Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Most Powerful Addiction In The World: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 09:26

Edith Grove
stonescrow
Edith Grove
Call 1-800-524-HELP

Did it work for you?smiling smiley

I am beyond help.

man, you shouldn't have gone to Tchernobyl...all these fingers that have grown !

Date: April 21, 2012 09:28

stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is way more realistic. 'Habit' is a safe way of saying it:

Experts say a New Zealand woman's 2-gallon-a-day Coca-Cola habit probably contributed to her death, a conclusion that led the soft-drink giant to note that even water can be deadly in excessive amounts.

How deductive of Coca-Cola to say such a thing.

[www.sfgate.com]

I try to practice moderation in all things, but so far it hasn't worked in regards to the Stones.

Don't worry. No matter what you do it won't hurt you like a real addiction.

Well, it could get a fellow divorced! I know at least two individuals who's wives divorced them because they were spending too much time on the golf course. I was one of those individuals! No kidding!

That's not a addiciton, that's just stupidity.

Or pure genius!

You have a funny way of spelling "jellyfish" or "spineless".

Date: April 21, 2012 09:30

stonescrow
superrevvy
Brown Sugar of course is about how addictive music is.

And then there's this:

Cause music is want I want
To keep my body always moving
Yeah, shake it up, hot stuff

Everyday I get another dose
I can't stand it when the music stops
Hot stuff

Everybody on the dance floor
You know what I'm talking about
Music make you forget all your trouble
Make you sing and make you tell the whole wide world
So what! Hot stuff

I think it is more the soap opera than the actual music if I am being perfectly honest.

So...were you being "perfectly honest" or "just honest" or "honest"?

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: April 21, 2012 09:38

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
This is way more realistic. 'Habit' is a safe way of saying it:

Experts say a New Zealand woman's 2-gallon-a-day Coca-Cola habit probably contributed to her death, a conclusion that led the soft-drink giant to note that even water can be deadly in excessive amounts.

How deductive of Coca-Cola to say such a thing.

[www.sfgate.com]

I try to practice moderation in all things, but so far it hasn't worked in regards to the Stones.

Don't worry. No matter what you do it won't hurt you like a real addiction.

Well, it could get a fellow divorced! I know at least two individuals who's wives divorced them because they were spending too much time on the golf course. I was one of those individuals! No kidding!

That's not a addiciton, that's just stupidity.

Or pure genius!

You have a funny way of spelling "jellyfish" or "spineless".

Well, I am a funny kind of guy.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: April 21, 2012 09:40

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
superrevvy

And then there's this:

Hot stuff

So what! Hot stuff

I think it is more the soap opera than the actual music if I am being perfectly honest.

I would have guessed "perfectly honest".

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: April 21, 2012 11:10

Well - Seems there's not a day goes by that I don't listen to some Stones. Addiction? Or neccesity like food? Water? Air? Oh well, you won't die without Stones music. Life will just be less fun. Gimme my fun!

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 21, 2012 11:37

It's Only Rock 'n Roll, but I love it.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 21, 2012 11:47

stonescrow, someone might say you're as annoying as fock but that would get them banned if they did -- which raises a possibility: if the reason you're still here is because bv won't deactivate you without cause why don't you call one of us some names. If need be I'll be the grateful sacrificial lamb. Spew invective at me or any other iorr member of your choice---and you will earn account deactivation. Otherwise, why do you think anyone particularly cares about your internal life and your struggles with the Stones? It's not interesting. I am sorry that you are compelled to draw down negative attention to yourself due to of whatever it is you were going on about re: your childhood, but this --what would be called "acting out" if you were 8-- seems more appropriate as fodder for you and your group therapy session. If you need to continue blithering about the Stones there are other boards where you can do that.

So---go ahead, post some naked photos or talk about religion or politics or say horrible things about me or anyone else. I'm not going to read your posts anymore. But I wish you the best. Please stop trying to work out your neuroses here, ok? I'm sure you're fully capable of catalyzing contempt among people in person - how about doing that for a while?

-swiss

Re: getting deavtivated
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 21, 2012 12:04

swiss
if the reason you're still here is because bv won't deactivate you without cause ...

