Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Mick's Sordid Self
Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: July 10, 2012 11:52

Well, imho this story puts Mick into a rather poor moral position, deserting the wife the morning after she had given birth to their third child. That's simply unbelievable, as per my personal ethics, and leaves me with a bad aftertaste.

PS: Would you care to share your views on this, swaystones?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 10, 2012 12:16

dead.flowers
That's simply unbelievable

As is almost anything written by Christopher Anderson

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 10, 2012 12:42

Rolling Hansie
dead.flowers
That's simply unbelievable

As is almost anything written by Christopher Anderson

Do you mean it is made up by that person? That would put things in different light, then.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 10, 2012 13:29

...the Ava Cherry source is interesting....

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 10, 2012 13:55

dead.flowers
Do you mean it is made up by that person? That would put things in different light, then.

As Title5Take1 already posted:

This is the 1st book that Andersen wrote about Mick.
It is full of gossip stories, rather unbelievable. Very sensational sometimes, but most of the stories cannot be verified. I guess his second book is about the same.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 10, 2012 15:23

Well, deadflowers, I ' ve read many years ago the unauthorized biography Anderson had written about Jagger.

I thought then than Mr Anderson wrote too much about gossips and seemed sort of fascinated by Jagger's sexuality and affairs -or one-night-stands, call it as you want.
So I was not surprised to read the article about Jagger and Carla Bruni.

What surprised me was to read how Carla felt bad about how the relationship ended. She is not the kind of xoman who seems to be under a man,s thumb and to expect something of a relation with a married man. .....
I will email you this evening.
dead.flowers
Well, imho this story puts Mick into a rather poor moral position, deserting the wife the morning after she had given birth to their third child. That's simply unbelievable, as per my personal ethics, and leaves me with a bad aftertaste.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: July 10, 2012 15:40

Rolling Hansie
most of the stories cannot be verified. I guess his second book is about the same.
Yeah, you guess. If this were slander, and could not be documented, MJ has the resources, the ego, and the pride to put someone like Andersen out of business.

Interesting to read others' posts about moral character, spousal loyalty (or not), especially when a child is born, etc. Many of us probably would not like the people behind the art we love. When Keith and Macca talk about creativity coming through them instead of them making it, it shows that art and the character of the person behind it can be separate.

MJ was a great writer and performer, and things like Brown Sugar are classics, standing the test of time and capturing a moment in history. But as MJ continues in the spotlight, with creative years behind him, all we are left with is a disappointing realization of who he really is.

To contrast, not saying Keith is a saint, but look at Keith and Patti, and what they have endured together, loving each other through the storms of life. They mean something to each other, and probably always will. When Jerry Hall says that she hopes MJ finds happiness, what she means is that MJ is probably not capable of developing the kind of bond that Keith and Patti, or many of us or many of our parents have been fortunate to have.

Some of you have invoked misogyny, and Claire mentioned Jerry's disfunctional family. A partnership based on misogyny and low self esteem, or anticipation to be treated poorly, seems like a recipe for disaster, where perversely each partner feeds the worst part of their personality.

In any event, someone whose intellect and upbringing does not account for such base, classless behavior has something else going on between the ears.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 16:00 by paulm.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 10, 2012 16:08

O n January 12, 1992, Jerry gave birth to seven-pound, thirteen-ounce Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger. The next morning, Mick was on a plane bound for Thailand,

Am I alone in finding the notion that this story is literally true to be extremely far-fetched?

Its not only far-fetched. Its absolutely untrue.

Mick was in Los Angeles on 16th January for the 'Freejack' premiere. He flew there on the 14th from London.

[www.timeisonourside.com]

Not that I'm in any way defending Mick's conduct, but Anderson is quite evidently just jazzing up his story to make it sound like he went to Thailand as soon as his child's umbilical cord was cut to make him out to be as big a ratbag as he possibly can.

Now, he did fly from Tokyo to Thailand on February 20 to meet Carla Bruni, which is not quite as dramatic and outrageous a story as Anderson is making out.

Still, never let a few easily checked facts get in the way of a good lie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 17:49 by Gazza.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 10, 2012 16:17

The fantastic thing with this story is that someone really bother who Sir Slick Shagger is banging when and where all over this world...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: July 10, 2012 16:37

Having read threads like this, what I wonder is: Who are we to give moral judgements of other people's lives? Be they "ordinary people" or rock stars.

