Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Keith Richards Talks Joint Recordings With Jack White
Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 25, 2012 23:08

"If Jack wanted to [release] it, I'd probably say yeah," says Stones guitarist

CommentBy Patrick Doyle
June 25, 2012 1:10 PM ET

Mick Jagger, Jack White and Keith Richards on the cover of Rolling StoneMax VadukulKeith Richards and Jack White have been friends for years, but in 2009 they collaborated professionally, spending time together in a recording studio. "I enjoy working with Jack," Richards told Rolling Stone at the time. "We've done a couple of tracks."

In a recent chat with RS, Richards addressed the possibility of the joint recordings being released one day. "I don't know if [Jack] ever considered that it was actually, like, master cuts," Richards now says. "But at the same time if Jack wanted to do it, I'd probably say, 'Yeah.'"

"I know Jack pretty well," adds Richards. "He's a lovely player."

Richards will travel to London for a Stones summit in July, where the band will discuss potential plans to record new material to mark their 50th anniversary. "We're going to talk about that in July and see," he said. "I mean, I'd love to get some tracks down and see what songs we've got. And that goes along with part of getting the band back together and getting things moving. So I'd love to cut some tracks, yeah."

For years, fans have speculated about whether White will produce the Stones, working the same magic he did with Loretta Lynn and Wanda Jackson. "That's always a possibility," Richards says. "The door is wide open."

White first saw the Stones live when the White Stripes opened for them in 2002. "[I learned] how good they were," White told David Fricke in his 2008 cover story with Richards. "You could see the comfort level between them, in Keith's guitar playing and Ron's slide playing. It's impressive, man, when that confidence is exuded."

From Rolling Stone Magazine ....

White's favorite Stones song? "'Undercover of the Night.' I love the guitar riff. I wanted to break the song down to just the riff and that shaky-maracas beat. But we worked on it for a second and got distracted, I guess."

"You wouldn't have loved the song so much," Richards told White, "if you'd had to do the goddamned video for it."

Read more: [www.rollingstone.com]

Re: Keith Richards Talks Joint Recordings With Jack White
Posted by: Martijnstone ()
Date: June 25, 2012 23:14

sounds good!!!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 25, 2012 23:17

smoke 'em if you got 'em

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: June 25, 2012 23:25

HA, what a first impression.

Keith: "Alright Jack, my boy, what do you want to play?"
Jack: "How about 'Undercover of The Night?!'"
Keith: (groan)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-25 23:25 by Justin.

Date: June 25, 2012 23:28

one does have to wonder about having a guy at the helm who lists that song as his numero uno....maybe jack has an older friend or something...

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: June 25, 2012 23:47

I don't like Jack White at all, just listen Wanda Jackson or Loretta Lynn records, he wants to be above them all the time,he wants to be leading role of everything and the stars are they, not hime!!
That's my impression,
Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: June 26, 2012 00:01

Jack White is amazing. I really don't understand how anyone could listen to the work he did with Loretta Lynn and say that he "wants to be leading role of everything". That record kicks butt. And it was certainly the best thing Lynn had released in decades.

His new solo album is great, his new tour is great, and the fact that he names Undercover as his favorite song is refreshing and makes some sense.

Deconstruct the main riff and throw some loose interpretation of the percussion into the mix and, yeah.....I mean...that makes sense.

People rippin on JW oughta have their Rock and Roll membership cards revoked; that boy can flat out play.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 26, 2012 00:15

Undercover of the Night is great! thumbs up

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2012 00:19

Well Jack has certainly got the financial backing necessary to put out good stuff. As a hard one to win over, I must admit I do like some of his guitar playing, his fearlessness in the studio and his latest release. People on this board turned me onto the dude and I am grateful for it! A real breath of fresh air as a younger Keith sidekick compared to Mr. Depp. in any case.

If Keith is willing to cut tracks with Jack I guess that answers the question of whether he is capable of playing new Stones music. Of course he is. Start saving for the tickets is my best advice. peace

Date: June 26, 2012 00:20

Undercover.....Jack White has good taste thumbs up

Date: June 26, 2012 00:39

undercover of the night occupies a unique place in stones touring history. it typically shows up in the setlist as the tour begins...mick getting his way (he's often mentioned it's one of his fave tunes)...before keith lays down the law and it's ultimately dismissed again...

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:06

StonesTod
undercover of the night occupies a unique place in stones touring history. it typically shows up in the setlist as the tour begins...mick getting his way (he's often mentioned it's one of his fave tunes)...before keith lays down the law and it's ultimately dismissed again...

