Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13
Re: Tokyo Dome show on Google Music
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:04

i'm hoping the free illegal download version sounds better. it usually sounds better when you're...breakin' the law...breakin' the law....

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:10

StonesTod
i'm hoping the free illegal download version sounds better. it usually sounds better when you're...breakin' the law...breakin' the law....

sure it will include some kickass sound...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:12

StonesTod

Well the idea of it sounds pretty darn good, so.....its sounding better already!

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:14

I think the release pattern makes a lot of sense. I too find this one to be a tad boring, though the playing and singing are very good and the new songs superior, it's just not something I'll listen to much. But I did buy it. For five dollars. I paid a small fortune for Stones live discs in the day, including Tokyo 1990. All things considered, they are covering a lot of bases. We've got the Rock and Roll Circus. We've got the complete MSG 1969. We got a new Ladies and Gentlemen. We got Brussels, which most people wanted more than anything. We got LA Friday. We got a great sounding '78 Fort Worth. We got Hampton. Now we got a full Steel Wheels. Like everyone, I'd love to get a '71, and El Mocambo and '95 Paradiso. Hyde Park. Special events. But taking a step back, they are covering the post Brian tour years nicely. It does not seem like they are very interested in multiple shows from a particular tour, at least at this point. But anyone who wants a good sounding collection of the live history of the Rolling Stones from 1968 on can get a nice, if cursory one.

Date: July 11, 2012 22:15

TeddyB1018
I think the release pattern makes a lot of sense. I too find this one to be a tad boring, though the playing and singing are very good and the new songs superior, it's just not something I'll listen to much. But I did buy it. For five dollars. I paid a small fortune for Stones live discs in the day, including Tokyo 1990. All things considered, they are covering a lot of bases. We've got the Rock and Roll Circus. We've got the complete MSG 1969. We got a new Ladies and Gentlemen. We got Brussels, which most people wanted more than anything. We got LA Friday. We got a great sounding '78 Fort Worth. We got Hampton. Now we got a full Steel Wheels. Like everyone, I'd love to get a '71, and El Mocambo and '95 Paradiso. Hyde Park. Special events. But taking a step back, they are covering the post Brian tour years nicely. It does not seem like they are very interested in multiple shows from a particular tour, at least at this point. But anyone who wants a good sounding collection of the live history of the Rolling Stones from 1968 on can get a nice, if cursory one.

you talk about your glass half-full guys....sheesh....

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:17

Rolling Hansie
robertfraser
Has anyone else had trouble downloading from stonesarchive????

Sorry to hear that. No problem at all here.
You are not in USA, are you ? Stonesarchive is only for people outside USA.

no in europe. I wonder if his majesty has downloaded as i'm only 20 miles away from aberdeen scotland?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:18

I downloaded my flacs from there earlier today without any problems

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:19

europe will be on tomorrow.
try again tomorrow
jeroen
i had the same problem with the last release, and tried a next day and yeah............
jeroen

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:28

Mathijs
I guess any show prior to the 1971 has legal problems due to ABKCO, and I doubt they recorded anything else than Leeds on the 71 tour -and this one was recorded by the BBC.

Mathijs

Bill Wyman, Rolling With The Stones, page 375:
The shows at Brighton, Liverpool, Leeds and London were recorded live on the eight-track Stones mobile studio, by Glyn Johns except London where Chris Kimsey did the honors. [...] A one hour tape was presented to Radio One's John Peel for broadcast on 30 May.

So, where's the fookin' 4 CD 1971 tour box??!!

As for 1972, the mediocre mix and average performance of Ladies And Gents certainly doesn't do the STP tour justice.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 22:28 by LieB.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:32

corriecas
europe will be on tomorrow.

No, Europe is on today. I downloaded it this afternoon.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 11, 2012 22:34

robertfraser
Rolling Hansie
robertfraser

no in europe. I wonder if his majesty has downloaded as i'm only 20 miles away from aberdeen scotland?

In that case I don't know what went wrong, I'm sorry.
I live in the Netherlands and downloaded it this afternoon without any problems.
Did you download the other ones without problems ?

-------------------

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:35

Is there any artwork created by some guys ?

Gr Ray

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:37

I downloaded at 10:58 Hrs this morning - not a bother, and I live in Reading, Berkshire.

The only bother I had was getting up too early to watch/blink the Olympic torch.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:38

Paul Kersey
audun-eg
Had a go through Midnight Rambler and this has to be the best live version since Ya Yas. Tight, focused and simply brilliant. If this isn't rock and roll, I don't know what is. Only Chuck is present of the backups, so maybe there's a possibillity for the "vegas haters" to actually likenit too? smileys with beer

Chuck ruins it with the plinkety plink piano! You obviously haven't listened to the Brussels version?

