Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WE are the market for the live downloads...
Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 24, 2012 17:20

...so surely there must be decision makers from the Stones website monitoring iorr.org in order to determine what to release (ie what would attract most downloads).

So... 1975 please!!

Re: WE are the market for the live downloads...
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 24, 2012 19:07

Detroit or the very last show of the tour : Buffalo.
By releasing one of these Jagger will really test our loyalty as fans!

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 24, 2012 19:23

Live at Leeds 71 !

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 24, 2012 19:35

So far they've cherry picked the most famous ones. The next choice should be interesting. Leeds might be too close to Brussels for them at this stage. One of those L.A. Forum '75 shows might work.

Date: March 24, 2012 19:55

24FPS
So far they've cherry picked the most famous ones. The next choice should be interesting. Leeds might be too close to Brussels for them at this stage. One of those L.A. Forum '75 shows might work.

Hampton, yes. Brussels, no.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: March 25, 2012 19:59

DandelionPowderman
24FPS

You think "Brussels Affair" isn't a famous bootleg? I know most of the official release differed from the bootleg, but it is still from Brussels on 10/17/73. Most folks besides ourselves probably don't realise it's any different than the classic bootleg. I think there's people on this board that don't realise it. Regardless, the original "Brussels Affair" is probably THE most famous Stones bootleg.

Date: March 25, 2012 20:09

peoplewitheyes
...so surely there must be decision makers from the Stones website monitoring iorr.org in order to determine what to release (ie what would attract most downloads).

So... 1975 please!!

Nah, the decisions have already been made and probably all the mixing and mastering has already been done. Evidence for this is the Jagger and Richards interviews on youtube that accompany the releases. They were filmed in Sept/Oct of 2011.

It would be nice if the fans had some influence over this thing, and maybe the things we constantly ask for will come to fruition in the coming years, I dunno. I hope so. But for now, I think these first 6 releases are probably already set and I think they'll go with well known stuff.

Leeds '71 is probably a good possibility at some point. Philadelphia '72 possibly? Something from '78 maybe? We know there was alot of stuff recorded on that tour. Passaic, Detroit, Lexington, Memphis.....and I'm not totally sure that the release of "Some Girls: Live In Texas '78" will deter the Stones Archive project from releasing another show from that tour. There's also Atlantic City '89 and tons more stuff from that tour on through the present day.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 26, 2012 00:07

Leeds '71 would be my first choice, followed by the '72 lost live album, then '75 in third place, unless a '67 show is available.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: March 26, 2012 00:25

NME 1968 for me (the extended + version) ...in super HD and colored Blu Ray grinning smiley

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: March 26, 2012 12:55

70 or 71 please! Something from the 60s would be good.

Date: March 26, 2012 12:58

Tumblin_Dice_07
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

You think "Brussels Affair" isn't a famous bootleg? I know most of the official release differed from the bootleg, but it is still from Brussels on 10/17/73. Most folks besides ourselves probably don't realise it's any different than the classic bootleg. I think there's people on this board that don't realise it. Regardless, the original "Brussels Affair" is probably THE most famous Stones bootleg.

Please stop mixing those two shows. One of the shows is famous, the other one isn't. The two songs from the famous show don't alter the fact that the official release is a different show, hence unknown to many people.

I'm not being difficult, but people may be confused when people keep saying the official release is the famous bootleg. It's like releasing the other Hampton show, and people claiming it is a safe and boring release...

PS: I know that you know the difference.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-26 13:00 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 26, 2012 13:01

"WE are the market for the live downloads...". Very true but not all WE are the same. Most of you have seen the Stones dozens of times and have 100s of bootlegs. I've seen the Stones on every tour in the UK since 76 but only once or twice a tour and have a fairly small number of boots. So, while devoted to the Stones, I'm lower leagues compared to most and would probably buy any official download.

Date: March 26, 2012 20:59

DandelionPowderman
Tumblin_Dice_07
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

Please stop mixing those two shows. One of the shows is famous, the other one isn't. The two songs from the famous show don't alter the fact that the official release is a different show, hence unknown to many people.

I'm not being difficult, but people may be confused when people keep saying the official release is the famous bootleg. It's like releasing the other Hampton show, and people claiming it is a safe and boring release...

Mixing them? I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

"Brussels Affair" itself is famous. The name is what I'm talking about. I don't think the 10/17/73 early show is famous with anybody except hardcore fans. The excellent sounding recordings are what's famous and most versions of the Brussels show are mixed with material from other shows. And there's hundreds of different versions, some with tracks from Wembley, Rotterdam, Newcastle, hell even some with tracks from New York in '72. Now we, as fans, know what's what on these different versions. We know that probably the most famous version of this material actually contains a few tracks from London. The Stones released their official version of "Brussels Affair" and yeah, except for three tracks, it's very different than anything we had before. But it's still another version of "Brussels Affair".

I get irritated when people talk about the official release as if it's the same thing as the bootlegs we already had. Most of it is obviously different, but it is from the same date and location and more importantly, it has the same name, which is probably the most famous name is Stones bootleg lore.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 26, 2012 21:21

I guess we are but I would prefer a new album of new songs. I'm glad they have postponed their anniversary to enable themselves the time for writing and recording one.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: March 26, 2012 21:39

Why Leeds '71? a mediocre show we already have in fantastic quality. The Roundhouse is much, much better, and even then I would prefer a show of that tour we don't know. Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses would be nice!

