Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16
Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 15:55

His Majesty
falo01
wow this is definetly the BS thread of the century !

Especially if it ends up being a different gig from a different era. grinning smiley

LOL

Re: Toronto 2005, Light the Fuse...Is this the new release from the Bootleg series?
Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 15:57

Munichhilton
falo01
wow this is definetly the BS thread of the century !

Trust me falo, there have been better Brown Sugar threads.
This one for instance makes zero sense speculatively.

very diplomatic from you to call it Brown sugar, lol.

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 16:00

kindergarden talk

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: June 6, 2012 16:57

Remember when that radio station promoted a live broadcast of this show, only to attempt to fake it by by playing the bootleg of the Palais Royale show from the Licks tour? I was SO pissed! I guess they thought that was funny. That surely would have lead to a high quality broadcast bootleg of the show had it not been bogus.

I don't remember the station (obviously a Toronto station), but I hope that was the last time that all of the Stones fans in that market tuned in to that station!

Finally, we will get that high-quality boot!

Ross

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 6, 2012 18:24

Ross

High-quality, yes, but it's not a boot anymore because it's official, and that pisses me off no end.

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: June 6, 2012 18:38

alimente
Ross

High-quality, yes, but it's not a boot anymore because it's official, and that pisses me off no end.

Just out of curiosity, why would that piss you off? I am personally excited about getting a high-quality official release.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 6, 2012 18:55

theimposter
alimente
Ross

Just out of curiosity, why would that piss you off? I am personally excited about getting a high-quality official release.

Just a joke, Imposter, just a joke! I just wanted to add some irrational spice to the sometimes all-too-serious discussion here.

I for one am glad that they open their vaults, although the "true gems" are obviously saved for later.

But, thinking about it, it can be discussed if this whole "official bootlegging" in general (also by other artists) is a bit of a misleading marketing tag.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-06-06 18:56 by alimente.

Date: June 6, 2012 19:07

alimente
theimposter
alimente
Ross

Just a joke, Imposter, just a joke! I just wanted to add some irrational spice to the sometimes all-too-serious discussion here.

I for one am glad that they open their vaults, although the "true gems" are obviously saved for later.

But, thinking about it, it can be discussed if this whole "official bootlegging"
in general (also by other artists) is a bit of a misleading marketing tag.

Ahh gotcha - I haven't slept so sarcasm is overmy head today. And yes, this discussion has gotten far too serious in places. I have never heard so many people get so upset over a $5.99 "bootleg" (which we still don't know if officially the next release anyway).

I say if ya don't like it, chill out, one that you are interested in will surely come along afterward. That's keeping in account we've already received 3 gems, 4 if you count SG Ft. Worth.

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: June 6, 2012 19:22

absolutely I count Fort Worth.

And don't forget the newly released songs on Get Your Ya-Yas out...

Seriously, it's a lot.

I personally am pretty excited about the new release. I think it sounds great. I love going to Stones shows!

It's interesting how this thread evolved, isn't it? To me, it's more great Stones music for under five bucks, how can you go wrong?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: June 6, 2012 19:35

alimente
But, thinking about it, it can be discussed if this whole "official bootlegging" in general (also by other artists) is a bit of a misleading marketing tag.

I think the only way it's "misleading" is if you're hoping for an audience recording or an amateur (I don't mean that in a derogatory way, just meaning not by a hired pro) mix.

Many bands have released "bootlegs" over the years, the earliest example I can think of is Aerosmith's "Live! Bootleg" album. While they aren't truly bootlegs as they are being officially released by the band, I wouldn't think it should matter unless somebody only wants it because they're not supposed to have it. It only takes 2 minutes of Google research to find out whether what you're buying is truly a bootleg or an official release that's being called a bootleg.

I've always found it strange that bands release their own stuff and call it a bootleg, I guess it is a marketing gimmick, but whatever they call it, I wish more bands would do it. As a Pearl Jam fan I love the fact that I can go see them and have a professionally mixed copy of the show shortly after. It's the best concert souvenir you can have.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: June 7, 2012 11:48

I have to agree with those who are saying there's way too much negativity on this board. Perhaps we can all agree that the Stone hit a creative peak with the Big Four and their free-form "jamming" tours of @ '69 - '81. But just because an artist reaches a peak, that doesn't mean that everything that follows is garbage. I think the Stones have given us loads of great music post-golden era. Perhaps the tours of '89 on have not been as full of surprises as earlier tours, but those who say that every performance of every song sounds exactly the same on every tour from '89 - ABB need to have their ears checked. Personally, I can usually hear a boot of JJF or other warhorses and be able to tell which tour it's from. Contrary to statements of the "Vegas Era Bashers," I find the the Steel Wheels, VL, B2B, NS, Licks and ABB tours each had their own unique vibe and sound and the performances are definitely not carbon copies of the Steel Wheels arrangements. C'mon people. This is The Rolling Stones - a band that's given us decades of pleasure and great music. We should be celebrating them. I've read enough of "Ronnie really blew this solo, Keith can't even walk without Patti holding him up," etc, ad naseum. People are free to speak their minds but I think the bashing has skewed this board into a place that's not as much fun as it should be.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: June 7, 2012 12:53

