Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 7, 2012 16:48

Apart from El Cocojambo, I've definitely had enough of Ronnie shows for now. Sure, I'd love to hear more from '78 and '81, but certainly not at the cost of monster shows like Philly/NYC/Boston/Charlotte/DC '72, Sydney/Perth '73, Essen '70, etc. etc.

The '72 tour is still criminally underrepresented. They should have released the L&G dvd with a live cd like they did with Some Girls in Texas. But maybe it means that they're gonna release it as part of these six archive releases.

If they release something from later than '82, I ain't paying for it.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: April 7, 2012 17:40

a 71 show with wild horses and CYHMK would do just fine

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 7, 2012 18:00

They have already picked the 6 boots. 2 70s shows and one 81 down. My guess is the next one will be Atlantic City 89 and thereafter one 90s show and one 00s show.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 7, 2012 18:16

Stoneage
They have already picked the 6 boots. 2 70s shows and one 81 down. My guess is the next one will be Atlantic City 89 and thereafter one 90s show and one 00s show.

ugh.

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 7, 2012 18:37

Stoneage

Let's hope you're wrong!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 21:02

As others have pointed out, there's absolutely nothing in these first 3 releases to give us the idea that we'll get something like an unheard '71 show or a pristine '70 show.

Famous bootleg TITLES is the thing here. "Brussels Affair" is probably the most famous of all. Nevermind that most of the music was different, the selling point was the name on that one. The L.A. '75 show and Hampton '81 were represented by a 1000 different releases and titles but they are very popular bootlegs.

We'll get something like "Live'r Than You'll Ever Be" Leeds '71,or "Philadelphia Special" or "Welcome To New York" or maybe the Perth '73 show or "Garden State '78". Maybe Atlantic City '89. Honestly, I know "Live'r" was the first Stones boot and is very famous, but I hope we don't get that one. The '69 tour is already well documented with the Ya Ya's stuff which is much better than Oakland '69. I don't think the "Live'r" performance is anything special.

Date: April 7, 2012 21:03

Paul Kersey
Stoneage

Let's hope you're wrong!

Yeah. No kidding!

Posted by: Kuntaman ()
Date: April 7, 2012 21:20

Anything from Europe tour 1970 that was recorded by the Stones themself? A release from this tour, wouldn't that be a surprise?

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: April 7, 2012 21:55

I don't get the animosity toward pretty much ANY release from the second half of the Stones' career - (1989 on). I understand the greatness and the allure of the old stuff, but it ignores HALF of their career. I think the difference is that there are fewer shows from the latter half that we'd want - whereas there are just oodles from the first half that would be just fine. I for one would be very happy to get Atlantic City 1989 or one of the club shows from the 1990s or later.

The vast majority of posters here seem to be clamoring for another tour - yet at the same time seem ready to just slag the second half of their career, and in particular the megatours,to no end. Seems like an inconsistency to me. No, the tours weren't the same. But they were damn good at times!

MM

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: April 7, 2012 22:33

MrMonte
I don't get the animosity toward pretty much ANY release from the second half of the Stones' career - (1989 on). I understand the greatness and the allure of the old stuff, but it ignores HALF of their career. I think the difference is that there are fewer shows from the latter half that we'd want - whereas there are just oodles from the first half that would be just fine. I for one would be very happy to get Atlantic City 1989 or one of the club shows from the 1990s or later.

The vast majority of posters here seem to be clamoring for another tour - yet at the same time seem ready to just slag the second half of their career, and in particular the megatours,to no end. Seems like an inconsistency to me. No, the tours weren't the same. But they were damn good at times!

MM

Although it does appear from what has been released thus far that they are going with the most famous and/or popular booted titles, I would expect something like Atlantic City 89 or Leeds 71 to come out. Regarding any shows released post 89, I would be happy as hell if they released the 1995 Paradiso gig due to the set list and venue departure for the time.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2012 22:36

MrMonte

MM

It doesnt ignore half of their performing career, though.

The Stones played their 1,000th show in 1967.

Their 2,000th was played in 2006.

Posted by: opj ()
Date: April 7, 2012 23:53

The next show must be "Get Your Leeds Lungs Out"

Date: April 8, 2012 00:04

The main gripe for me is that some of their best and most legendary performances are still non-represented officially, or not at all. We don't have a live album from '72, and nothing apart from Got Live if You Want It and Rock 'n' Roll Circus from the whole Brian Jones era.

At the same time, we already have pretty well-produced official live albums and films from pretty much every tour 1989-2007 (and 1975-81 too, for that matter), many of which -- in my opinion -- sound alike.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: April 8, 2012 03:09

What are the most popular pre 69 boots?

