Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

LA Friday available NOW on stonesarchive.com!
Date: April 3, 2012 15:31

thumbs up

Re: LA Friday available NOW on stonesarchive.com!
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: April 3, 2012 15:33

well all right! thanks for the heads up

Posted by: Paul Kersey ()
Date: April 3, 2012 15:47

Thanks mate! thumbs up

Date: April 3, 2012 15:52

... well they've taken my money - is anyone else still waiting for them to make the download available??
all i'm getting so far is a blank pop-up window, which is not what i call lossless :[

it's not enough - it's not enough for me hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 15:53 by with sssoul.

Date: April 3, 2012 15:54

with sssoul
... well they've taken my money - is anyone else still waiting for them to make the download available??
all i'm getting so far is a blank pop-up window, which is not what i call lossless :[

Change web browser. I experienced the same thing with Firefox, but everything worked when I changed to Explorer smiling smiley

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 3, 2012 15:55

It worked perfetcly well with my firefox!

C

Date: April 3, 2012 15:58

liddas
It worked perfetcly well with my firefox!

C

It's a Java-thing. For some reason, I can't update Java on my Firefox at work, while Explorer was updated already.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:03

I don't know if this applies to your situation with sssoul, but every time I bought a download from Stonesarchive, I had that java (or whatever) problem. The download agent wouldn't start. So I had to right click and choose "View source" from the menu. You could try this in that empty window. From there I eventually I found the actual URL:s to the flac files and I selected and copied these, one by one, into my browser's address field.

I'm thinking about buying LA '75 on a different computer so I don't have to go through all this work this time.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 16:05 by LieB.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:17

I'm looking forward to the expert's reviews even more than listening to the album itself!

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:21

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: April 3, 2012 16:24

Download successful here.

Date: April 3, 2012 16:36

DandelionPowderman
Change web browser. I experienced the same thing with Firefox, but everything worked when I changed to Explorer smiling smiley

thanks Dandelion my dear and everyone else who leapt to my rescue - switching to IE worked.
i didn't have this problem with the previous downloads, but this morning i got a message from Firefox
saying they were turning off some Java-related thingy because of some instability problem
so maybe that's what did it. anyway i've got my due download - thanks and praises and hail hail rock & roll :E

Date: April 3, 2012 20:19

Ok, so I installed Chrome (good browser) and then Java just to get this silly download manager to work. And boy what a memory hog of an overblown download manager... why not just provide a link to a zip file ...

Oh, well, I'm looking forward to hear the boot!

Posted by: JBH69Flyer ()
Date: April 3, 2012 20:23

FLAC's not available in the USA! Oh well!! Maybe next year!!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 20:33

JBH69Flyer

That's the way it's been with all 3 of the archive releases. U.S. Residents have to get it in mp3 from Google Music.

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 21:28

Successfull download with firefox smiling smiley

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: April 3, 2012 21:36

with sssoul

I had the same problem with Hampton when I tried with Firefox ,changed to Chrome and it worked fine.
Snag was I got charged for both and couldn't get a refund.
This time I'll wait for the rush to die down and get it in a couple of weeks,bit short of funds helps a lot as well.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:15

Had many problems downloading this, wish they would just put out a simple cd so we can play this with the good speakers..

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:15

You can check if your Java installation is up to date here:

[www.java.com]

...and keep it updatet!

Critical Java hole being exploited on a large scale - Update

Java logo Criminals are increasingly exploiting a critical hole in the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) to infect computers with malicious code when users visit a specially crafted web page. According to well-known security blogger Brian Krebs, the reason for this increased activity is that the arsenal of the BlackHole exploit kit has been extended to include a suitable exploit.
read more...

[www.h-online.com]

Date: April 3, 2012 22:34

NoCode0680
JBH69Flyer

That's the way it's been with all 3 of the archive releases. U.S. Residents have to get it in mp3 from Google Music.

Or you send me a private message ... smoking smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:37

Sorry to appear thick but I got rid of my Java programme but still the download page appears blank. I'm using Firefox with Windows 7. Any quick fix solutions?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: April 3, 2012 22:42

Silver Dagger
Sorry to appear thick but I got rid of my Java programme but still the download page appears blank. I'm using Firefox with Windows 7. Any quick fix solutions?

probably the quickest way is to install the latest version of Java for this download and then un-install it again. see my link above.

Date: April 3, 2012 22:47

Silver Dagger

See my post above (the one about right-clicking in the popup window).

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: April 3, 2012 23:04

LieB
Silver Dagger

Same thing happened to me. But I was using Internet Explorer. Still I tried right clicking in the blank pop-up but all it did was give me the option to open Java. I'm just gonna wait and get it from somebody else. Thing is, I've already paid for it. The mp3's (which I did download), and the FLAC's. So however I get it, illegal or whatever, I think I deserve it. They got my money.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 3, 2012 23:06

Worked fine for me with Firefox + Windows Vista. I seem to remember that last time I had to make sure that I had the most recent version of Java: I've just updated Java a couple of days ago so maybe that's relevant.

That's quite some setlist, isn't it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-04-03 23:07 by Green Lady.

Date: April 3, 2012 23:39

Tumblin_Dice_07
LieB
Silver Dagger

Same thing happened to me. But I was using Internet Explorer. Still I tried right clicking in the blank pop-up but all it did was give me the option to open Java. I'm just gonna wait and get it from somebody else. Thing is, I've already paid for it. The mp3's (which I did download), and the FLAC's. So however I get it, illegal or whatever, I think I deserve it. They got my money.

Don't worry, Tumbling_Dice, I'll send ya a mail later tonight. cool smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: April 4, 2012 00:37

Hi Lie B,

Working fine now. Thanks for the tip. Next time you're in London I'll buy you a beer. Salut

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home