Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Tokyo Dome show on Google Music
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: July 23, 2012 18:07

StonesTod
CousinC
I think they keep a lot of the good stuff for the years after.

for the years after we're all dead and gone?

Yes. Luckily, I'll be there.....

Posted by: rbarnes00 ()
Date: September 17, 2012 04:16

I just tried to buy MP3 versions of LA Friday, Tokyo and Hampton. I live in the US. When I tried to check out, it said these items were location restricted. I knew the flac versions were, but the mp3?

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: September 18, 2012 18:07

So where's the followup already? That's what I care about.

I like all the releases, including this one, because they capture a place in time in a long and remarkable career. So...

When's the new one?

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 19, 2012 02:21

Very disappointing that the sound is so muddy compared to Cold Steel Blue, but if you don't already have that boot it's worth the listen.

Posted by: harrybo ()
Date: September 19, 2012 12:59

I just wrote an Email to 'Stones Archive'
because I have lost the Tokyo Show after
a Virus destroyed my Computer.
I hope they will send a new download - link....

Date: September 19, 2012 13:14

rbarnes00
I just tried to buy MP3 versions of LA Friday, Tokyo and Hampton. I live in the US. When I tried to check out, it said these items were location restricted. I knew the flac versions were, but the mp3?

Did you try on Google Music or on Stonesarchive? If you did the latter, it only works for europeans, I think.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 24, 2012 12:25

Finally got around to acquiring the Tokyo 1990 Archive Release last week, and have to say was very surprised - it was brilliant!!

Never a huge fan of the '..Wheels' tour, maybe due to most Pro-Shots I have from that tour are very keyboard heavy and it's difficult to hear the guitars beneath. But this release has guitars up front for the most part, and it sounds leagues better than the DVD's I have.

Sympathy, Rambler, Hear You Sigh, 2000 Light Years, even the warhorses - so many highlights. Loved it!

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: September 24, 2012 15:42

IrelandCalling4
Finally got around to acquiring the Tokyo 1990 Archive Release last week, and have to say was very surprised - it was brilliant!!

Never a huge fan of the '..Wheels' tour, maybe due to most Pro-Shots I have from that tour are very keyboard heavy and it's difficult to hear the guitars beneath. But this release has guitars up front for the most part, and it sounds leagues better than the DVD's I have.

Sympathy, Rambler, Hear You Sigh, 2000 Light Years, even the warhorses - so many highlights. Loved it!

I really like it as well. I wasn't thrilled when I saw them at Shea Stadium that they had "gone slick" and strived to recreate the recorded versions rather than the balls-out jamming that defined their sound in - say - '78 or '81, but it was still a good show and keith was still in great form. A better performance than a lot of people give them credit for.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: September 24, 2012 16:23

stonesdan60
IrelandCalling4

I really like it as well. I wasn't thrilled when I saw them at Shea Stadium that they had "gone slick" and strived to recreate the recorded versions rather than the balls-out jamming that defined their sound in - say - '78 or '81, but it was still a good show and keith was still in great form. A better performance than a lot of people give them credit for.

I liked it too. I'm hungry for the follow up. In fact I care a LOT more about the follow up to Tokyo Dome than I do about GRRR, which to me just seems not particularly inspiring. So WHEN is the follow up? And of course, WHAT?

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 8, 2013 13:34

YES !!! AT LAST I KNOW. The very unique SYMPATHY intro of these japanese concerts comes from FEB 27, 1990 and not feb 26.
Since the band released the feb 26 I was sure it was not from that show.
Wolfgang vaults uploaded FEB 27. And the Charlie intro comes from it.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Mixedreactions ()
Date: July 21, 2013 05:24

Might be a year late on this one, but can anyone help me find the option to purchase the full album of this on google play? It seems like I can only get the individual tracks for .99, for some reason there doesnt seem to be a link for the 4.99 full album purchase option. I am in the U.S. so I know this is where I need to go. And I cant seem to get the google folks to help either....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home