Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Loving Cup - Phish
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 10, 2012 23:46

Gotta be the best cover of this...Phish true genius

Re: Loving Cup - Phish
Posted by: msw2525 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 00:15

Their cover of all of Exile on halloween a few years ago is outstanding. Ive seem them a few times and am going again this summer. Great band to see live for sure.

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 11, 2012 00:23

Pure crap IMHO

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: May 11, 2012 00:58

amazing version.
you can't call it crap without saying why - at least!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 02:53

What never has clicked for me and Phish are the vocals. They are just not that great. Musician wise they are capable, but they need a strong vocalist, but they aren't half bad on this one! Not bad at all. Pretty cool version.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 11, 2012 10:54

Vocalion
Pure crap IMHO

Well, nothing like telling it as it is, in your opinion obviously! Phish are a extremely talented bunch who fall into the 'jam band' genre..what makes them that little bit special is their ability to play just about anything and vary their set lists as much as the Dead did. Admittedly as someone points out their only weakness is that none of them are fantastic vocalists, but don't be fooled, they can sing...check out their acapello version of Freebird on YouTube. They have the guts to take on any thing and more than often make it work. I've never seen them live but people who experienc e their shows are usually blown away. I have the whole Halloween Exile show and apart from Happy and Tumbling Dice they nail it. Good to see at least a few fellow Phish fans lurking in here!

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 11, 2012 11:01

Amused
amazing version.
you can't call it crap without saying why - at least!

I like Phish, but this version sounds dead and without a soul to me.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 11, 2012 11:12

msw2525
Their cover of all of Exile on halloween a few years ago is outstanding. Ive seem them a few times and am going again this summer. Great band to see live for sure.

Love their Halloween shows, it's the only shows of theirs I buy. I like the idea of them covering an entire album by another band for Halloween. I particularly liked the Talking Heads "Remain In Light" set. The "White Album" set was pretty good too.

Date: May 11, 2012 11:44

crumbling_mice

Not bad at all, but he does indeed play a bad guitar - playing Keith's rhythm reversed here. It makes the piano take all the load, and the sound becomes a bit light weight because of that, imo.

Date: May 11, 2012 13:00

Every time I hear a cover I stand by Stones are really great and unreacheable.

Very good musicians play their songs but they sound as midgets musically.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 11, 2012 13:17

always a fun band to see and they honour the Stones legacy.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: May 11, 2012 21:48

ed

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 09:16 by SecondSet.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: May 12, 2012 23:17

Thans for posting. They sound better performing it with only one guitar than what the Stones would have at this point.

Great song, great cover.

Date: May 13, 2012 01:03

SecondSet
DandelionPowderman
crumbling_mice

Not bad at all, but he does indeed play a bad guitar - playing Keith's rhythm reversed here. It makes the piano take all the load, and the sound becomes a bit light weight because of that, imo.

Please. Let's hear Keef or anyone else in the Stones hold a candle to playing like this -

The piano is taking the load, because a single guitar player is trying to fill in for two of them.

I didn´t know Taylor played on Loving Cup, it´s all Keith, isn´t it?

I wasn´t talking about the guitarist´s abilities, but he got the rhythm the wrong way around, like most guitar players do when they try to cover the Stones.

Rhythmwise, most of them can´t hold a candle to Keith...

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: May 13, 2012 02:27

Not perfect.............. but I think Phish did a great job on EOMS

Posted by: rattler2004 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 00:50

Great song...always was my favorite form Exile, cover, not so great.

the shoot 'em dead, brainbell jangler!

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: May 19, 2012 16:27

msw2525

i listened to it a few times it is very nice , a few unexpected extended songs great !
one thing though : the songs have lost ALL stonesy feel to them.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: May 19, 2012 18:36

Okay. I hate the Dead so I was expecting to hate this. They are much better musicians and vocalists than the Dead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1961
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home