Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How Ironic !
Posted by: mandrax1972 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 17:10

GUNS 'N' ROSES

I admire their guts. But too much posing. Their look - it's like there's one out of this band, one looks like Jimmy (Page), one looks like Ronnie. Too much copycat, too much posing for me.

- Keith Richards, 1988

Re: How Ironic !
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 7, 2012 17:15

While I don't agree with that statement because I love Guns N Roses, I see where he's coming from. I think it has to do with that time in the 80s and not actually understanding and distinguishing one band from another. I think GNR really broke through the pack, and obviously were nowhere near as influential as the Rolling Stones, but I think they had more of a lasting impact than say bands like Poison. Just my two cents. I think at that time in the 80s, whenever any of the "older, classic rockers" were asked about the new upcoming bands, they all blended together with the hair and the posing, even though there were ones that had distinguishing features. And then obviously its funny that GNR ended up opening for them a year, or a few months, later.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: June 7, 2012 18:06

Can anybody dig out a quote where Keith actually says he likes someone? Excluding his known influences that is.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:52

rebelrebel
Can anybody dig out a quote where Keith actually says he likes someone? Excluding his known influences that is.

But I learned a lot from Mick Taylor, because he is such a beautiful musician. I mean, when he was with us, it was a time when there was probably more distinction, let's say, between rhythm guitar and lead guitar than at any other time in the Stones. More than now and more than when Brian was with us, because Mick Taylor is that kind of a player; you know he can do that.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 7, 2012 20:29

How is this ironic?

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:54

I Think Mr Mandax says its ironic cos now all Keith does is pose. Apologies if i've misunderstood.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:04

Keith likes AC/DC!

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:10

I think it would just be great to see the Stones live on stage again

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mandrax1972 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:27

thank you vertigojoe

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: June 7, 2012 22:37

De Nada!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2049
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home