Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Keith about the Apollo-gig, Boston etc.
Date: February 28, 2012 16:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 16:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Re: Keith about the Apollo etc.
Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:00

I wonder how much of an impact sobrietry is having on the different aspects of his life, including his playing. I'm glad he's found he can survive sober, or at least more sober than his past, and who really knows how sober he is, but he certainly looks "completely straight" here. Good for him, and good for his family.

In recent years more than ever, Keith's been known to not play much guitar when he's off the road, and he's been off for four years. When you combine that with an out of tune guitar with a strap too long and a song you havent played in years on a day you didn't expect to play as I didn't see Pierre around to hand him his Axe, I thought the Sunday afternoon Chuck video was tolerable.

I've never used the words tolerable and Keith Richards in the same sentence.

I've seen Chuck play quite a bit lately, three times in the past year at Blueberry Hill. After hearing Keith say he'll see Chuck again it looks like another trip to STL is in order, especially since the owner of BB Hill was there per CBII, so I'm guessing the invitation was extended.

Hearing CBII's comments after apparently seeing the video of Keith playing is spot on as he lives that every day with his dad. Of those three shows I saw, there were a few moments where the licks came back, but in between there are a lot of rough edges and bum notes.

If Keith straps on every day, if his arthritis isn't what everyone says it is, if, if, if...

Pressure is on, and with both him and Mick hovering so close to each other and it being almost March, it's decision time.

We can speculate all we want, but if it's meant to be it is meant to be, and if it's not, then we have so many memories and likely will get at least one, or a few final gigs.

Wonder when Zeppelin did all that rehearsing and then played a good show if the thoughts in Plants head when it came to "what next" are similar to what Mick must be thinking, and wondering right now.

To me, Plant was a pussy and he should've taken em out on the road.

The Stones have never been pussies.

Re: Keith about the Apollo-gig, Boston etc.
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:02

KR: "i'd like to thank everybody who gives a sh1t" :E
thanks for posting that, Dandelion P my dear - and thank you, Keith! thanks and praises

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:07

nice shout out to Barrellhouse Chuck who blues collection is being displayed here

LCFPD.org/theblues

(I am going there today BTW)

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:13

"Shakespeare with a guitar around his neck." Chuck name checking Tchaikovsky and substituting "walking pneumonia" with "rocking pneumonia" in ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN was pretty clever for rock lyrics in 1956, just to mention one of his songs.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:20

I reckon keith [and mick for that matter] can get it together perfectly well enough to go out with the stones if they want to give it a go. Practice & rehearsal makes a huge differance.

The days of running around a 100 yard wide stage may be over...but Keith always said that Mick could "work a postage stamp".

Maybe that's the answer, a tiny Station Hotel sized stage. You can still do it in arenas [or even stadiums] if you have the best of todays high brightness & resolution giant screens to help.
Kinda like the whole show on the B stage in sense . That would appeal to me.
[I know there are often issues with the B Stage sound & performance but that's because the show's not optimised for it ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 17:23 by Spud.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:36

Spud
I reckon keith [and mick for that matter] can get it together perfectly well enough to go out with the stones if they want to give it a go. Practice & rehearsal makes a huge differance.

The days of running around a 100 yard wide stage may be over...but Keith always said that Mick could "work a postage stamp".

Maybe that's the answer, a tiny Station Hotel sized stage. You can still do it in arenas [or even stadiums] if you have the best of todays high brightness & resolution giant screens to help.
Kinda like the whole show on the B stage in sense . That would appeal to me.
[I know there are often issues with the B Stage sound & performance but that's because the show's not optimised for it ]
I kind of like that idea, Spud. When you think about it, most of us - unless we're really lucky and score great seats - end up watching most live stadium concerts on the "big screen." So it wouldn't really matter if they set up on a small stage. I also liked someone's idea of a pay-per-view thing. Even if they did something like Shine a Light again. I would just love to see them all together one more time. I guess time will tell. smoking smiley

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:42

Keith seemed in good shape on this video. I think Mick wanted to proof he was in great shape and by this way showing he was not guilty about the non-touring times. Well he moved very quick in front of Obama. That means and perhaps Keith was right about this subject. Vaut mieux en avoir une petite qui remue dans tous les sens qu'une grosse et molle! Ahahah!!!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: February 28, 2012 17:51

aprilfool
Vaut mieux en avoir une petite ...