stonesdan60
I have to agree with those who are saying there's way too much negativity on this board. Perhaps we can all agree that the Stone hit a creative peak with the Big Four and their free-form "jamming" tours of @ '69 - '81. But just because an artist reaches a peak, that doesn't mean that everything that follows is garbage. I think the Stones have given us loads of great music post-golden era. Perhaps the tours of '89 on have not been as full of surprises as earlier tours, but those who say that every performance of every song sounds exactly the same on every tour from '89 - ABB need to have their ears checked. Personally, I can usually hear a boot of JJF or other warhorses and be able to tell which tour it's from. Contrary to statements of the "Vegas Era Bashers," I find the the Steel Wheels, VL, B2B, NS, Licks and ABB tours each had their own unique vibe and sound and the performances are definitely not carbon copies of the Steel Wheels arrangements. C'mon people. This is The Rolling Stones - a band that's given us decades of pleasure and great music. We should be celebrating them. I've read enough of "Ronnie really blew this solo, Keith can't even walk without Patti holding him up," etc, ad naseum. People are free to speak their minds but I think the bashing has skewed this board into a place that's not as much fun as it should be.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up
smileys with beer

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: June 7, 2012 14:00

Stonesdan as usual you're spot on! Hands down, you're 100% right.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: June 7, 2012 14:17

Christ, when are they going to click the 'release' button?

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: June 7, 2012 14:30

stonesdan60

I'm not into smileys, but this post surely deserves a thumb up!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: June 7, 2012 15:36

stonesdan60

Well said. thumbs up

Now when do they release the new bootleg??

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: June 7, 2012 15:44

the schedule : june, september, november or early december. What about "lots of surprises" Mj talked about ?? july ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: June 7, 2012 15:58

I completely agree. I like the way you put it.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 7, 2012 16:43

Why do everyone keep saying it will cost 5 dollars? It will cost 7 dollars for the lossy mp3 version which the USA costumers can buy, and 9 dollars for those outside USA who prefers Flac-quality files.

Date: June 7, 2012 17:34

TheBlockbuster
Why do everyone keep saying it will cost 5 dollars? It will cost 7 dollars for the lossy mp3 version which the USA costumers can buy, and 9 dollars for those outside USA who prefers Flac-quality files.

confused smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 17:36

Thank you stonesdan. Good post

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 7, 2012 17:37

LOL Highwire C

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:11

stonesdan60
only difference with all the vegas jjf is where in the set it is played. if they play it in the beginning instead of the end, you don't get the cheesy horn section and you don't see (but you still hear) the three stooges singing back-up. you always get the same phrasing from mick. you always get the same tired riff from woody throughout the song. the only other difference is the song lasts longer when it's played at the end. this is basically true for all the other war-horses, you've heard one vegas version, you've heard them all... big reason why people have come to hate the war horses.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:32

Slick
stonesdan60
only difference with all the vegas jjf is where in the set it is played. if they play it in the beginning instead of the end, you don't get the cheesy horn section and you don't see (but you still hear) the three stooges singing back-up. you always get the same phrasing from mick. you always get the same tired riff from woody throughout the song. the only other difference is the song lasts longer when it's played at the end. this is basically true for all the other war-horses, you've heard one vegas version, you've heard them all... big reason why people have come to hate the war horses.

thumbs up

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:32

The greatest thing about this thread is if it's all been a hoax, and 2005 is not the release at all. It's already degenerated into numerous potshots at the band, Mick can't sing, Keith can't play, Ronnie's irrelevant, Daryll is a disappointment, blah, blah, blah. This is who we got. This is who will show up in a stadium at some point. Don't want to see them? Stay home. You're bitchfest isn't going to make the band sound better.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: June 7, 2012 19:41

This UPDATE just in ...

The latest release has not been announced yet.
More info to come....

Date: June 7, 2012 20:08

Slick
stonesdan60

What are you crying for?
A Time Machine to beam you back?

Here it comes ...:

SAL

Only a few flashes, not only for you.

And which old wine is the best vintage?

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 7, 2012 20:16

HighwireC
Slick
stonesdan60

What are you crying for?
A Time Machine to beam you back?

Here it comes ...:

SAL

Only a few flashes, not only for you.

And which old wine is the best vintage?

The 1998 version is by far the best one, more groove and a little bit slower.

Date: June 7, 2012 20:24

I always dug the 98 version a lot. Love the the heavy sound of the St. Louis 87 version.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 7, 2012 21:30

TheBlockbuster

Um, you know that on the internet.....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516Next
Current Page: 11 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1751
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home