Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9
Re: Next official bootlegs? Your opinions ...
Posted by: marko ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:41

78 is possible,but i think since we got dvd from it,something else is next.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:45

dcba
Nobody mentioned 1978 yet?
Quite logically it could be 78 : nothing from this tour has ever been officially released and it seems the purpose of the SA is to fill the gaps in the live discography... that's why got a show from 75 and one from 73 : "filling the gaps" indeed.

IF vol.IV is from 78 vol.V might be from 1982 right? thumbs up

Except, of course, Some Girls Live in Texas

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:47

Ross
So, following the trend of tying in with the most popular bootlegs, I would guess that the next 3 releases would parellel the remaining 3 most popular boots from tours that have not already been represented. So what are the remaining boots that fit that criteria?

Welcome To New York '72 - It would be great to have the whole show with the Clearmountain treatment. If not this from "72, then maybe one of the Philadelphia Specials or Happy Birthday Nicky? '72 is a must! (I know, HB Nicky is '73 but a carryover from '72)

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out '71 - I think this, with the missing opening tracks restored and a stereo Clearmountain mix, would be revelatory!

Liver Than You'll Ever Be '69 - The one that started it all. Maybe not likely given it's similarity to GYYYO, but certainly fits the criteria of popular bootleg from a tour not yet represented.

If not one of these, then what? AC '89? I hope not, but if it must be, Im sure a little "Clearmountaining" will make it better. Of course the remaining "holy grail" would be El Menudo, which wasn't a very popular bootleg but only because the quality was so bad.

What are the other possibilities based on this criteria?

I love your thoughts..i think it will be one of these...

as Eric Snow would say "it will be" one "of these"...note the inverted commas...oops

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:50

We just got the official release DVD and Disc package of Some Girls Live in Texas, which is Handsome Girls. So, why would they boot another show from 78 (Unless it's Out on Bail, Garden State 78 or whatever other names it has).

I'm rooting for Leeds, El Mohonko, Liver Than You'll Ever Be, or a No Security show (though I don't think any of the NS shows qualify as famous boots). The '89 and after shows lack the grit and significant arrangement differences IMO.

T@3

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: April 6, 2012 23:57

Brian Jones era or 1970 is probably not realistic.

El Mocambo was hyped in Stonesboards; - but after the 6 releases had already been picked.There was never an official hint for it. So there's little chance we'll get it this time around.

I really hope for a 72 release.To me, 69 and 72 being their best and most interesting tours.And the L.& G.audio unfortunately wasn't really up to the great quality of that tour.
I still hope they dig out one of the fantastic shows of 72 to show the world what they were really capable of.

Apart from those we will now enter the "Vegas" era. And the good news is: - there is a lot of great stuff from this controversial times as well.

Starting with A. City 89, London and Barcelona 90,New Orleans 94,
all the great "club" shows from 95 (not only Amsterdam with the fantastic Still a Fool, but also parts of Paris! and London),many good BtB recordings like Bremen and the 98 N.York gigs, San Jose 99, the 2002 Licks tour club shows and a dozen other sources.
There is still a lot to look forward to . .

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 7, 2012 00:01

dcba
Quite logically it could be 78 : nothing from this tour has ever been officially released IF vol.IV is from 78 vol.V might be from 1982 right? thumbs up

Nothing? Really? Think twice!

Besides, NOTHING can beat the promo version of TSP's Handsome Girls that comes with a pair of black stockings...NOTHING. EVER!!!

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 00:10

I love these live shows, but I would really welcome a couple bootlegs of outtakes too.

If we have to stick to live for this survey LOL, I would request more tracks from the "Stripped" shows/studio sessions.

Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: April 7, 2012 01:04

Lynd8

If we have to stick to live for this survey LOL, I would request more tracks from the "Stripped" shows/studio sessions.

Yes please. What about Brixton Academy. It was professionally recorded and filmed.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 7, 2012 01:14

dcba
Quite logically it could be 78 : nothing from this tour has ever been officially released and it seems the purpose of the SA is to fill the gaps in the live discography... that's why got a show from 75 and one from 73 : "filling the gaps" indeed.

IF vol.IV is from 78 vol.V might be from 1982 right? thumbs up

They released a CD of Fort Worth in the same week as they released the first stonesarchive.com download.

I think its pretty safe to say there wont be a 1978 show in these 6 archive releases.

'82 is effectively the same tour as '81. Not gonna happen.

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: April 7, 2012 01:36

Ross
So, following the trend of tying in with the most popular bootlegs, I would guess that the next 3 releases would parellel the remaining 3 most popular boots from tours that have not already been represented. So what are the remaining boots that fit that criteria?

Welcome To New York '72 - It would be great to have the whole show with the Clearmountain treatment. If not this from "72, then maybe one of the Philadelphia Specials or Happy Birthday Nicky? '72 is a must! (I know, HB Nicky is '73 but a carryover from '72)

Get Your Leeds Lungs Out '71 - I think this, with the missing opening tracks restored and a stereo Clearmountain mix, would be revelatory!

