Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Keith Richards Talks Joint Recordings With Jack White
Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: June 26, 2012 17:53

It's not about Jack White it's about Keith Richards.
He can't stop talking and keep his mouth shut.
When he turned into an attention seeking whore?
It's amazing how Richards can not live without being in headlines. Apparently he realizes that in the post LIFE epoch Jagger bashing is not so profitable for him as it was, so now he is trying to attract attention by constantly throwing out scraps of info about the Stones plans .
It is tiring because, at first, everybody knows that Richards does not decide anything, but the one who actually makes the decisions said nothing so far about any plans - neither the album nor the tour, nor one-off show.
Secondly it is annoying because it is clear that Richards still talks to Mick only through the press - thus he also informes Mick about his ideas and at the same time blackmails him while making his intentions public.
Does Richards have no balls at all to talk to Mick face to face?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:25

proudmary, perhaps if the media stopped talking to Keith then he'd keep his mouth shut? It's not his fault that they want to talk to him. Now, if he was constantly saying stuff on twitter like some celebrities do in order to stay in the news, then that's a different story...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 26, 2012 18:55

proudmary
It's amazing how Richards can not live without being in headlines. Apparently he realizes that in the post LIFE epoch Jagger bashing is not so profitable for him as it was, so now he is trying to attract attention by constantly throwing out scraps of info about the Stones plans .
It is tiring because, at first, everybody knows that Richards does not decide anything, but the one who actually makes the decisions said nothing so far about any plans - neither the album nor the tour, nor one-off show.
Secondly it is annoying because it is clear that Richards still talks to Mick only through the press - thus he also informes Mick about his ideas and at the same time blackmails him while making his intentions public.
If you don't like it.You don't have to read it.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 26, 2012 19:31

rollmops
Both Mick and Keith seem to get along with Jack White on a friendship level which puts Jack in a better position than let say Rick Rubin to work on tracks with the Rolling Stones. Jack is opinionated, he likes new sounds, he loves a challenge, he is a real pro and a hard working musician. White loves the Blues and that is a strong connection with the Rolling Stones. Jack also kicks ass and he won't be afraid of been shown the blade.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

smileys with beer

Date: June 26, 2012 19:32

You are allowed to like Alabama Shakes (though they're a bit retro for me) and Jack White. It's not either/or.

Posted by: SoulPlunderer ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:33

24FPS
You are allowed to like Alabama Shakes (though they're a bit retro for me) and Jack White. It's not either/or.

But if you only like Alabama Shakes you absolutely MUST make up some thing about how they don't like Jack White/don't want to work with him. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: June 26, 2012 20:58

We want Jack White as new producer. No more Don Was

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:01

KRiffhard

was don the problem or something?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:04

StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:32

treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

Boom Boom! Nicely timed, treaclefingers.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:35

treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

I don't think Mick and Keith will get rid of Don Was. Don Was is part of the Stones' gang as long as he behaves accordingly. I don't know what he does specifically( I know he produces their music but it is unclear how much impact his opinion has) but he seems to do it well enough to keep his job.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:49

24FPS
Undercover might be the last A-Plus self-penned tune the Stones created. The album may have been forgettable, but the song itself is slashing, and dark and original. It's a hell of a production.

As for Jack White, I think he would be perfect. He could help create a Stones album that remains 'classic' sounding, while giving it that little twist that moves it into modernity. Which is what he does with his bent Zeppelin riffs. His new album is really good. The problem for me is forcing myself to listen to an actual new album. Albums have been so piss poor for so long that I've grown used to singles and self-made compilations.

Brooke Waggoner is the pianist White uses on his recent (1st) solo album. She would be perfect for the Stones to use.

"She would be perfect for the Stones to use"... Are you kidding? After Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston and (yes, we know that, but he is one of the top pianist) Chuck Leavell, the Stones would use "anybody"? Who is she?

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Date: June 26, 2012 21:53

treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

but i don't think don was was done yet....

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 21:56

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

Was Don Was?

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Date: June 26, 2012 21:59

dandelion1967
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

Was Don Was?

was he what? was he was a bear?

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:08

while you guys (and ladies) fight it out over the Jack White issue I thought this tune would be appropriate to share. It's not really rock and roll but it sure is a powerful and simply turned out piece of music. It has me very happy to have found it today,although I might be high . peace

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 22:10

mmmmh...If in the last New York rehearsals in May there was Don Was again, I think that will be very difficult a "change" for a possible new album...I prefer Jack White, but I think that Don Was is almost "untouchables" according the Stones...What do you think about this?!

Date: June 26, 2012 22:21

I think Don would be ok with JW producing a couple of tunes, he sounds like a very open minded man to me but you are right he is glued somewhat to the Stones, as is Chuck Leavell. peace

Date: June 26, 2012 22:36

Count me all in for a Jack White produced Stones album. Trendy? Probably, but it'll age well. His stuff with the White Stripes will stand up, and the Loretta Lynn album is amazing.

Date: June 26, 2012 22:46

Green Lady
treaclefingers
StonesTod
KRiffhard

don was.

Boom Boom! Nicely timed, treaclefingers.

Thank you Green Lady...the roar from the crowd deafened me momentarily.

