Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Mick Taylor on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon 5/9
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: May 4, 2012 02:26

This site usually has it right in terms of upcoming guests for all late night shows. I guess he's there to promote his shows at Iridium...

[www.interbridge.com]

Re: Mick Taylor on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon 5/9
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 4, 2012 02:29

It gets more and more interesting...

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: May 4, 2012 02:30

He's going solo!eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: May 4, 2012 02:32

Oh yes it does.

I forgot to include that Fallon's studios is in the 30 Rockefeller buildling...the very same building they shoot Saturday Night Live. TMick Jagger may or may not be there at the same time (they usually start rehearsals for the broadcast, the week of) so they are both off by a week but still...should be noted!

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:10

Can't wait!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 4, 2012 03:58

He's going to publicly immolate himself as penance for his stupidity in quitting the Stones.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: May 4, 2012 04:09

..maybe Mick will invite Mick and they can finally do Sway justice.

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: May 4, 2012 05:41

Rip This
..maybe Mick will invite Mick and they can finally do Sway justice.
someone tell MT to read this thread

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 07:17

Send It To me
He's going to publicly immolate himself as penance for his stupidity in quitting the Stones.
Do you really think he was stupid to leave the Stones or are you having a joke? That aside, I'd love to see the show!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2012 07:24

OK, this is getting frothy! Set the DVR!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 4, 2012 08:04

Great...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: May 4, 2012 08:30

Stones62
Send It To me
Do you really think he was stupid to leave the Stones or are you having a joke? That aside, I'd love to see the show!

its only a stupid decision if you dislike making hundreds of millions of dollars, playing on the greatest stages of the world, and having millions of people listen to your work instead of dozens.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2012 09:53

Send It To me
Stones62
Send It To me

its only a stupid decision if you dislike making hundreds of millions of dollars, playing on the greatest stages of the world, and having millions of people listen to your work instead of dozens.

But as absurd it might sound, there are actually people on this earth who think that being a pop star (and having an incredible income with that) is not the coolest thing to do. Especially if one has strong individual artistic ambitions. Or then taking totally pragmatic attitude, zero artistic interest, a'la Charlie Watts, and laugh all the way to bank. But even then, one might get finally bored (read Bill Wyman).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 09:56 by Doxa.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 10:17

Interesting to ponder who will be working together and on what. Hope Fallon doesn't do the typical Mick-Taylor-interview-as-threnody to a lost career.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: May 4, 2012 14:40

I suspect this is simply to bring Mick Taylor back into the public eye so, when he is introduced as part of whatever the Stones are going to do for their 50th, more people will have some idea of who he is. Lorne Michaels is affiliated with Fallon's show and SNL and both are filmed in 30 Rock. Perhaps Lorne is going to be somehow involved in the filming/staging of whatever shows they end up doing (as has been suggested in other threads).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 4, 2012 16:03

Send It To me
Stones62
Send It To me

I recall reading this, so I don't claim it to be true, but I think one of MT's points was he NEEDED to get out of there, if only to not end up as a statistic.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 19:02

We know Fallon is a Stones fan, but how he is going to present Mick Taylor to his general tv audience?
This is strange.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2012 19:29

stupidguy2
We know Fallon is a Stones fan, but how he is going to present Mick Taylor to his general tv audience?

"Take a look at this guy, people. Not that he plays the guitar like an angel, this man had the balls to quit the Rolling Stones after spending five years during their most profilic time, covering pretty much what the experts call their 'golden era'. Yeah, he played on "Honky Tonk Women" , "Brown Sugar" and "Angie", and on albums like STICKY FINGERS and EXILE ON MAIN STREET, and was very much contributing on that the Stones were to be called the 'greatest rock and roll band in the world'. You don't see guys like that every day, now do you? Give him a big hand!"

Will something like that do?tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 4, 2012 19:40

HOT DAMN! Stones world heatin' up!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 4, 2012 20:29

Please, can someone record the transmission and post it here?! It would be great!
Thanks in advance!

Date: May 4, 2012 20:35

NBC is ridiculously anal about posting videos on YouTube so unless someone does tape it, you should post it on YouTube as a PRIVATE link so only people who have the direct link would have access to it.

Otherwise, we can find the segment on the official Fallon site where they post their full episodes each night--but I'm not sure if it's viewable from outside the US.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-05-04 20:35 by Justin.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: May 4, 2012 20:43

I'm not in the USA, it would be great making a dvd and post it on the "Buy/Sell/Trade" section of this forum!

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 22:24

treaclefingers
Send It To me
Stones62
Send It To me

I recall reading this, so I don't claim it to be true, but I think one of MT's points was he NEEDED to get out of there, if only to not end up as a statistic.
That was my recollection as well. He needed to leave in order to stay alive. Not really a stupid decision when it comes to self preservation.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: May 4, 2012 23:26

Doxa
stupidguy2

"Take a look at this guy, people. Not that he plays the guitar like an angel, this man had the balls to quit the Rolling Stones after spending five years during their most profilic time, covering pretty much what the experts call their 'golden era'. Yeah, he played on "Honky Tonk Women" , "Brown Sugar" and "Angie", and on albums like STICKY FINGERS and EXILE ON MAIN STREET, and was very much contributing on that the Stones were to be called the 'greatest rock and roll band in the world'. You don't see guys like that every day, now do you? Give him a big hand!"

Will something like that do?tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Perfect. He actually might. He is a Stones fan.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 4, 2012 23:47

Howard Stern; Brooklyn Decker; Giada De Laurentiis; Mick Taylor performs with the Roots.

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: May 5, 2012 00:01

I believe, at least in the US, you can view the show using Hulu. Probably the day after its regular showing and they have a free 1 week trial to use Hulu as well.

Date: May 5, 2012 00:06

mtaylor
Howard Stern; Brooklyn Decker; Giada De Laurentiis; Mick Taylor performs with the Roots.

makes sense. Jimmy's got a full lineup of 3 guests...one for each panel segment. No music performance by any artist on that night's show. So, all we'll have are about 5 second opportuntiies to hear Mick play with the band as they go in and out of commercials.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: May 5, 2012 00:15

Justin
mtaylor

makes sense. Jimmy's got a full lineup of 3 guests...one for each panel segment. No music performance by any artist on that night's show. So, all we'll have are about 5 second opportuntiies to hear Mick play with the band as they go in and out of commercials.

I remember a Howard Stern interview years ago with Mick Taylor...who I believe was in a phone booth! I can't remember it at all except that it did not go well. After Mick hung up on Stern, Howard said that Taylor was forming a new group...with Pete Best! Ah well...it was funny...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2012 00:15

Damn! I am flyting to the U.K. on the 9th and won't see it. Crap.

Date: May 5, 2012 00:21

71Tele
Damn! I am flyting to the U.K. on the 9th and won't see it. Crap.

Talk to Wyman while you're there, willya!

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2250
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home