Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: June 13, 2012 15:54

wow, this thread has totally died. I guess we exhausted the conversation and now just waiting...

Maybe the book release pushed this one back a few weeks?

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: June 13, 2012 16:09

MrMonte
wow, this thread has totally died. I guess we exhausted the conversation and now just waiting...

Maybe the book release pushed this one back a few weeks?

Is there a conversation we haven't exhausted on iorr?

Date: June 13, 2012 16:31

I feel like we still haven't gotten to the root of why Charlie is such a great drummer for this particular band - though certainly it's been discussed.

I think we need more discussion about lots of other topics too, such as:

Are the stones worthless after 1989? Has "Vegas" become the new "V-Word?"

Can Keith Richards still play guitar? Hell, can he pick one up without the 'ritis settin in?

Is Ronnie Wood any good or was it a mistake to make him a full member of the band back in 1992 or whatever?

Is it Mick? Is it Keith? No, really?

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 13, 2012 21:13

Waiting sux.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 14, 2012 15:17

speculation on my side too. this is just an opinion but I guess that since the boot is not released yet (however june 14..) they could prepare a kind of july 62-12 anniversary bootlegs set with several things (concerts but something else too ?).

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 14, 2012 16:51

toomuchforme
speculation on my side too. this is just an opinion but I guess that since the boot is not released yet (however june 14..) they could prepare a kind of july 62-12 anniversary bootlegs set with several things (concerts but something else too ?).

Yes, something special would be nice. I would not mind a box set with stray tracks like a live "Roll Over Beethoven" from 1970 in perfect stereo for example.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 14, 2012 18:04

This is the longest speculation thread of all time. I love it! Did anyone ever come back with an ETA? Seems like its been a long time.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 14, 2012 18:50

flacnvinyl
This is the longest speculation thread of all time. I love it! Did anyone ever come back with an ETA? Seems like its been a long time.

I heard that Bob Clearmountain hired a time machine to record their first gig on 7/12/1962 in perfect soundboard quality ... this will be the next official boot.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 14, 2012 18:52

deeppurple
More Hot Rocks mentioned the '99 tour.A tour that was IMO one of there best. A great stage. A set-list that was near perfect. Plus, fantastic playing from them. I do wish they would release a live album or a DVD. It has been sadly over-looked. When I went I was expecting a carry over of the '97-'98 tour. I was shocked and pleased. The footage of them walking to the stage was timeless. JJF as the opener. Moonlight Mile and You got the Silver. I do hope this Boot series carries one show from that tour!

I believe the last few shows were filmed. I agree that this tour has been overlooked. IMO the best tour ever. Like you said great setlist. And it wasn't a carry over from B2B. Yes the black and white footage still gives me chills.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 14, 2012 19:13

RobertJohnson
flacnvinyl

I heard that Bob Clearmountain hired a time machine to record their first gig on 7/12/1962 in perfect soundboard quality ... this will be the next official boot.

Insiders report from the 1962 gig rehearsals that the Stones now work even harder in rehearsals to get rid of all the rough edges after being made aware how important this gig really is/was as a milestone in not only their, but music history in general.

Clearmountain begged them to stay true to the original setlist though, and declined to play those 1962 Stones any future live tapes and songs.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2012 05:46

I checked the past thread and it appears that we got announcement of the LA Friday boot on April 2. I don't remember if there was ever a set timetable, like every two months until the original 6 were exhausted. So....do you think they've decided to closer sync up the next release with the 'original' 50th, which is now less than a month away?

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 16, 2012 06:00

More Hot Rocks
Yes the black and white footage still gives me chills.

Same here. Does anyone know where to find that footage. Seems like it was posted here at one time. I wouldn't even know what to search for to find it.

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 16, 2012 06:02

Nevermind.

Found it:

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:48

yeah
the No security opener is one f... deal allright.
It was great, and still is !!!
jeroen

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 16, 2012 09:18

That opening still gives me chills. The last great tour.