Of course I have. Compared to Ya Yas that one is near a trainwreck. grinning smiley kidding of course, but what's wrong with Chucks pianoplaying? I have a feeling it's more of a fashion in here to dislike Chuck than him actually beeing a bad player. Cause he isn't at all!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 22:47 by audun-eg.

Date: July 11, 2012 22:52

audun-eg
I have a feeling it's more of a fashion in here to dislike Chuck than him actually beeing a bad player. Cause he isn't at all!

i love you

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 11, 2012 22:54

StonesTod
audun-eg
I have a feeling it's more of a fashion in here to dislike Chuck than him actually beeing a bad player. Cause he isn't at all!

i love you

...but on the free illegal downloads he´s all mixed down...

Date: July 11, 2012 22:57

shortfatfanny
StonesTod
audun-eg

i love you

...but on the free illegal downloads he´s all mixed down...

you gotta pay to hear chuck? man, they really know how to hurt a guy....

Date: July 11, 2012 22:57

audun-eg
but what's wrong with Chucks pianoplaying?

Nothing

-------------------

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: July 11, 2012 23:17

I asked for "Tokyo, hold the Chuck please" and was charged .50 extra!!
Whoa

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: July 11, 2012 23:30

HighwireC
StonesTod
where is the outrage over this abomination of an archive release? with only two more to go, the hope and promise of a true holy grail is slipping away. write your congressman! call bill german! do something! don't just sit there and be happy!

Only two left ...?
They did a contract with google android containing six releases within twelve months, but they never said they can't do more by stonesarchive/universal ... cool smiley
Well, we started with 1973, which was a holy grail pretty much. Then 1975, then 1981, now 1990. It seems we're going forward in time.
Brace yourself for two more vegas shows.
But hey, we did get the muddy waters thing too.

Posted by: elmod ()
Date: July 11, 2012 23:38

Whale
HighwireC
StonesTod
where is the outrage over this abomination of an archive release? with only two more to go, the hope and promise of a true holy grail is slipping away. write your congressman! call bill german! do something! don't just sit there and be happy!

Only two left ...?
They did a contract with google android containing six releases within twelve months, but they never said they can't do more by stonesarchive/universal ... cool smiley
Well, we started with 1973, which was a holy grail pretty much. Then 1975, then 1981, now 1990. It seems we're going forward in time.
Brace yourself for two more vegas shows.
But hey, we did get the muddy waters thing too.

1973, 1981, 1975, 1990 -- so the next one will be from a date between 75 and 90 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-11 23:40 by elmod.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 12, 2012 00:35

I had the same problem and this was my solution: disable your virusscanner for the time it takes to download the whole set. After disabling it worked like a charm. Don't forget to put your virusscanner back up afterwards....

Remco

robertfraser
Rolling Hansie
robertfraser

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: July 12, 2012 01:06

gimme_shelter
I had the same problem and this was my solution: disable your virusscanner for the time it takes to download the whole set. After disabling it worked like a charm. Don't forget to put your virusscanner back up afterwards....

Remco

robertfraser
Rolling Hansie
robertfraser

Downloaded ok from Edinburgh. Scotland . just listening now - not sure if it is much of an upgrade of quality to the bootleg 'COLD STEEL BLUE'..but need to listen in full.

Date: July 12, 2012 01:17

flacnvinyl
I will NOT be blackmailed into buying it out of brand loyalty.

You know you want to.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: July 12, 2012 01:23

Great sound, great release. My only complaint about the whole Steel Wheels campaign is how brass-heavy the sound is. Other than that, awesome boot.

Keep 'em coming guys.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: July 12, 2012 01:24

Didn't get a chance to download this last night. Tonight though.

Looking at this thread, is it safe to assume that this release falls at the bottom of the list of all the ones they've released? Seems like it.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 12, 2012 01:35

Keessie
Is there any artwork created by some guys ?

Gr Ray

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 12, 2012 02:32

robertfraser
I wonder if his majesty has downloaded as i'm only 20 miles away from aberdeen scotland?

I haven't downloaded any of these Stones Archive releases.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: July 12, 2012 03:05

Mick Jagger recalls that the show was "a very difficult gig to play [because] the indoor Tokyo Dome…was very echo-y."

I remember Paul McCartney used time-delayed quadraphonic speakers as one of the PA systems for Tokyo Dome show in March, 1990.
Wasn't Stones known that? or McCartney was informed by way of Stones?

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: July 12, 2012 10:18

gimme_shelter

Remco

robertfraser
Rolling Hansie
robertfraser

gimme_shelter that's exactly what is was - thank you very much!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213Next
Current Page: 8 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1865
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home