Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
1st Ever IORR Post?
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: April 22, 2012 19:34

I was looking through some of the oldest posts on here, they go way back to 2004 but I'm guessing there were many years before this of posts...got me thinking what was the very first post...it would be interesting to see.

Re: 1st Ever IORR Post?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 22, 2012 19:38

"Test. Test. Test."

Date: April 22, 2012 19:39

tatters
"Test. Test. Test."

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out funny tatters!

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:11

BV reset the board back in May of 2004, so anything before that was erased.

I don't remember what my first post was, but I do remember that I never properly introduced myself, so, hello everybody!
I'm Edith Grove from New Orleans!

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:16

London calling?smoking smiley

Date: April 22, 2012 20:23

Damn...I will never know. I would guess it was mickscarey saying 'it's a done deal'!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:24

something about Taylor vs. Woody, I guess

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 22, 2012 20:42

The first post was in 1961. It complained about the nasal, mannered vocals of the singer for Little Boy Blue & The Blue Boys. It went on to say that the group had become a parody of itself.

Date: April 22, 2012 21:28

or was it stonescrow saying he couldn't deal with it anymore and was leaving?

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 22, 2012 21:58

I think it was mine.I thought it was way,way, before 2004. 2000 or before maybe.Only kiddin' it was me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 22, 2012 22:05

crawdaddy
I think it was mine.I thought it was way,way, before 2004. 2000 or before maybe.Only kiddin' it was me. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Cool Crawdaddy...so what was it?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: April 22, 2012 22:10

Someone complaining about the setlist.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 22, 2012 22:15

This is the oldest I could find from 23 august 1999 ...in the Buy/Sell/Trade sections as Tell Me started later.

"SELL CD-Rs & VIDEOS - More than 450 bootlegs, and lots of rare videos, to see list and details please visit my home page, and enjoy!! Contact: R.S.V.P. 2000 [webs.satlink.com];

This is the oldest Tel Me 5 December 2000

[web.archive.org]

Here some visitors history from IORR......................

Date: April 22, 2012 22:18

crumbling_mice
Damn...I will never know. I would guess it was mickscarey saying 'it's a done deal'!!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

>grinning smiley<

Date: April 22, 2012 22:19

crumbling_mice

Not quite. It was Stonescrow letting everyone know that he would be saying in the future that he couldn't take it anymore after making a plethora of predictions that even Ray Charles could see.

Date: April 22, 2012 22:29

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
crumbling_mice

Not quite. It was Stonescrow letting everyone know that he would be saying in the future that he couldn't take it anymore after making a plethora of predictions that even Ray Charles could see.

smileys with beer>grinning smiley<

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 22, 2012 22:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
crumbling_mice

Was that also the first of his good-bye threads?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 22, 2012 23:08

"Mr Watson, come here. I want to see you"

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: April 22, 2012 23:52

I can't remember what my first screen name was - I used to be something besides Send It To Me.

Date: April 22, 2012 23:55

Send It To me
I can't remember what my first screen name was - I used to be something besides Send It To Me.

I had the same problem ...started reading this site way back in 2005 and then joined but hardly posted and so forgot sign in details...had to find a new name!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 23, 2012 03:26

How long has the board been around for?

And does anyone know why bv reset the board in 2004?

Hope he doesn't do that again and lose all the archival discussions!

I have found iorr extremely useful -- finding answers to questions that are in posts from the 2004-2005 era.

-swiss

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 23, 2012 11:38

BV promised ones that he will check out if it's possible to make the pre 2004 post available...........I will try if I can find it

Date: April 23, 2012 12:41

I joined in 1997, and I guess the board had existed for a couple of years prior to that.

The first post (by mail) would have been in 1980, though winking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 23, 2012 13:08

IORR existed long before mobile phones, internet and all those things you don't really need for daily life.
I remember in 1982 being in contact with Björnulf via real handwritten letters, exchanging not listenable musicasettes (compare to today) and photos.
It was the time when I slept in a tent in front of Wembley Stadium (imagine todayeye popping smiley) sleeping in a car in front of the Festhalle in Frankfurt 3 continious days and nights and ....
.... today we are absorbing realtime news within minutes expecting everything for nothing and forget to realize that Rock and Roll and its living lost it's quality for the sake of the new gadgets we ought to have, but don't really need them winking smiley

Date: April 23, 2012 20:41

Grison
IORR existed long before mobile phones, internet and all those things you don't really need for daily life.
I remember in 1982 being in contact with Björnulf via real handwritten letters, exchanging not listenable musicasettes (compare to today) and photos.
It was the time when I slept in a tent in front of Wembley Stadium (imagine todayeye popping smiley) sleeping in a car in front of the Festhalle in Frankfurt 3 continious days and nights and ....
.... today we are absorbing realtime news within minutes expecting everything for nothing and forget to realize that Rock and Roll and its living lost it's quality for the sake of the new gadgets we ought to have, but don't really need them winking smiley

I remember those days of camping out to get tickets and then camping out to get a good spot in the venue. I also remember fanzines and tapers exchange...somehow I missed IORR. I didn't realise BV had been going as long as that...he is up there with Bill German!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 23, 2012 20:57

Posted by: StonesHistorian ()
Date: April 23, 2012 21:01

IORR Homepage

The Rolling Stones Fan Club
Since 1980-IORR.org

Posted by: stein ()
Date: April 23, 2012 21:42

I think this site was up in the mid 90s and it was a Norwegian forum from the beginning and turned to english very soon.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 24, 2012 01:54

My first memory of IORR was during the VL tour.But Im not shure anymore whether it was only the tour gig reviews or already something like a Tell me forum.
If there was, it was probably changed over the years as I had to register more than once during those years.
In those days/90's were some other Stones boards like Undercover, SF Journal,etc. very popular.
I'd liked to know how many are still here from the beginning and who they are?

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: April 24, 2012 04:24

My first post was not here, but on the undercover mailing list in 1994 as
rev something-or-other. In it i compared jagger to jesus and buddha and
everybody threw shoes at me...

Nothing has changed!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home