Date: June 16, 2012 14:19

Yeah, I loved that tour. It always seemed to me that it was tacked on after B2B just because they wanted to keep playing, with the tie-in to the live album just an excuse to do it.

Links to favorite boots would be appreciated - would like to track some down. I hear San Jose is a particular favorite...I saw them in DC and loved it when KR sat down to do You've Got The Silver...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:16

MrMonte
Yeah, I loved that tour. It always seemed to me that it was tacked on after B2B just because they wanted to keep playing, with the tie-in to the live album just an excuse to do it.

Links to favorite boots would be appreciated - would like to track some down. I hear San Jose is a particular favorite...I saw them in DC and loved it when KR sat down to do You've Got The Silver...

sj1 was better than sj2. but they were starting to run on fumes by the end of the tour....

there's a philly line recording that is to be avoided...kr virtually absent in the mix. the best recording of the tour (albeit from the followup european run, which technically was the delayed extension of the b2b tour) comes from stuttgart...track that one down and you'll be a satisfied customer...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 16, 2012 15:25

StonesTod
stuttgart...

[rs-covers.com]

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: June 16, 2012 15:28

Rolling Hansie
StonesTod
stuttgart...

[rs-covers.com]

wide stereo separation of the guitars, too...an odd recording for an aud recording

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:13

Most of the UK shows are available as excellent audience

Edinburgh
Sheffield
London (1st night .I thought it was sdb. )

Stuttgart is really good.

A lot of really good stadium recordings from this tour. I think the PA system/ mix was the best ever.

sc uk

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:49

Didn't someone (Doxa?) say that all concerts since 89 was just one big, bad tour of always the same?! So how's this 99 resurrection in that picture?

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: June 16, 2012 16:58

THe 99 tour was indeed the best since 78 in my opinion. Stripped down and rockin'. My brother and I were fortunate to get front row of the "Keith" side lower balcony in OKC. It turned out we were directly across from the B stage and with us being elevated and the stage elevated we were 20 or so feet from Keith with no blocking of view. We could see him and he us! "Route 66, Get Off My Cloud and Midnight Rambler" was a killer mini-set! And Mick did NOT slip in his usual "Oklahoma City is oh so shitty" on THAT version. haha

Date: June 16, 2012 17:08

As far as an Archive release goes, I think 99 would be top of the list of post 82 tours.

sc uk

Date: June 16, 2012 17:29

CousinC
Didn't someone (Doxa?) say that all concerts since 89 was just one big, bad tour of always the same?! So how's this 99 resurrection in that picture?

i'm sure doxa could explain that in no less than 10,000 words....or something.

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: June 16, 2012 18:29

Was the '99 tour due to not being able to play the UK due to Taxes? What started as a few gigs became a world tour. Let's hope someone in the Stones camp is reading this!. A Boot of that tour would be well received!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 16, 2012 19:46

MrMonte

They had already committed as far back as June 1998 to playing their postponed UK shows in June 1999.

So, there was no way they were going to regroup after the BTB tour ended in September 1998 JUST to play four concerts.

It was probably in the works before the UK shows were postponed, because their final US show of the tour in Chicago (23rd April 1998) saw them charge something like $300, $200 and $100 for tickets - even though the standard ticket price on that tour was around $65. They'd tried something similar for arena sized shows in Vegas (as far back as 1994, I think) and the Jan 1998 shows at Madison Square Garden, but this 'experiment' was clearly to test the water for a pricing structure for a future tour.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 16, 2012 20:56

StonesTod
CousinC

whenever I feel the need to read an essay on a stones related topic I turn to one of doxa´s posts...

Date: June 16, 2012 20:58

It was the start of the sky high pricing sad smiley

sc uk

Date: June 16, 2012 21:02

shortfatfanny
StonesTod
CousinC

whenever I feel the need to read an essay on a stones related topic I turn to one of doxa´s posts...

whenever i feel the need to, i resist and put on some bach....either approach works, i'm sure, though...

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 17, 2012 17:49

Something will happen this week ...

cool smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 14 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1803
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home