... i'm pretty sure all stonescrow has to do is send bv an email requesting him to deactivate his/her account.
it would be a mistake to imagine bv has time to read every post - but it seems like a stonescrow-ish mistake to make.
there's a link to bv's email on the "forum help & policies" page: [www.iorr.org]
there: that should help stonescrow locate the way out, unless s/he doesn't really want to find it

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 21, 2012 20:02

with sssoul
swiss
if the reason you're still here is because bv won't deactivate you without cause ...

... i'm pretty sure all stonescrow has to do is send bv an email requesting him to deactivate his/her account.

What difference would it make? He'll just be back next week as thestonesman or thewatchcrow.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: April 21, 2012 23:17

71Tele
stonescrow
I know at least two individuals who's wives divorced them because they were spending too much time on the golf course. I was one of those individuals! No kidding!

Why do I have a feeling that might not have been the only reason? smoking smiley

Haha, funny 'cause I was thinking that & then saw your response.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 21, 2012 23:29

stonescrow
71Tele
stonescrow
71Tele
stonescrow
I know at least two individuals who's wives divorced them because they were spending too much time on the golf course. I was one of those individuals! No kidding!

Why do I have a feeling that might not have been the only reason? smoking smiley

Probably because our brains are just wired differently.

I wouldn't argue with that...they certainly are.

And, certainly our life experiences. I grew up surrounded by characters. I am a huge fan of Phil Hendrie, Don Rickles, Barney Fife, Groucho Marx, and Don Cherry if that tells you anything. Was introduced to sports very young. Was used to being in the spotlight as a child. Played QB from the time I was 9 all the way through high school. Was raised on drama. To me the Stones are just entertainment, a live cartoon. I like their characters as much as I do their music.

Good group of chatacters. Don Cherry and Groucho in the same list. I have to tip my hat to you.

Date: April 21, 2012 23:32

stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
superrevvy

And then there's this:

Hot stuff

So what! Hot stuff

I would have guessed "perfectly honest".

Perfection in honesty is bizarre.

Date: April 21, 2012 23:44

with sssoul
swiss

it would be a mistake to imagine bv has time to read every post - but it seems like a stonescrow-ish mistake to make.
there's a link to bv's email on the "forum help & policies" page: [www.iorr.org]
there: that should help stonescrow locate the way out, unless s/he doesn't really want to find it

Why does he/she need their account deactivated? Just stop posting. But of course that isn't the point, is it? The point is to make a big personal splash here and satisfy this individual's ego in the process.And of course we continue to feed the flames by responding to the inanities, myself included. smoking smiley

Date: April 22, 2012 00:08

71Tele
with sssoul
swiss

Why does he/she need their account deactivated? Just stop posting. But of course that isn't the point, is it? The point is to make a big personal splash here and satisfy this individual's ego in the process.And of course we continue to feed the flames by responding to the inanities, myself included. smoking smiley

Because then Stonescrow would be validated by not being able to post on here to say 'told ya so'?

Date: April 22, 2012 00:14

71Tele
with sssoul
swiss

Try and tell a drug addict to just stop taking drugs. And, oh, by the way, Mick Jagger just happens to be one of the biggest drama queens ever, in case you have forgotten. You think it's really only about the money with him? You are fooling yourself. All entertainers have big egos. They love to have those egos fed. But, it's all in good fun. They are winking at you, so wink back, and enjoy the show.

Date: April 22, 2012 00:27

swiss
stonescrow, someone might say you're as annoying as fock but that would get them banned if they did -- which raises a possibility: if the reason you're still here is because bv won't deactivate you without cause why don't you call one of us some names. If need be I'll be the grateful sacrificial lamb. Spew invective at me or any other iorr member of your choice---and you will earn account deactivation. Otherwise, why do you think anyone particularly cares about your internal life and your struggles with the Stones? It's not interesting. I am sorry that you are compelled to draw down negative attention to yourself due to of whatever it is you were going on about re: your childhood, but this --what would be called "acting out" if you were 8-- seems more appropriate as fodder for you and your group therapy session. If you need to continue blithering about the Stones there are other boards where you can do that.

So---go ahead, post some naked photos or talk about religion or politics or say horrible things about me or anyone else. I'm not going to read your posts anymore. But I wish you the best. Please stop trying to work out your neuroses here, ok? I'm sure you're fully capable of catalyzing contempt among people in person - how about doing that for a while?

