Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: shine a light"stones crowning achievment"
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: March 22, 2012 22:12

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
kowalski
Sometimes I wonder if I'm not posting on a Beatles board... eye rolling smiley

Did The Beatles ever do a tour that sounded as poor as A Bigger Bang did?

Just curious, what do you think Steven Van Zandt or Charlie Watts would think of your comment?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 22, 2012 22:39

stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
kowalski

Just curious, what do you think Steven Van Zandt or Charlie Watts would think of your comment?

Don't you mean, did the Beatles ever do a tour that sounded better than ABB?
(Can't hear anything at a Beatles concert in the audience.)

Date: March 23, 2012 00:37

BluzDude
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
kowalski

Or as good?

Date: March 23, 2012 01:42

BluzDude
stonescrow
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
kowalski

Probably.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: March 23, 2012 03:20

yes,great points there stones dan,dvd,got awesome reviews.also on amazon,by people who bought it.

Date: March 23, 2012 03:32

I first saw it on IMAX and it was incredible. Everybody was standing and cheering at the end.

Posted by: WeLoveYou ()
Date: March 23, 2012 12:15

I saw it at the IMAX in London and it sounded incredible, all the instruments could be heard clearly and it was a very enjoyable concert.

Then I heard it on CD and it was a let down (too much mastering compression)

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 23, 2012 16:43

backstreetboy1
yes,great points there stones dan,dvd,got awesome reviews.also on amazon,by people who bought it.

Yep. I just don't get the comments that keith seems lost and doesn't appear to know what song he's playing. He seems very "with it" and in good form throughout. Especially the opening numbers...JJF - he's great. Shattered, She Was Hot, All Down the Line..great. My only complaint is he's too low in the mix. When I first listened with headphones, I was really impressed with his playing, especially his riddim grooves. Sure his leads are simpler than in the past but they're still unmistakable Keith. To me the low points are T & A, which wasn't even in the film. Don't like the horns doing the riff and his vocals are not great there. Even the ending warhorses sound fresh and hot; especially like the nasty variation on the Satisfaction riff. So he harmonizes the wrong words on one chorus of Far Away Eyes. That's the human element of the Stones which I've always liked. So it's not Brussells. It still shows the Stones as of 2006 as a damn good live show.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 23, 2012 17:43

stonesdan60
backstreetboy1

Yep. I just don't get the comments that keith seems lost and doesn't appear to know what song he's playing. He seems very "with it" and in good form throughout. Especially the opening numbers...JJF - he's great. Shattered, She Was Hot, All Down the Line..great. My only complaint is he's too low in the mix. When I first listened with headphones, I was really impressed with his playing, especially his riddim grooves. Sure his leads are simpler than in the past but they're still unmistakable Keith. To me the low points are T & A, which wasn't even in the film. Don't like the horns doing the riff and his vocals are not great there. Even the ending warhorses sound fresh and hot; especially like the nasty variation on the Satisfaction riff. So he harmonizes the wrong words on one chorus of Far Away Eyes. That's the human element of the Stones which I've always liked. So it's not Brussells. It still shows the Stones as of 2006 as a damn good live show.

When I first listened with headphones, I was really impressed with his playing, especially his riddim grooves. thumbs up I was impressed too. Richards guitar is the leading element on the whole album.

Even the ending warhorses sound fresh and hot thumbs up Totally agree on this. What a great version of Start Me Up! Stripped to the bones but full of energy.

So he harmonizes the wrong words on one chorus of Far Away Eyes. That's the human element of the Stones which I've always liked. thumbs up Exactly. When I saw the movie the first time it even came to my mind that he may have done this on purpose. Scorsese asked them to have a song they would sing together. Maybe Keith wasn't so happy to be asked to do something so he finally sings with the wrong words, who knows what's in his mind at this moment ...

Date: March 23, 2012 18:14

stonesdan60
backstreetboy1

Excellent observations.thumbs up

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 23, 2012 18:47

Terrible film. Poor performance.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 23, 2012 18:52

Another Beatles fan in disguise? smiling smiley

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: March 24, 2012 22:49

Currently 5.99 for the bluray on play.com.

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: March 25, 2012 23:57

kowalski
stonesdan60
backstreetboy1

When I first listened with headphones, I was really impressed with his playing, especially his riddim grooves. thumbs up I was impressed too. Richards guitar is the leading element on the whole album.

Even the ending warhorses sound fresh and hot thumbs up Totally agree on this. What a great version of Start Me Up! Stripped to the bones but full of energy.

So he harmonizes the wrong words on one chorus of Far Away Eyes. That's the human element of the Stones which I've always liked. thumbs up Exactly. When I saw the movie the first time it even came to my mind that he may have done this on purpose. Scorsese asked them to have a song they would sing together. Maybe Keith wasn't so happy to be asked to do something so he finally sings with the wrong words, who knows what's in his mind at this moment ...

And I must add Live With Me. Regardless of what one thinks of Christina, Keith is on fire from start to finish! Nasty and smokin'!

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1244
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home