Liver Than You'll Ever Be '69 - The one that started it all. Maybe not likely given it's similarity to GYYYO, but certainly fits the criteria of popular bootleg from a tour not yet represented.

If not one of these, then what? AC '89? I hope not, but if it must be, Im sure a little "Clearmountaining" will make it better. Of course the remaining "holy grail" would be El Menudo, which wasn't a very popular bootleg but only because the quality was so bad.

What are the other possibilities based on this criteria?

I agree, but did they record Oakland 1969 (the "Liver Than You'll Ever Be" show) professionally? As far as I know there is only the audience recording from the bootlegs, but the show was not recorded by the band, so there are no soundboards/multi-tracks in the vaults that they could use.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 01:45 by MrEcho.

Posted by: Tonstone ()
Date: April 7, 2012 02:07

Glasgow 1971 Farewell tour ..... A tribute to Ian Stewart,,,Dust down those existing tapes they are mythical, and the crowd is going berserk.What an atmosphere these would produce surely the greatest live show in the vaults?..

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 7, 2012 02:14

Welcome to New York or Get Your Leeds Lungs Out have good chances to be be next. Plus one from the 90's (Steel Wheels tour or Voodoo Lounge tour). Whatever they pick it will be all good, I'm sure smiling smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 7, 2012 02:27

dcba

I mentioned it on page 1 of this thread. Since the bootlegs (of the KBFH broadcasts) were often mislabeled "Memphis 1978", before "Handsome Girls"....it would be neat if they released the entire Memphis show, since we actually have only 2 songs from that concert.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 7, 2012 09:26

In any case it would be neat to have the VL Tour properly covered. There's a DVD that's only out in America and Stripped which consists of many studio recordings as well as live. I'm not saying Miami '94. That would be a bad choice. Paradiso, Brixton or Olympia '95 would be cool. Or one of those hot South American gigs. from early '95. If they cover the VL Tour with a live disc, all tours from 1969 up until today would be covered (Minus 1971 and believe it or not: A Bigger Bang Tour - No live disc of that one).
The other two remaining releases. Well it's a toss-up between MANY good boots. I'd really like Sydney '73. Always been a fave of mine, and they're red hot on it. Also the Double Door club gig from 1997 would be a treat, as well as, and it's beyond me if they never release it: The Phoenix club show from 2005.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: April 7, 2012 11:11

78 is now documented with the cd sold with Bluray

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: April 7, 2012 11:55

Don't dream about a possible download of El Mocambo. This is the GRAAL. If this show must be edited, I think it should be on regular CD edition and with a super deluxe box set too and vinyl if we are very lucky.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 12:33

I don' understand the reason why they don't give us all the material available as it is, instead of these drops every couple of months.
If it is a matter of money, they're not going to be richer with these d/l, expecially if they offer shows that were already available in very good sound quality.
Wouldn't be easier to do a serie of Deluxe Boxes for every tour? Beginning by the 1969 tour, all their available tapes in a Deluxe box of 25-30 CDs at 200 bucks.
Is it so complicated?

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 7, 2012 13:00

My vote goes for Leeds 71, hopefully mixed like Ya Ya's!

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 13:39

I think the Stones consider "covered" 69 (expanded Ya Ya), 72 (L&G) and 78 (SG in Texas) so I think the next one could be London 1990 (last show with BW).

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 7, 2012 13:46

My educated guess will be Atlantic City ยด89. A good choice I think...

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 7, 2012 14:00

Oakland 1994

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: April 7, 2012 14:04

GOO
Oakland 1994

Why? You call Oakland 1994 a legendary bootleg ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-07 14:04 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: April 7, 2012 14:20

I want NO SECURITY tour to be honest

Date: April 7, 2012 14:36

Nothing after 1972 is legendary

Date: April 7, 2012 14:39

OaklAnd94 is just a good show, good mix, and there is good video footage, and it's Halloween just trying to predict what's next.... Erik

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 14:43

This also good be a good change for a future bootleg release; TOKYO 1990 - URBAN JUNGLE LONDON - VOODOO AT HALLOWEEN or MIAMI

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 7, 2012 15:19

DECCA61
This also good be a good change for a future bootleg release; TOKYO 1990 - URBAN JUNGLE LONDON - VOODOO AT HALLOWEEN or MIAMI

Triple yuck! Give us 1982 (London 1st?) 1978 (Detroit?) or El Mocambo instead!
Miami was a never-ending trainwreck. I remember being shocked watching it shaking my head in disbelief thinking what a great PPV they had given us just 5 years before in 1989.

Date: April 7, 2012 15:39

There's a steel wheel shirt for sale on stones archive..... Mmmmm

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: April 7, 2012 16:05

I'm hoping for Atlantic City.

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: April 7, 2012 16:06

aprilfool
Don't dream about a possible download of El Mocambo. This is the GRAAL. If this show must be edited, I think it should be on regular CD edition and with a super deluxe box set too and vinyl if we are very lucky.

with the available tracks apparantly ( from some sources ) containing 18 guitar overdubs , it is very unlikely , unless they dubbed the whole show , then .
pity . .

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 2 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1658
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home