And do we, after all, really have a common moral basis? On all issues? Then for each issue, to the extent that we should all the same have a common moral basis (in all elements?) as adviseable, is it to be strictly lived up to? Even to be judged by some instance, which or who? And are we all in the same life situations to be regulated by this moral codex and its supervisors? Not saying that one cannot feel sympathy with those that fall victim to actions and situations they cannot handle, even when they in advance thought that they would.

I seem to remember this slogan "sex, drugs and rock'n'roll". Applying imagewise more than most to this band. To be expected to be found in the personal lives of the members of this band to some degree if not indiscriminately. Rock as a life style. Leading to some freedom, if possibly with some difficult consequences. I have always personally known: Not for everybody to follow in all situations, but maybe sometimes in some respects.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 19:43 by Witness.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 10, 2012 16:41

Gazza
O n January 12, 1992, Jerry gave birth to seven-pound, thirteen-ounce Georgia May Ayeesha Jagger. The next morning, Mick was on a plane bound for Thailand,

Am I alone in finding the notion that this story is literally true to be extremely far-fetched?

Mick was in Los Angeles on 16th January for the 'Freejack' premiere. He flew there on the 14th from London.

Not that I'm in any way defending Mick's conduct, but Anderson is quite evidently just jazzing up his story to make it sound like he went to Thailand as soon as his child's umbilical cord was cut to make him out to be as big a ratbag as he possibly can.

Now, he did fly from Tokyo to Thailand on February 20 to meet Carla Bruni, which is not quite as framatic and outrageous a story as Anderson is making out.

Thank you for the clarification, Gazza. Are there any biographies of Jagger, or any of the band members, that you consider reliable?

Date: July 10, 2012 17:46

latebloomer
Gazza

Now, he did fly from Tokyo to Thailand on February 20 to meet Carla Bruni, which is not quite as framatic and outrageous a story as Anderson is making out.

Thank you for the clarification, Gazza. Are there any biographies of Jagger, or any of the band members, that you consider reliable?

In a word - no.

Some are quite entertaining though, but they're generally poorly researched sensationalist nonsense written by hacks. Anderson being one of the main offenders (see what I did there? smiling smiley )

the ones that concentrate primarily on the music are better, but they're less likely to be best sellers due to the lack of gutter-level tabloid crap that will get headlines when they're being serialised as this one has done.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 17:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2012 17:55

Gazza
latebloomer
Gazza

In a word - no.

Some are quite entertaining though, but they're generally poorly researched sensationalist nonsense written by hacks. Anderson being one of the main offenders (see what I did there? smiling smiley )

the ones that concentrate primarily on the music are better, but they're less likely to be best sellers due to the lack of gutter-level tabloid crap that will get headlines when they're being serialised as this one has done.

bastid

Date: July 10, 2012 18:07

Gazza

Now, he did fly from Tokyo to Thailand on February 20 to meet Carla Bruni, which is not quite as dramatic and outrageous a story as Anderson is making out.

Thanks a lot, Gazza, for clarifying details. Thankfully I've never read any of Andersen's literary intrigues.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 10, 2012 20:21

Gazza

Well, he waited a few weeks, lol....but its the same behavior pattern.
Anderson is a hack though. I don't think these people even do research. These books seem written from all the rags I bought in the 80s.....bits here and there, the same stories told over and over. I doubt Jagger cares what they write.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 10, 2012 20:31

Naturalist, you are 100% correct about the road crew! I experienced that scene first hand on August 8, 1975, I was alone at the Rich Stadium show, way down front when one of the crew members approached me about going with him " back stage to meet with Mick Jagger"....even back then I knew better! I called him a nasty word and walked away....I think I said I had no taste for roadies. No regrets about that moment in time!

Date: July 10, 2012 20:32

stupidguy2

Well, he waited a few weeks, lol....but its the same behavior pattern.
Anderson is a hack though. I don't think these people even do research. These books seem written from all the rags I bought in the 80s.....bits here and there, the same stories told over and over. I doubt Jagger cares what they write.

