Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Ned Kelly
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:12

I just had a feeling *Ned Kelly* was Jaggers start ofEgotripping he was more than a leadsinger-
Are there aside from Performance any good Jagger movies ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-22 08:13 by steffiestones.

Re: Ned Kelly
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:23

any good Jagger movies

........... eeeerrrr yeah Ladies and Gentlemen .......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 22, 2012 08:54

Rockman
any good Jagger movies

........... eeeerrrr yeah Ladies and Gentlemen .......

...and "Gimme Shelter"...."Who's fighting, what for?". His best movie lines ever.

Posted by: lapaz62 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 11:25

He is not the first and will not be the last singer who thinks that he can act, most fail. Ive seen bigger heads than Jagger on guys that have never even sold one record.

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 22, 2012 11:36

I like Performance and Freejack. I know nothing about acting, so I cannot judge if Mick is a good actor, or if the movies are any good. But I like to watch those movies because Mick Jagger is in them. I especially love the way he looks in Performance. Running Out Of Luck is also very nice, because of the music videos and the humor.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: April 22, 2012 12:00

Micks best acting performance?...........

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 22, 2012 15:10

I have never seen Ned Kelly.

Performance is Jagger playing a composite of Brian Jones and Keith Richards, albeit filtered through a manipulative director who was overdosing on Borges at the time. Check out the story "The South" by Jorge Luis Borges, and you will see parallels with Performance.

I would also add that Jagger would have seen A Hard Days Night and Help, and thus attempted to be the anti-Beatle in Performance. However, when Jagger returned to stage performances in 1969 he amalgamated a little of Turner into his act: he has continued to do so ever since.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: April 22, 2012 16:28

Well, there's always "Bent". In my opinion, another horrible Jagger movie.tongue sticking out smiley

My favourite 'Jagger movies' always have the other actors - Keith, Charlie, Mick Taylor, Bill, Brian and music!smoking smiley

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: April 22, 2012 17:15

He got his best reviews for The Man from Elysian Fields.

I alway though we got to see hiom in that movie as he would have been if he had just been a regular guy who got old, rather than an aging rock star!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home