Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Jagger Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck on SNL May 19, 2012
Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: May 13, 2012 06:53

I am watching Saturday Night Live right now and it was just announced that Mick, Jagger Foo fighters and Jeff Beck will all be on next Saturday may 19 2012.

Mick got top billing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-13 06:54 by deadegad.

Re: Mick Jagger Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck on SNL May 192012
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 13, 2012 06:55

Jeff Beck? Nap time already?

Re: Mick Jagger Foo Fighters and Jeff Beck on SNL May 19, 2012
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 13, 2012 07:08

I guess Beck didn't ask for too much money this time. Still totally lame that it's not the Stones. Ridiculous way for a band as great as the Stones and one of the very few who can celebrate a 50th annivesary to do so. Going out with a with a Bigger whimper than a Bang!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 13, 2012 07:14

I'm watching Lakers / Denver game 7 - no Stones annoucements yet.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: May 13, 2012 07:59

Jimmy Rip musta been tied up.

I'm sorry Mick, but this is sounding pretty lame.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 13, 2012 14:31

+1 thumbs down

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 13, 2012 14:43

sweetcharmedlife
I guess Beck didn't ask for too much money this time. Still totally lame that it's not the Stones. Ridiculous way for a band as great as the Stones and one of the very few who can celebrate a 50th annivesary to do so. Going out with a with a Bigger whimper than a Bang!
If Keith can't play!!
What's then the purpose of gathering Stones on national TV?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 13, 2012 15:13

SAD SAD SAD.

sc uk

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: May 13, 2012 15:32

Very disappointing. When I saw Jeff Beck's name announced during last night's show, my heart sank.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 13, 2012 17:03

The foo fighter don't have anyone that can play lead guitar. Maybe that's why. In fact they don't have anyone that can play guitar at all.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: May 13, 2012 17:30

Arcade Fire was mentioned in the promo, also.

From the Foo Fighter's website: "Foo Fighters will perform on the Season Finale of Saturday Night Live. May 19th, with host Mick Jagger! MICK JAGGER !!!! For more info on the best Saturday Night EVER..."

Here's a clip of the Foo Fighters drummer and lead guitarist rocking "Stay With Me". It seems to contradict the "FF don't have anyone that can play guitar" sentiment around here.

Now you can all go back to being old and set in your ways.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-13 17:41 by vermontoffender.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 13, 2012 17:34

Yawn.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 13, 2012 18:07

yeah well................
jeroen

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:11

This entire lineup mix for SNL seems weird, strange and counterintuitive.

Also the R&R Hall of Fame Awards show gave me the Heeby Jeebys when the Faces played w/o Rod Stewart & Guins & Roses w/o Axl Rose and e original rythm guitarist (can't remember his name).

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:32

Maybe a surprise appearance by the Stones
Dont think so
jeroen

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 13, 2012 20:51

If Beck is there, Keith won't be. Case closed. Done deal.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: May 13, 2012 21:02

I'll see it for Beck. The man has enjoyed a long overdue creative renaissance ...
going on, what, nearly 15 years now. GREAT LPs ... if you don't have "Emotion
Commotion", you should kill yourself for not bothering. It's that good.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 13, 2012 22:11

There is something strange going on here...

Stones and Mick Taylor all in NYC. MT on Jimmy Fallon (NBC show this week), just as MJ is announced as host and music for SNL.

Amidst all the speculation that the Stones will appear/announce tour, they announce two music guests to presumably back MJ, Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire, THEN additionally announce Jeff Beck.

What the hell is going on?!

I don't want to get all hyperbolic here (but I will), but I think we're either going to get the biggest mindfvck in the history of SNL with the Stones actually appearing in some fantastic way/announcing tour with Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire as their opening act for dates of the tour OR, this is very bad news indeed for what is going on in Stonesville, and we might not see much else because of Keith's health.

Maybe the mighty Keithy has struck out?

Date: May 13, 2012 22:16

Chris Fountain

Also the R&R Hall of Fame Awards show gave me the Heeby Jeebys when the Faces played w/o Rod Stewart & Guins & Roses w/o Axl Rose and e original rythm guitarist (can't remember his name).

it was izzy stradlin but his replacement from 1991-1995 gilby clarke was up there with GNR. izzy hates flying and tours around in a camper now. him and axl are longtime friends which is probably why neither showed

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 13, 2012 22:54

keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

it was izzy stradlin but his replacement from 1991-1995 gilby clarke was up there with GNR. izzy hates flying and tours around in a camper now. him and axl are longtime friends which is probably why neither showed

Yeah- thanks- he actually played with the Stones in Atlantic City on the BtoB Tour?? Can't remember the year.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: May 13, 2012 23:18

I guarantee you that it was Jagger who picked Jeff Beck to be there and not Keith.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 13, 2012 23:22

I can't wait for all this to be over.

Date: May 14, 2012 02:53

stop wetting your pants people. it is what it is

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: May 14, 2012 03:22

Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

Yeah- thanks- he actually played with the Stones in Atlantic City on the BtoB Tour?? Can't remember the year.

It was Steel Wheels tour in '89. Other guests include Bo Diddly and Eric Clapton. (Clapton joined them for perhaps the best version of Rooster ever) Also was some 3D segments if you got your glasses at 7 Eleven.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: May 14, 2012 03:55

jazzbass
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

It was Steel Wheels tour in '89. Other guests include Bo Diddly and Eric Clapton. (Clapton joined them for perhaps the best version of Rooster ever) Also was some 3D segments if you got your glasses at 7 Eleven.

It was John Lee Hooker, not Bo Diddley.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 14, 2012 06:37

jazzbass
Chris Fountain
keefriffhard4life
Chris Fountain

I think I still have 2 or 3 pair of those somewhere...

Date: May 14, 2012 06:45

mitchflorida1
I guarantee you that it was Jagger who picked Jeff Beck to be there and not Keith.

Absolutely.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: May 14, 2012 16:59

spsimmons
Very disappointing. When I saw Jeff Beck's name announced during last night's show, my heart sank.

Why?! Jeff is an amazing guitarist, always exciting to listen to and watch. The Foo Fighters on the other hand... they couldn't find a tune if Brian Wilson and Paul McCartney were to set it on a silver platter before them.

Date: May 14, 2012 17:02

Why so many threads about this?

Posted by: MickRichards ()
Date: May 14, 2012 17:19

DandelionPowderman
Why so many threads about this?
Hang around there will be more.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home