Not denying that, but while the story of him seeing Carla Bruni isnt disputed and has been known for a long time, the 'new' outrage seems to be directed at the supposition that he basically hot footed it to the airport as soon as he heard his daughter's first yell.

In other words, the story is sensationalised even more with an angle which is an utter invention to make him look beyond redemption.

I hope he sues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-10 20:32 by Gazza.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2012 20:40

mickschix
Naturalist, you are 100% correct about the road crew! I experienced that scene first hand on August 8, 1975, I was alone at the Rich Stadium show, way down front when one of the crew members approached me about going with him " back stage to meet with Mick Jagger"....even back then I knew better! I called him a nasty word and walked away....I think I said I had no taste for roadies. No regrets about that moment in time!

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: July 10, 2012 20:59

paulm,you nicely point out that the man and his art can and often are very different entities. Witness your post spoke the truth to me about morality and brought a smile to my face.

Few of us will ever know the truth of the intent behind Mick's seemingly endless procession of lovers. If he were to pen his life story we would get as close as we are able. I think we have extraordinary abilities to read people's unspoken language, especially as we get older. I've seen Mick up close, done my read on him and he is exactly who each of us think he is.
A man who has been lucky enough to live an adolescent fantasy of wealth and fame and sex and power. A true rock star cut from the early mold. Easily bored, never around long enough to personally pick up the pieces of failed situations and too set in his ways to ever change.
I think having daughters has mellowed him somewhat but had to smile when Jade had to ask him to bring a date at least as old as her recently.
I love the man but probably wouldn't like him much.

As far as me being a young man, I sure don't feel young this morning. I have kids who are having their first love relationships, so I'm old enough to have an opinion. Lol Most Importantly, I have love in my life, surrounded by it every day and I have a lot of love for people here on IORR. Some more than others and they know who they are. I am grateful in any case. peace

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: July 10, 2012 21:08

Naturalust
Easily bored, never around long enough to personally pick up the pieces of failed situations and too set in his ways to ever change.
I think having daughters has mellowed him somewhat but had to smile when Jade had to ask him to bring a date at least as old as her recently.
I love the man but probably wouldn't like him much.
peace

Mick is more than just love affairs and music.
paulm, don´t forget, he has been in a relationship with L´Wren for more than 10 years now, so he IS able to develop that kind of bond. And he seems to be very happy.

Date: July 10, 2012 21:10

What I want to know mickschix,is what were you doing ALONE at that Stones show in 1975? Lol Obviously you are beautiful, inside and out! Funny story in any case and it made me smile! peace

Date: July 10, 2012 21:20

Funny. Rita Marley had a backbone and new of Bob's infidelities. She didn't care so she obviously was taking care of herself. She said they shared a vision and that was more imporant.

It's also a different culture. Perhaps Mick's biggest mistake was living in the same house as his girlfriends and wives. He probably should have never married. How Jerry didn't kill him is amazing. Why Mick gave grossly false hopes to her (and whoever) is the problem with having a ego such as his: you think you can get women 24/7 when, in reality, you can't. It's called having ZERO RESPECT. Why he would stick around having been "pushed too much" as Jerry thought she did says a lot too: he must've liked being told how bad he was and seeing how far he could push it/her. It gave him material. It was creative, since being poor wasn't going to work.

That's great Mick. You thought she wanted your lovin' but it's your heart she stole? What heart? Money is your soul.

It all makes sense.

Date: July 10, 2012 21:29

Naturalist, you're very kind. I was 21 at the time, my boyfriend, who ended up being my hubby was a med student and had exams to study for but was a huge Stones fan...he had to stay home and study. My Dad, a real hero, ended up driving me 8 hours to Buffalo with no ticket. My Mom, Dad and I stayed at a motel right next to Rich Stadium and all of the other rooms at the motel were occupied by Hell's Angels....I bought my scalped ticket from them....I do have Stones stories...actually my fondest memories are ALL related to the Stones in one way or another. I'm divorced now so if they do tour, I'll be going alone, again!yawning smiley

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 10, 2012 21:38

mickschix, i must really be a road crew stuff then...The evening before my first Stones show, I was 15 yo, I went to have a look around near the trucks. A roadie or member of the crew came out of a truck and asked me if I " wanted to come in, because Jagger was expected to be there a bit later "
I remember exactly what was my answer. .." I bet that is no Jagger you want me to see. ut something else! No way! "