Date: June 26, 2012 22:47

dandelion1967
24FPS
Undercover might be the last A-Plus self-penned tune the Stones created. The album may have been forgettable, but the song itself is slashing, and dark and original. It's a hell of a production.

As for Jack White, I think he would be perfect. He could help create a Stones album that remains 'classic' sounding, while giving it that little twist that moves it into modernity. Which is what he does with his bent Zeppelin riffs. His new album is really good. The problem for me is forcing myself to listen to an actual new album. Albums have been so piss poor for so long that I've grown used to singles and self-made compilations.

Brooke Waggoner is the pianist White uses on his recent (1st) solo album. She would be perfect for the Stones to use.

"She would be perfect for the Stones to use"... Are you kidding? After Ian Stewart, Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston and (yes, we know that, but he is one of the top pianist) Chuck Leavell, the Stones would use "anybody"? Who is she?

She's the pianist on this song and on this album. Nothing against Chuck, or Don Was, but the Stones need to shake it up. They've gotten too complacent in their use of musicians. They're never going to sound like they've made a new album if they insist on using the same people they've used since the 80s. What exactly has Daryll Jones added to the Stones studio legacy? What Chuck Leavell contribution stands out like a Hopkins or Preston piece? Every instrument is important on a Stones cut.

Date: June 26, 2012 23:00

24FPS
dandelion1967
24FPS

She's the pianist on this song and on this album. Nothing against Chuck, or Don Was, but the Stones need to shake it up. They've gotten too complacent in their use of musicians. They're never going to sound like they've made a new album if they insist on using the same people they've used since the 80s. What exactly has Daryll Jones added to the Stones studio legacy? What Chuck Leavell contribution stands out like a Hopkins or Preston piece? Every instrument is important on a Stones cut.

Listened to the new album again just on the weekend and I do very much like it as well.

Date: June 27, 2012 01:37

GumbootCloggeroo
proudmary, perhaps if the media stopped talking to Keith then he'd keep his mouth shut? It's not his fault that they want to talk to him. Now, if he was constantly saying stuff on twitter like some celebrities do in order to stay in the news, then that's a different story...

But seriously, he is throwing out nonsense soundbites...he doesn't have to do that. He does it because he is an attention whore. PM has that right.

I wouldn't even care, but he doesn't seem to know what the hell he's talking about. Why doesn't he just answer, "I don't know, please direct all enquiries about the band to Mick"?

Date: June 27, 2012 02:03

24FPS
dandelion1967
24FPS

Leavell has paid his dues just to organize (musically speaking) their large catalog of songs. His playing is damn good too. I think it gets lost somewhat in the huge venues, seeing him up close and personal is really a mind numbing experience. He is fantastic on those keys. Besides, he brought songs like Loving Cup back into the set lists so he's on a like mind with my personal tastes.

As far as the JW pianist, it is my understanding that Jack pulled out standard union musicians from Nashville for the sessions for his blunderbuss record...anyone who was sent by the talent agency got a crack on the record. It's one of the things that made me open my eyes to the guy. If he was willing to take those kind of risks he's likely to get some golden music as a result. Although I don't think she's quite got the right "stuff" to be on a Stones stage but it would be interesting and newsworthy if nothing else. peace

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: June 27, 2012 13:37

Thought the work he did with Tom Jones sounded pretty raw.

Date: June 27, 2012 13:55

proudmary

Do you think Keith called the reporter and said "Look, I got some news about the recordings Jack and I did a couple of years ago"?

Your comments are disrespectful, imo.

Date: June 27, 2012 13:58

treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

But seriously, he is throwing out nonsense soundbites...he doesn't have to do that. He does it because he is an attention whore. PM has that right.

I wouldn't even care, but he doesn't seem to know what the hell he's talking about. Why doesn't he just answer, "I don't know, please direct all enquiries about the band to Mick"?

When asked about the recordings with White (not the band), he shouldn't answer, is that what you mean? I don't get this bashing eye popping smiley

BTW, this is what he answered to the question: "In a recent chat with RS, Richards addressed the possibility of the joint recordings being released one day. "I don't know if [Jack] ever considered that it was actually, like, master cuts," Richards now says. "But at the same time if Jack wanted to do it, I'd probably say, 'Yeah.'"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-27 13:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: June 27, 2012 14:39

Thasks to Leavell we can enjoy gems like back to zero.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 27, 2012 14:40

Any of the music Keith and Jack White have recorded in 2009 has leaked? Do we know what kind of music (rock, blues, country) they played during those sessions?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: June 27, 2012 19:53

DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
GumbootCloggeroo

When asked about the recordings with White (not the band), he shouldn't answer, is that what you mean? I don't get this bashing eye popping smiley

BTW, this is what he answered to the question: "In a recent chat with RS, Richards addressed the possibility of the joint recordings being released one day. "I don't know if [Jack] ever considered that it was actually, like, master cuts," Richards now says. "But at the same time if Jack wanted to do it, I'd probably say, 'Yeah.'"

Well, what I said was when he is throwing around nonsense soundbites...I don't think anyone seriously has a problem with him being interviewed, or discussing actual things, like jamming/recording with Jack White. Just because we're annoyed generally with Keith's clownlike behaviour...don't paint us to be Keith-bashers. Love the guy but he's been an embarrassment for a long time.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home