Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Surprise! It's Keith Who Apparently Wants Mega Tour!
Date: June 6, 2012 04:23

GumbootCloggeroo
And from whom did you hear this rumour? stonescrow?

Bats and crows frighten me. I keep my distance.

Date: June 6, 2012 04:25

Edith Grove
MightyStonesStillRollin50
If this rumor is true, then one would surmise that Keith is in far better shape than many around here think he is in.

...or Keith thinks he's in better shape than he might really be.

Well, one can only hope that: "As a man thinketh, so is he".

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 6, 2012 04:33

they should recreate the Lotus stage and bring the inflatable penis and have One Million Moms protest them.

Date: June 6, 2012 04:44

jamesfdouglas
Mick is pretty much the boss and has final say in everything. So Keith can wish upopn a star all he wants. If Mick Believed that Keith could actually play, none of us would be speculationg anything - the 50th Anni Tour would be happening, period.

Even Muhammad Ali caved in when they offered him 5 million to come out of retirement and fight Larry Holmes. Let's hope the Stones fare better than Ali did.

No doubt the promoters are dangling millions of dollars in front of Mick's nose for something massive. The question is, can the Stones still deliver the goods and do they have the endurance to run one more marathon? Mick has a difficult decision to make. I trust that he will make the right one. He most often does.

Date: June 6, 2012 04:47

buttons67
cant see it happening,

but would be pleasantly surprised if it was.

would love the stones to do something different.

not the same old songs, but fresh setlists, that change dramatically from gig to gig not just by the odd number or 2.

and would love them to play stuff they have never done, theres a challenge.

I like your plan. Write a bunch of new songs, believe in them, and play the hell out of them! Let the chips fall where they may. I think they would be pleasantly surprised. Would take some real guts to take that leap of faith though.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 04:51

Please stop this nonsense posting! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 6, 2012 04:53

The more we talk about concert gross records, beating U2, etc., the less interest I have.

What a wonderful work it would be if we are talking about all the new exciting musical ideas the Stones have come up with the celebrate their legacy.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:03

Fredluvzstones
I'd love to see a Huge Blow the Record to Pieces Tour with them going out on top.
That would make sense as to why there is nothing coming from them in the form of "Sound" Tour news. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Bring it on!!!

Pleased to meet you......
Fred Hardin
SAV/GA

Mick and Keith are a lot more competitive then many believe. They would never admit to it, but I think that if there is any way possible they will send U2 and the pious Bono crashing to the canvas once and for all - set the gross record so high that it will never be broken! I always felt that U2 (out of respect for the Stones) should have stopped short of breaking the Stones record. I mean, some journeyman band (like U2) should have shown more respect for the "Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band In The World"! Don't you think?

Date: June 6, 2012 05:05

dcba
Keith should read T.S. Eliotn who wrote (in 1925!) :

"This is the way the Stones will end
Not with a bang but a whimper"

So I think Jagger has the right view on the next/final tour!

Any Stones concert ever end with a whimper? It's not in their DNA! They are going out with a huge bang! Believe it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 05:12 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:07

swiss
GumbootCloggeroo
And from whom did you hear this rumour? stonescrow?

I almost made this identical post. { --jeeeeesh-- } eye rolling smiley

Suspicious minds, they never rest. Nor are they ever at peace.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 05:11 by MightyStonesStillRollin50.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:14

His Majesty

What? Please explain.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:21

71Tele
The more we talk about concert gross records, beating U2, etc., the less interest I have.

What a wonderful work it would be if we are talking about all the new exciting musical ideas the Stones have come up with the celebrate their legacy.

I would be perfectly satisfied with one last great album and one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman, but I am afraid we are going to get a lot more. I just hope they don't bite off more than they can chew.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:25

treaclefingers
Harm
Unless shows are for free I think the Stones themselves know it's not wise to do a Mega Tour, big stadiums that is. Anyway, june 30th first

Who knows? Maybe they do a few concerts, get their "strut" back, and say, "what the hell"?

I do think if it were ever to get big, it wouldn't start out that way...I think they'd gauge what the reception was, what the band chemistry was, what the health of the members was, and then just keep 'rolling' if it kept making sense and they were having fun.

Yes, this is kind of the way I envision it going down. Let's cross our fingers and hope that they can pull it off if that is the path they ultimately choose to follow. Wouldn't want them to be embarrassed in any way.

Date: June 6, 2012 05:27

detroitken
i think this is misinformation...

In a way I hope you are correct. I am very nervous about them attempting another mega tour. However, if they can pull it off.......

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:30

I would be perfectly satisfied with one last great album and one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman
Thanks for letting us know for the millionth time.

Posted by: nonfilter ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:33

I think the story in the new Rolling Stone magazine tells the same thing, and, honestly, I think Mick wants it too, and I think it will happen. The shroud of secrecy around this band is ridiculously impossible to penetrate. Don't know how they do it. The article says they might just do one show. Then it says maybe residencies. Then it goes on about how a major tour could crush their $550 million Bigger Bang tour. Doesn't mention U2. But they don't print anything that Mick Jagger doesn't proofread do they? Or does he write the articles, interview Keith for a few cool quotes and email it to Jann? It's really sounding like a full scale tour from where I'm sitting.

