Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Should the Issued Live albums be deleted and replaced with archive recordings of concerts
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:00

Just a thought.

Maybe Flashpoint, Love You Live, Still Live should be deleted, and archived concerts be reissued in their stead ?

Re: Should the Issued Live albums be deleted and replaced with archive recordings of concerts
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:07

Seems a little pointless, why not keep them all in print (or downloadable as it may be)?.

Those albums, although flawed, still have their place in the Stones catalog.

Re: Should the Issued Live albums be deleted and replaced with archive recordings of concerts
Date: April 3, 2012 19:12

Hampton could easily replace Still Life.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:12

How do you delete an already released album? Ask the world to destroy their copies and remove them from their memory and forget they ever even existed? Huh?

Date: April 3, 2012 19:16

What I'm saying is that the Archive Recordings could replace some of the dire material that was already issued.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:17

Well I far prefer Still Life to Hampton, so I'd rather not. Still life is imo a case of very clever compiling and editing, and a far more enjoyable listen - it doesn't hurt that it's shorter either!

Date: April 3, 2012 19:19

La Friday is far superior to Love You Live.

The thing is: also, are the albums going to be issued on CD ? Older fans may prefer CD to download

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:20

otonneau
Well I far prefer Still Life to Hampton, so I'd rather not. Still life is imo a case of very clever compiling and editing, and a far more enjoyable listen - it doesn't hurt that it's shorter either!

Nothing should be edited which is why the archive releases are better.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:21

different practices for different eras. Personnally I wouldn't mind having several shows of a same tour available for download.

Like, now how about a show for the beginning of the 1975 show? Cleveland or the 1st MSG?

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:22

dcba
different practices for different eras. Personnally I wouldn't mind having several shows of a same tour available for download.

Like, now how about a show for the beginning of the 1975 show? Cleveland or the 1st MSG?

Agreed!!

Date: April 3, 2012 19:24

Agree with Paul Kersey: nothing should be edited. The concert recordings should be cleaned-up sound-wise, but never edited.

Maybe, a cd boxed-set of archive recordings could be issued for a limited period, but I would love to see the cds with nice liner notes etc.

Hampton seems far nicer than Still Life, and maybe a double cd at a single cd price would not be too problematic.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:35

Everybody would still want to have those official live albums in their collection, and if they were taken out of print in favor of full shows or whatever, they would just become rare and expensive. I don't think people should have to pay too much money for something like Flashpoint. Don't "delete" it, keep it in print, and just accentuate the catalog with these new releases if must be. But don't make any of this stuff rare for the hell of it.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: April 3, 2012 19:51

The Stones should do what Fugazi did and release EVERY concert they've performed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 19:52 by GumbootCloggeroo.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 3, 2012 20:11

Don't touch Love you live. I love that album (with and without overdubs).

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:38

doesnt matter to me, already got all the issued live albums worth having for years now lol

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:52

Love You Live should be deleted and replaced with an entire El Mocambo recording -sans overdubs.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: April 3, 2012 23:04

tomcasagranda
Older fans may prefer CD to download

Older fans (like me) prefer LP smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: April 3, 2012 23:26

tomcasagranda
La Friday is far superior to Love You Live.

LA Friday doesn't have the Paris and Toronto recordings.

Date: April 4, 2012 00:50

Les Abattoirs in Paris could be issued as an archive recording: ditto El Mocambo.

I would even consider getting Stripped deleted in favour of the Paradiso as an archive recording.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2297
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home