Mathijs

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 26, 2012 21:51

Mathijs
Why Leeds '71? a mediocre show we already have in fantastic quality. The Roundhouse is much, much better, and even then I would prefer a show of that tour we don't know. Can't You Hear Me Knocking and Wild Horses would be nice!

Mathijs

Now somebody should be writing:

Here we go....after 15 posts about a yet to be announced possible official live release somebody starts to complain....or something like that

But I really agree with you - Leeds 1971 would be a truely boring choice. I mean if they are finally going to open up the doors to the 1970/1971 vaults....then please pick a different tape than the Leeds recording, for gods sake. Not just because of the ex-perfectect quality we allready have it in, but also because of the not-inspired performance.

But since Stonesarchieves seem to go for "famous boot titles" for their releases; I would think they'd go for Leeds if they would dig out a 1971 show, unfortunately

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 26, 2012 21:52

There is no more famous bootleg title than "Liver Than You'll Ever Be".

Not even "Listen To This Eddie".

Date: March 26, 2012 22:03

Munichhilton

Not even Great White Wonder ?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 26, 2012 22:07

Erik_Snow
Munichhilton

That one is probably more significant than famous don't you think?
I'd heard of LTYEB long before GWW....

Posted by: douwew ()
Date: March 26, 2012 22:10

VREDENBURG UTRECHT!!!!!!! 2003 august 16th

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: March 26, 2012 22:17

I would really like a 75 show with the Mix that the first two releases have. that would be a real treat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-26 22:17 by ryanpow.

Date: March 26, 2012 22:18

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Munichhilton

That one is probably more significant than famous don't you think?
I'd heard of LTYEB long before GWW....

Oh Great White Wonder surely is really famous; but; I can't say for sure which one out of that and LTYEB; I would think it's a close match though

Posted by: 2000 LIGHT ()
Date: March 26, 2012 22:26

It s not my wish.

but it ll be Miami 1994 unfortunately

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 26, 2012 22:43

billwebster
I guess we are but I would prefer a new album of new songs. I'm glad they have postponed their anniversary to enable themselves the time for writing and recording one.

Good point Bill. plenty of time after they retire to swim through the vaults and release these old recordings. I've about heard enough of the same songs over and over. So MT was On it it and played a great solo , or they really nailed YCAGWYW this particular night. It doesn't move me like a new great song by them does.

For instance I LOVED the extra SONGS included on the latest Some Girls Deluxe. Better that ANY bootleg of the same ole tunes. But that's just me, some people here are fanatical about bootlegs and want to hear (own) every recorded version of the same songs. That's a bit too much of the same for me.

I do on the other hand want to SEE them perform every chance I get, including the same old songs. lol Being there makes all the difference. Just my opinion. peace

Posted by: hotspot3000 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 04:46

yeh 75' seems to be the obvious. what about an 82' show?

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: March 27, 2012 04:56

EL MOCAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:46

El Mocambo is quite an original choice..I subscribe !
One of the LA'75 shows (11th or 13t of July) would be fair.
Sounds logical to have boots from each US and Europe Tour.
We've had Hampton, so it would be fair to have one for example from Rotterdam or Stockholm or berlin 82.
Let's not forget Japan. There were good shows from 1990, 1995...Take your choice.

Date: March 27, 2012 10:09

Tumblin_Dice_07
DandelionPowderman
Tumblin_Dice_07
DandelionPowderman
24FPS

Mixing them? I don't think you understand what I'm saying.

"Brussels Affair" itself is famous. The name is what I'm talking about. I don't think the 10/17/73 early show is famous with anybody except hardcore fans. The excellent sounding recordings are what's famous and most versions of the Brussels show are mixed with material from other shows. And there's hundreds of different versions, some with tracks from Wembley, Rotterdam, Newcastle, hell even some with tracks from New York in '72. Now we, as fans, know what's what on these different versions. We know that probably the most famous version of this material actually contains a few tracks from London. The Stones released their official version of "Brussels Affair" and yeah, except for three tracks, it's very different than anything we had before. But it's still another version of "Brussels Affair".

I get irritated when people talk about the official release as if it's the same thing as the bootlegs we already had. Most of it is obviously different, but it is from the same date and location and more importantly, it has the same name, which is probably the most famous name is Stones bootleg lore.

I said that other people are mixing them (and that I knew that you didn't - see the PS). Remember, not everyone will read the entire posts here, and that may lead some to believe that the BA-release was the famous bootleg.

I'm tired of reading that this is the same show (or show compilation) that we already had, too.

Sorry if it came across a bit different than I intended.

Posted by: robertfraser ()
Date: March 27, 2012 10:20

I would love something from the 69 tour or 70/71 or earlier...However

I think that it is no fluke that they released the second brussels show though as it had heartbreaker @#$%& and had more songs that jagger and Richards have copyright on rather than being owned by ABkCO. Same with Hampton.

Even though it is great that they are doing this it has to be worth it in money terms as they are paying for the remastering/mixing, I don't think therefore we will see anything from 69/70,71 or earlier, we may get one from 75 but El Macambo is out.

Hope I'm proved wrong though....if i put money on it I would say 75 or 89.

Date: March 27, 2012 11:50

A 1966 show would be a treat:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1431
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home