Of course I guess my oor English did not allowed me to say exactly what I would have said in French lol
mickschix

Date: July 10, 2012 22:05

Now these are the kind of stories I hoped this thread would bring out. Smiles all around, some a bit more crooked than others!
If you were a male in that same position drugs would usually be your ticket backstage. Imagine the hollow feelings these dudes had the next morning. Lol peace

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: July 10, 2012 22:32

Hmm. Is Mick the victim of women throwing themselves at him 24/7 or is he a voracious consumer of women? Is his serial infidelity a function of being away from home so much? I don't know, but I don't admire him off stage. Marsha Hunt is quoted as saying that Mick denied paternity of Karis for more than 10 years and didn't have anything to do with her (which I take to include not supporting her) until after a long court battle ( [www.dailymail.co.uk] ). He claimed he and Jerry were never married when they split, to try to minimize any settlement he'd have to pay, after 21 years together and 4 kids ( [www.guardian.co.uk] ). He got Luciana Morad pregnant while married to Hall and required a paternity test before he would discuss support. Not only do I think he's a bit of a douche bag, what kind of message does that send to his 4 daughters and his grand-daughters? He seems to think a woman's value is between her legs, and is pretty fragile at that, depending upon whether someone else comes along.

Discuss.

Date: July 10, 2012 23:12

SomeTorontoGirl
Hmm. Is Mick the victim of women throwing themselves at him 24/7 or is he a voracious consumer of women? Is his serial infidelity a function of being away from home so much? I don't know, but I don't admire him off stage. Marsha Hunt is quoted as saying that Mick denied paternity of Karis for more than 10 years and didn't have anything to do with her (which I take to include not supporting her) until after a long court battle ( [www.dailymail.co.uk] ). He claimed he and Jerry were never married when they split, to try to minimize any settlement he'd have to pay, after 21 years together and 4 kids ( [www.guardian.co.uk] ). He got Luciana Morad pregnant while married to Hall and required a paternity test before he would discuss support. Not only do I think he's a bit of a douche bag, what kind of message does that send to his 4 daughters and his grand-daughters? He seems to think a woman's value is between her legs, and is pretty fragile at that, depending upon whether someone else comes along.

Discuss.

HA HA! What is there to discuss!!?? You just said it all! Although there may be reason for Mick to wait ten years to, er, to demand a paternity test because, well, maybe it's...

No one will ever know what Mick's "reasons" for not owning up to/supporting/etc the mothers and kids. But we do know he did what he did. Selfish is one word that comes to mind. What's even funnier is that he kept on going anyway. Guy obviously doesn't know what a condomn is!

Date: July 10, 2012 23:48

In defense of his attitude regarding women, again, if the quality of the women around him were such that he COULD place real value on them, it would be a different story. I'm not all about bashing just the guy where sleaziness comes into play. I have no regard for women who chase after a guy until he catches them, and then gets pregnant ON PURPOSE mind you, and then demands payment!
No I do believe in women's rights to the max but I see the " ladies" who fall at his feet...why wouldn't he feel they're disposable and forgettable. Do any of these women value HIM for something other than his sexuality? Mick seems to value L'Wren, I guess that says something about her value. I think it says she values HERSELF!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 10, 2012 23:58

mickschix
Naturalist, you're very kind. I was 21 at the time, my boyfriend, who ended up being my hubby was a med student and had exams to study for but was a huge Stones fan...he had to stay home and study. My Dad, a real hero, ended up driving me 8 hours to Buffalo with no ticket. My Mom, Dad and I stayed at a motel right next to Rich Stadium and all of the other rooms at the motel were occupied by Hell's Angels....I bought my scalped ticket from them....I do have Stones stories...actually my fondest memories are ALL related to the Stones in one way or another. I'm divorced now so if they do tour, I'll be going alone, again!yawning smiley

I'm divorced now so if they do tour, I'll be going alone, again!

confused smiley winking smiley grinning smiley
LOL

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: July 11, 2012 00:07

dead.flowers

Howsa' 'bout a little Sympathy For The (old) Devil?

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home