Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Mick's Sordid Self
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 05:19

Just saw an Inside Edition-type show with Anderson talking about Mick sleeping with the 4,000 women in his life. He includes Farrah Fawcett (just realized I don't know how to spell Farrah's name).....
seriously, is this guy for real? How do you even come up with a number like that? First of all, I don't think Jagger has ever made a statement as to how many women he's slept with....
Where did Anderson get this shit? When the thread was started, I was like...'oh big deal, another hack-job of a book, who gives a shit.' But seeing this little weazle on shows making outrageous claims like this with no substantiated fact...just 'friends, former lovers,,,' etc.....
It stinks, like putrid, vile sensationalist shit.
Did he count all the women seen in a picture with Mick? What a clown.
Mick doesn't care, but it's sickening that most of us could never get a book written and hacks like this get published with very flimsy research and even flimsier authenticity.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 05:21 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 12, 2012 07:19

Quality publishers make a point of having their lawyers carefully vet books that could get them into lawsuits.

Andersen's publisher has been taking its chances with several other books that appeal to the gossip-minded.

What surprises me is why a well-educated man with onetime good credentials is stooping so low. I guess Mr. A. prefers big bucks to respect and accuracy.

The publisher probably figures Jagger would rather ignore the book than drag out an expensive lawsuit.

I wonder how many of those who posted in this thread plan to actually buy the Andersen book?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-07-12 08:58 by stonesrule.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 12, 2012 09:50

Mickschix, could you please post your story?

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: July 12, 2012 11:00

mickschx, I fully agree with you when you say that Jagger is wise \ clever enough to not let him be ruled and defined by his rock star role only.
If you are clever and if you have money, then it is more easy to have your mind open to art, litterature etc

For the rest, you put my thoughts into words.
As a woman, I would not have have like to be the xxxhundredth woman to go in bed with him but most likely to be the one he will remember for my brilliant conversation.
I must confess that I would enjoy to be the one to be remember by him for my other talents I won' t name on that board. ...:-)) i
mickschix
Well, I do consider myself a bit of a Jagger scholar--LOL--and I agree, if he were to write an honest autobiography, it would NOT be just about music, drugs and women..The man is a wealth of knowledge on a great many topics like birds, History, architecture, gardening/landscaping, etc...the list goes on and on..oh, and also film directing. My point is that as he got older, he was wise enough to cultivate other interests, knowing full well that he would have to have other things to do for the second half of his life.
I always said that if I were to have some quality time alone with him, I would want to spend it TALKING, having dinner perhaps and really seeing what he's like outside of the rock arena. I would want him to remember me as the woman who he actually enjoyed being with for reasons other than sex. I have read all of the stories about the few women who have gone back to his suite and listened to music, shared a bottle of wine and really SAW MICK JAGGER, at least a glimpse. I have been blessed to have met him twice, and for more than a fleeting second, and it made me more determined than ever to have that kind of visit. The third time IS the charm I'm thinking...

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: July 12, 2012 13:22

...so much for this guys Bebe Buell source...she came out debunking the Jagger/Bowie orgies....she said she doesn't do orgies, never has, and never will..that she was Jaggers GF on off for years..and that Bowie was just a friend....there goes another source.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 12, 2012 15:45

Bliss, I would have no idea how to do that but maybe I could scan it and send it to you. And I bet no one here buys that horrible book! ( Anderson's book, I meant!)

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 12, 2012 18:56

mickschix
Bliss, I would have no idea how to do that but maybe I could scan it and send it to you. And I bet no one here buys that horrible book! ( Anderson's book, I meant!)

I haven't bothered with these books in years. The book you were featured in was unique. The so-called bios.....not since the Sanchez book have I even read one completely, not even the Norman book. (I don't count the Booth, Dalton, first Greenfield book etc...those books are a cut above, more historical document than bio))
But the crap we've been getting for the last 25 years...pure crap.
I'm not claiming not to be interested in gossip, but this shit isn't even good gossip. Its mostly culled from 25 years worth of US, People, Inquirer etc....the stuff I read when I was younger, and even then you took it with a grain of salt. Much of it, most of it simply bloated and distorted for sensationalistic purposes.
Anderson doesn't know shit about Jagger as an artist and without that, he may as well be writing about the Kardashians. Its shallow.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 12, 2012 20:46

Very true, Stupid guy, which by the way, you sure ARE NOT! My book was a total labor of love for my pal, Marilou. She may be doing a second edition, or actually adding new material to the original book. The thing about this book is any Stones fan can identify with these stories...my chapter is a bit long but I have a long history with the band. I started following them when I was 10....love at first sight, Mick doing the James Brown foot over foot step that I started to copy...pretty funny really. The stories in her book are all personal stories, recounting how we discovered the Stones, some up close & personal. I'm thrilled that you like it.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:30

stonesrule
Quality publishers make a point of having their lawyers carefully vet books that could get them into lawsuits.

Andersen's publisher has been taking its chances with several other books that appeal to the gossip-minded.

What surprises me is why a well-educated man with onetime good credentials is stooping so low. I guess Mr. A. prefers big bucks to respect and accuracy.

The publisher probably figures Jagger would rather ignore the book than drag out an expensive lawsuit.

I wonder how many of those who posted in this thread plan to actually buy the Andersen book?

Sensibly, Jagger has never sued for personal libels - breach of Stones copyright is a different matter!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:36

mickschix
I bet no one here buys that horrible book! ( Anderson's book, I meant!)

I bought the first book, simply because in those days I bought anything about the Stones. But reading that first book is the best reason for not bying this second edition.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 12, 2012 22:45

Rolling Hansie
mickschix
I bet no one here buys that horrible book! ( Anderson's book, I meant!)

I bought the first book, simply because in those days I bought anything about the Stones. But reading that first book is the best reason for not bying this second edition.

Is it worse than this awful one by Stephen Davis ?

Date: July 12, 2012 23:18

shortfatfanny

Don't know/remember this one. Anymore info before I have to go through all my books to see if I got that one ?

-------------------

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 12, 2012 23:25

Rolling Hansie
shortfatfanny

Don't know/remember this one. Anymore info before I have to go through all my books to see if I got that one ?

CanĀ“t remember the original title..."Old Gods...." somewhat.
Picked it at a fleetmarket couple of years ago...should throw it back...smoking smiley
As far as I know this guy wrote several of this kind...

Date: July 12, 2012 23:34

Old Gods ... Almost dead ? Think I have that one

-------------------

Date: July 12, 2012 23:35

Stupid book indeed

-------------------

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1496
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home