[www.non-filters.com]

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:38

"Keith to play Kumeu Folk Festival in tribute to his surgeon"

Keith Richards has annouced an appearance at the World Famous "Kumeu Folk and Blues Festival", He will be playing a selection of deep cuts, inspirational covers and conducting a masterclass workshop. Keith has decided a low key tribute to his surgeon who successfully operated on him in 2007 is appropriate given their shared love of old blues and his surgeons patronage of the Folk and Blues Club

it's a rumour I heard from a source, (me actually, I'm making it up like the rest of the kerfuffle this guy write's here)

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: June 6, 2012 05:39

Surprise,we don't care.eye rolling smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: June 6, 2012 06:02

GumbootCloggeroo
I would be perfectly satisfied with one last great album and one last live performance with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman

Under the millioninth name...

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: June 6, 2012 06:08

Fredluvzstones
I'd love to see a Huge Blow the Record to Pieces Tour with them going out on top.
That would make sense as to why there is nothing coming from them in the form of "Sound" Tour news. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
Bring it on!!!

Fred Hardin
SAV/GA

Mick and Keith are a lot more competitive then many believe. They would never admit to it, but I think that if there is any way possible they will send U2 and the pious Bono crashing to the canvas once and for all - set the gross record so high that it will never be broken! I always felt that U2 (out of respect for the Stones) should have stopped short of breaking the Stones record. I mean, some journeyman band (like U2) should have shown more respect for the "Greatest Rock 'N' Roll Band In The World"! Don't you think?

I Won't get into the Bono/U2 debate but aside from anyone's opinion on U2, I don't see how any band that has worked their asses off over the decades would not want the title of the Highest Grossing Touring act. Regrdless of respect for who held it prior to them. Records are made to be broken!
I have been hoping that the Stones would come back and set the bar so high with one last tour to end all tours that it might possibly never get broken but the years keep rolling on by and still no solid word from them to make me think it is even a remote possibility of happening.

Pleased to meet you........
Fred Hardin

Date: June 6, 2012 06:32

Fredluvzstones
Fredluvzstones
Bring it on!!!

Fred Hardin
SAV/GA

I Won't get into the Bono/U2 debate but aside from anyone's opinion on U2, I don't see how any band that has worked their asses off over the decades would not want the title of the Highest Grossing Touring act. Regrdless of respect for who held it prior to them. Records are made to be broken!
I have been hoping that the Stones would come back and set the bar so high with one last tour to end all tours that it might possibly never get broken but the years keep rolling on by and still no solid word from them to make me think it is even a remote possibility of happening.

Pleased to meet you........
Fred Hardin

Hey whatever yer name is, what you said is why you'll never be a manager for a rock band. It's not about respect when it's about paying for big stages and sound systems and people's livelihoods. It is, in the end, all about making a ton of money when it's on that scale. U2 blew the Stones' record out of the water. There is no 'conceding the title' or any of that bloated fanboy ego whining you're on about. It's a free market.

Gazza posted something about this recently that made all the sense in the world. It's a record that probably will never be broken, espeically when you consider how many shows U2 played and at what shows (for example, show 73) the attendance and the financial aspects of U2's tour broke A Bigger Bang's record.

The Stones could have made more money on the Bang tour but they overstayed and overplayed their welcome and reduced their 'demand'. U2 actually underplayed. They could've easily played 20 or 30 more shows...

Date: June 6, 2012 10:46

The Stones would be better off not to do a god damn thing! Hold a press conference where Mick could say, "for those who took the piss .."

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: June 6, 2012 11:35

A stadium tour would mean little or no difficulty getting tickets, I like that. On the other hand it would be great if they did some special small gigs. Preferably where fans could get tickets fairly easy. I believe they could break all existing tour records. Someone said this tour would be a "homerun" if it goes as planned.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: June 6, 2012 14:26

I think Mick Jagger proved is ability on stage recently at the smaller venues like the White House and SNL. Though this has nothing to do with a tour he knows exactly what the audience expects and what he is able to give as an entertainer close to 69.
On the other hand comes dreaming Keith, who is ready to rock, but not ready to roll as long as heath issue is the main topic.
Ronnie is ready for any fun on earth and he would be able to cope with big and small venues.
Just as Charlie sees the Rolling Stones as his payroll and sits behind the drums as long as he has fun. Still I doubt that he would favour a big tour.

Even if I would love to see them again, I' rather suggest to call it quits and not force themselves in a tour which fades their stardom into stardus.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 6, 2012 14:44

His Majesty

What? Please explain.

What's to explain? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 19:02

The size of venue they play will be dictated by the number of people who want to see them.

If, say, 5 million people will attend then they have the option of playing:

2,500 theatre shows;
500+ arena show; or
100 stadium shows.

The other option is to limit the number of shows and capacity and make it almost impossible to see them. There's many people would be disappointed by that option. For example a month at O2 or MSG would limit the audience to 600,000. Not a bad number for UK audience but if that's all they did worldwide then it simply wouldn't satisfy demand.

I'd prefer to see them at a stadium than not at all. In fact, I'm totally up for an all stadium tour! As long as we get to party to some great music...

Date: June 6, 2012 19:54

jamesfdouglas
Look at the starter of the thread. It's thewatchman.

I think it's thebatman!

Date: June 6, 2012 20:02

alimente
Good old Keith! Time for a reality check.

Oh, let the old man dream, for crying out loud.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 6, 2012 20:05

alimente
Good old Keith! Time for a reality check.

Oh, let the old man dream, for crying out loud.

It's just you making crap up.

Date: June 6, 2012 20:06

GumbootCloggeroo

Thanks for caring, for the millionth time.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2010
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home