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2012 12:58

nankerphlege

BBC sessions
Olympia radio recordings
Honolulu'66
Sydney'66 ain't bad either.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 8, 2012 13:59

The next bootleg will be from 1989-90

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: April 8, 2012 14:48

dcba
DECCA61
This also good be a good change for a future bootleg release; TOKYO 1990 - URBAN JUNGLE LONDON - VOODOO AT HALLOWEEN or MIAMI

Triple yuck! Give us 1982 (London 1st?) 1978 (Detroit?) or El Mocambo instead!
Miami was a never-ending trainwreck. I remember being shocked watching it shaking my head in disbelief thinking what a great PPV they had given us just 5 years before in 1989.

Maybe thats true. . But all new released cd dvd we got last 5 years were recordings all of us already have. .. Brussel la75 or hampton. . Just like the future bootleg in 2 months. . It will ne well known. . NOTHING we have never heard before. ... So thats why miami or tokyo (both tv shows) could be the next one. ... I myself love to get club shows like paradiso or sheperds bush

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: April 8, 2012 15:32

dcba
nankerphlege

BBC sessions
Olympia radio recordings
Honolulu'66
Sydney'66 ain't bad either.

...and the Chess Sessions, although they don't seem to fit the bill for this so far.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 8, 2012 19:35

One suggestion : the Nicaragua Benefit. The first 4/5 songs are rough due to lack of practice by the band but after it's pretty decent.

And the setlist is quite unique...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 8, 2012 20:05

dcba
One suggestion : the Nicaragua Benefit. The first 4/5 songs are rough due to lack of practice by the band but after it's pretty decent.

And the setlist is quite unique...

Hmm.. this is just very rough speculation from my side but somehow I tend to think that special shows are out of the scheme here. They just want to offer a great show that represents certain tour very well (and has a bootleg reputation). So, Altamont, Hyde Park, Knebworth and I am afraid El Mocambo is out of question here. The Nicaragua concert belongs to those as well.

So I wouldn't be very surprised if two or three shows come from the following ones: LIVER THAN YOU'LL EVER BE (69), LEEDS (71), WELCOME TO NEW YORK (72), ATLANTIC CITY (89). My heart wishes Jones era recording but that seems to be unlikely. But what is within my will is that no recording without Bill Wyman will ever find its way to my computer (if it costs something).

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-08 20:08 by Doxa.

Posted by: Raluca ()
Date: April 8, 2012 22:16

Liverpool, 12th March 71 would be great !!!
Greetings Raluca

Date: April 9, 2012 00:02

Use probability theory. They have already released two 70s boots; one 71 and one 75. And they have, besides that, released two 70s concert DVD:s ( 72 and 78). They will in total release six boots. Do you really think the next one will be another 70s recording?

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: April 9, 2012 00:51

I've already said this somewhere else,
the 6 shows they will releasing were already known to some degree.

Brussels, Hampton and L.A. were right, so the chance that the others were right too is very big:

Atlantic City '89, Miami '94 and Oakland '69
althought the last one could've been replaced by San Jose '99.

No other shows are gonna be released this year, so forget Paradiso, El Mocambo and all the other real great ones, it's not gonna happen.
It's a pitty, that's for sure...maybe next year?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: April 9, 2012 01:42

Oakland '69
Philadelphia '72
El Mocombo '77...............

Date: April 9, 2012 02:17

Gazza

The Stones played their 1,000th show in 1967.

Crazy!!! eye popping smiley

Date: April 9, 2012 02:20

Stoneage
Use probability theory. They have already released two 70s boots; one 73 and one 75. And they have, besides that, released two 70s concert DVD:s ( 72 and 78). They will in total release six boots. Do you really think the next one will be another 70s recording?

I bloody hope not!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: April 9, 2012 02:32

LieB
Apart from El Cocojambo...

I'd googled El Cocojambo, sorry to say that the STONES had never played
at this place winking smiley

HMN

Date: April 9, 2012 02:34

Honestman
LieB
Apart from El Cocojambo...

I'd googled El Cocojambo, sorry to say that the STONES had never played
at this place winking smiley

smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: April 9, 2012 02:37

El Machete would be a good choice because the show they were doing had evolved into something different from 75 and 76, its kind of like a tighter version of Knebworth. So it would be unlike anything that's already been released. We already have L&G and live in texas, now Brussels and LA. the YAYA's with added tracks is like a complete 69 show. the 77 version of the band would be something unique. If not the next one I hope its one of the next 3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-09 02:44 by ryanpow.

Date: April 9, 2012 03:06

Thanks for your correction on The Brussels gig, H M. It was done in `73 not `71 as I falsely stated.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home