-swiss

Swiss, sorry you feel this way. I really do love the Rolling Stones, but not just as musicians but also as entertainers. I would think there would be room for all types of Stones fans on this list. There are many topics on this forum that I have no interest in. I simply ignore them. For some reason people who can't stand my posts (or me) are drawn to them. I can't explain that.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: April 22, 2012 00:29

Stones are way of life for me since 1968,they keep rolling and i keep rocking with
them.What way to go,STONES ARE THE BEST ROCK-ROLL BAND.

Date: April 22, 2012 00:40

kish_stoned
Stones are way of life for me since 1968,they keep rolling and i keep rocking with
them.What way to go,STONES ARE THE BEST ROCK-ROLL BAND.

Absolutely! And not only do they play great music but they are the ultimate group of characters. I am addicted to the music, but am even more addicted to the soap opera they have scripted.

Date: April 22, 2012 00:50

tatters
with sssoul
swiss

What difference would it make? He'll just be back next week as thestonesman or thewatchcrow.

Don't worry, tatters, I am sure my account will be de-activated soon. And I promise, just for you, I won't return in some other form.smileys with beer

Date: April 22, 2012 01:05

stonescrow
swiss

-swiss

Swiss, sorry you feel this way. I really do love the Rolling Stones, but not just as musicians but also as entertainers. I would think there would be room for all types of Stones fans on this list. There are many topics on this forum that I have no interest in. I simply ignore them. For some reason people who can't stand my posts (or me) are drawn to them. I can't explain that.

Stonescrow. At this point it really is like watching a train wreck - fascinating but very sad. If being deactivated is really your goal, Swiss offered some fine ways to accomplish this. Perhaps you should take her up on it.

Date: April 22, 2012 07:29

71Tele
stonescrow
swiss

-swiss

Stonescrow. At this point it really is like watching a train wreck - fascinating but very sad. If being deactivated is really your goal, Swiss offered some fine ways to accomplish this. Perhaps you should take her up on it.

Tele, I sense you are a genuinely caring person. It isn't in my nature to insult anyone except for bullies and mean spirited people and that is only when they have insulted me first. I only strike back when I have been struck.

I am probably not the best fit for this forum because it seems the vast majority of people that post here are into the music of the Rolling Stones far more than the actual characters and the soap opera they (Mick and Keith) have scripted and starred in for decades. That isn't to say that I do not think their music is fantastic, I most certainly do, but it's the total "Stones experience" that really gets my juices flowing.

It has been a long time between tours this time around. It is becoming a little tense around here. Sometimes having a clown around like the watchman or stonescrow can lighten things up a bit provided one understands it's all just in good fun. Some get it, and some don't, and that is OK. I think both camps can co-exist by simply ignoring the other. Why bother reading a post that you know will disturb you? I don't.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 22, 2012 07:39

Just stay, Stonescrow. We need humor and some positivity on this forum and that is what you support us with.
After all, as someone said, this is basically a forum for banter, nothing else...

Date: April 22, 2012 07:42

And we are getting fewer and fewer. Four registred users as I speak...

Date: April 22, 2012 08:04

Stoneage
Just stay, Stonescrow. We need humor and some positivity on this forum and that is what you support us with.
After all, as someone said, this is basically a forum for banter, nothing else...

Stoneage, thanks so much, mate. It is nice to know that at least a few around here understand that I am not the "psycho" that I have been "painted" to be.smileys with beer

One Love, Gold Rings On Ya

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:27

hey stonescrow - Enjoy the Stones & have fun. There's no harm in this addiction.
Cheers. smoking smiley

Date: April 22, 2012 08:41

memphiscats
hey stonescrow - Enjoy the Stones & have fun. There's no harm in this addiction.
Cheers. smoking smiley

Thanks, mate I am beginning to feel better already.smileys with beer

Date: April 22, 2012 09:02

Stoneage
And we are getting fewer and fewer. Four registred users as I speak...

Who were you speaking to while you typed?

Date: April 22, 2012 09:17

Okey, Skippy. What is wrong with the expression "as I speak"? Please explain. I'm eager to listen.

Date: April 22, 2012 09:23

Stoneage
Okey, Skippy. What is wrong with the expression "as I speak"? Please explain. I'm eager to listen.

It's bad, that's what. Ha ha. Like 'breaking news'. Usually it's 'as we speak' and when that is said it's only one person doing the talking. It's just lame, that's all. Pet peeve and all that. Like, stuff, you know?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1704
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home