Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - My favorite Springsteen clip ever
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 12, 2012 20:43

Saw this tour in '78 - enjoyed it way more than the Stones JFK show - this clip to me is almost unrivaled - everything rock and roll should be - the intro alone is just epic - soaring, wild, and unbridled - with some of the most tasteful keys I think Bittan has ever played - what an era this was

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-12 20:49 by hbwriter.

Re: OT - My favorite Springsteen clip ever
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 12, 2012 21:25

hbwriter
Saw this tour in '78 - enjoyed it way more than the Stones JFK show - this clip to me is almost unrivaled - everything rock and roll should be - the intro alone is just epic - soaring, wild, and unbridled - with some of the most tasteful keys I think Bittan has ever played - what an era this was

Hb, I didn't know you were at the JFK show. I know you've mentioned '75 several times.
I was just listening to that the other day.
I think I'm the only one here who likes that boot.
Good clip, too. Anyone know where this was recorded?

Date: August 12, 2012 21:37

Capitol Theater, NJ - Stones also played there in '78 smiling smiley

And yeah, '78 just seemed so less special as as a show - just not what i imagined at 16 years old smiling smiley

is it me - or does the intro here sound a lot like patti smith's 'frederick'?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-08-13 07:49 by hbwriter.

Date: August 13, 2012 03:28

The clip gets better and better. I actually wasn't that wild about the intro, but once the song proper starts - then seeing the Big Man gear up for his solo and charging up stage front; at about 7:10 Bruce goes into this bizarre vocal chant, and then my favorite part is Danny F taking a few on the organ, shaking his head, LOL.
I love Bruce, support him etc, but am not a big fan; especially not of the band nowadays. That is why I like this older sound where the guitar still cuts through.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 13, 2012 03:30

'78 Bruce tour was hard to beat. By anyone.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:21

Capitol Theater is in Passaic, NJ - not New York.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 13, 2012 04:34

Ahhh,the good old 78 intro. Many people on Springsteen boards drool over that. He did that a couple of times in Europe recently. Don't get much better than that. But still like the current lineup. You can't stay stuck in the past. Looking forward to his return to the states and some shows out west in the fall.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: August 13, 2012 05:43

Never understood the Springsteen fascination. Just can't get into it. But for those that do...enjoy!

Date: August 13, 2012 07:49

71Tele
Capitol Theater is in Passaic, NJ - not New York.

oops - bad typo considering the number of shows i saw there

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: August 13, 2012 08:15

The '78 Capitol Theater show was my introduction to Bruce.
A number of my friends had been raving about him, then a local radio station (either KLOS or KMET) played the first set of that show. I decided to tape it in case I liked it....and I did,

Date: August 13, 2012 09:04

BluzDude
The '78 Capitol Theater show was my introduction to Bruce.
A number of my friends had been raving about him, then a local radio station (either KLOS or KMET) played the first set of that show. I decided to tape it in case I liked it....and I did,

and then look what happens - you wind up 34 years later at the sports arena with me and SCL smiling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:12

'78 was also my introduction. I went to the Tucson show to prove to myself that he couldn't possibly live up to the hype. I came out a convert. A magical evening.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home