Great comment ...........thumbs up

Date: June 26, 2012 01:06

Ask Loretta and Wanda Jackson about those records, they don't say same things about that.
For example Alabama Shakes, Jack White saw them and wanted record with them, they say no, just one single, why?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:09

Yeah Undercover ... cool choice Jack ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:32

carlitosbaez
Ask Loretta and Wanda Jackson about those records, they don't say same things about that.
For example Alabama Shakes, Jack White saw them and wanted record with them, they say no, just one single, why?

Who is this on the video?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:50

vermontoffender
Jack White is amazing. I really don't understand how anyone could listen to the work he did with Loretta Lynn and say that he "wants to be leading role of everything". That record kicks butt. And it was certainly the best thing Lynn had released in decades.

His new solo album is great, his new tour is great, and the fact that he names Undercover as his favorite song is refreshing and makes some sense.

Deconstruct the main riff and throw some loose interpretation of the percussion into the mix and, yeah.....I mean...that makes sense.

People rippin on JW oughta have their Rock and Roll membership cards revoked; that boy can flat out play.

you are dead on!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2012 01:52

StonesTod

Keith has trouble picking up the guitar, laying down the law should be the least of his concerns.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:11

carlitosbaez

You are aware that they are signed to his Third Man label???

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:51

Jack White's Loretta Lynn record was nothing short of spectacular...he brought her into this century....btw Alabama Shakes are a force...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2012 02:57

vermontoffender

I came to this board as a ripper of Mr. White, I had only heard a couple of his things, but folks here put me straight, gave me a couple of leads to find his material and I'm now a fan. Can I have my membership card back please? peace

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2012 03:02

Undercover might be the last A-Plus self-penned tune the Stones created. The album may have been forgettable, but the song itself is slashing, and dark and original. It's a hell of a production.

As for Jack White, I think he would be perfect. He could help create a Stones album that remains 'classic' sounding, while giving it that little twist that moves it into modernity. Which is what he does with his bent Zeppelin riffs. His new album is really good. The problem for me is forcing myself to listen to an actual new album. Albums have been so piss poor for so long that I've grown used to singles and self-made compilations.

Brooke Waggoner is the pianist White uses on his recent (1st) solo album. She would be perfect for the Stones to use.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 26, 2012 04:37

His Majesty
great riff with kinda lame lyrics

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2012 05:42

Slick
His Majesty
great riff with kinda lame lyrics

Lame?

Hear the screams of center 42
Loud enough to bust your brains out
The oppositions tongue is cut in two
Keep off the street cause you're in danger

One hundred thousands disparus
lost in the jails of South America.......

This is stuff no one was talking about. This is the real 1980s.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 26, 2012 06:45

Let's not forget the great front cover picture:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-26 06:46 by micwer.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:09

The Wanda Jackson album was flat, lifeless and disappointing but he is the perfect balance to Loretta Lynn. His band was great in support of her excellent album. The Wanda Jackson I think was a failed attempt to make.lighting strike twice. As far as the stones go I think it would be good as long as he doesn't overplayand.generally play on every song. He could bring some badly negeded freshness and energy without it being being trendy.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 26, 2012 10:20

The Wanda Jackson album was flat,

........ sure was ... sounded so bad ...

ROCKMAN

Date: June 26, 2012 13:36

I´ve been listening this mornin' Blunderbuss and come on! nada of nothing, I don't like it at all, never like Jack White.
As I said, he's very clever, right moment at the right time, Loretta, Wanda, Stones and Shine a Light, that's my impression. He's a good player? I don't discuss that, but how many millions of great guitarist have you listened like him?
As Rockman says Wanda Jackson album flat and with Loretta nothing spectaular as Rip this said.
Alabama Shakes really rock, he tried to convince them, but they don't want it. In fat Patterson Hood from Drive by Truckers convince them and they agreed and lots of people I mean Alabama Shakes fans said better with Hood not White. Have you seen Alabama during this year? They are going up like a rocket!!
Next july in Madrid by the way, I´ll be there.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:13

x

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 21:04 by vudicus.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:27

Here's another Juke Joint artist:>>>:

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 26, 2012 14:37

Both Mick and Keith seem to get along with Jack White on a friendship level which puts Jack in a better position than let say Rick Rubin to work on tracks with the Rolling Stones. Jack is opinionated, he likes new sounds, he loves a challenge, he is a real pro and a hard working musician. White loves the Blues and that is a strong connection with the Rolling Stones. Jack also kicks ass and he won't be afraid of been shown the blade.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home