Mais nous avons convenu qu'il n'y aurait plus de plaisanteries de todger! Ahahah à vous aussi :E

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 28, 2012 18:19

chelskeith
I wonder how much of an impact sobrietry is having on the different aspects of his life, including his playing. I'm glad he's found he can survive sober, or at least more sober than his past, and who really knows how sober he is, but he certainly looks "completely straight" here. Good for him, and good for his family.

I don't think Keith is on alcohol. I don't think Keith is on heroin or cocaine.
What I worry about are the prescription drugs. Do I know what I'm talking
about? No. Am I worrying needlessly? Let's hope so.

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: February 28, 2012 19:02

with sssoul
KR: "i'd like to thank everybody who gives a sh1t" :E
thanks for posting that, Dandelion P my dear - and thank you, Keith! thanks and praises

thumbs up

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 28, 2012 19:17

superrevvy
chelskeith

I don't think Keith is on alcohol. I don't think Keith is on heroin or cocaine.
What I worry about are the prescription drugs. Do I know what I'm talking
about? No. Am I worrying needlessly? Let's hope so.

I don't know if he's still on it but Keith has said he had to be put on dilantin after the head injury. I researched it and read that it can cause dizziness, confusion, etc, and especially should not be used with alcohol. We all know Keith didn't stop drinking, which may explain some of the disastrous reviews I've read of shows right after the injury. maybe he's learned that if he has to stay on dilantin he must at lest greatly moderate his drinking if he won't stop completely. He does appear more sober these days.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 28, 2012 19:41

Love that video.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:04

chelskeith

In recent years more than ever, Keith's been known to not play much guitar when he's off the road, and he's been off for four years. When you combine that with an out of tune guitar with a strap too long and a song you havent played in years on a day you didn't expect to play as I didn't see Pierre around to hand him his Axe, I thought the Sunday afternoon Chuck video was tolerable.

I don't think it was the guitar, the tuning (any player should know to check before trying a song), the strap, the string gauge, the wood finish, the colour of the carpet, the fact that it was Sunday,the birds chirping outside...

Keith's age, injury, arthritis, it's robbed him of his playing. That video wasn't tolerable, it sucked... hard, which is very sad, but I think it's time to write this whole thing off now.

chelskeith

To me, Plant was a pussy and he should've taken em out on the road.

The Stones have never been pussies.
[/quote]

To me, Plant has never stopped being a true artist, respectful of himself, John Bonham and the Led Zeppelin legacy. He didn't want to tarnish the name as he felt them all a bit past what they had accomplished that one night.

Plant has never been a sell-out whore.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:14

Thank you for posting! It's a wonderful video, and I appreciate that Keith took the time out of his "Power Weekend" to share with us about it--and to thank us for being fans.

Can you imagine a weekend like that yourself? Wow! Keith seems in this video tired in the best possible way, and happy. And I'm happy for him---and us for having Keith still banging out a weekend of playing!

Now if I could only find a way to get a super short interview with him, for a piece I'm producing on the night before Altamont smiling smiley

- swiss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 20:15 by swiss.

Date: February 28, 2012 20:55

with sssoul
aprilfool
Vaut mieux en avoir une petite ...

Mais nous avons convenu qu'il n'y aurait plus de plaisanteries de todger! Ahahah à vous aussi :E
Bon alors va falloir demander des permissions j'ai l'impression... c'est le mot qui est interdit ou j'ai droit a un synonyme.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: February 28, 2012 21:00

great thanks

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: February 28, 2012 21:06

swiss
Thank you for posting! It's a wonderful video, and I appreciate that Keith took the time out of his "Power Weekend" to share with us about it--and to thank us for being fans.

Can you imagine a weekend like that yourself? Wow! Keith seems in this video tired in the best possible way, and happy. And I'm happy for him---and us for having Keith still banging out a weekend of playing!

Now if I could only find a way to get a super short interview with him, for a piece I'm producing on the night before Altamont smiling smiley

- swiss

I'd be really interested to read that Swiss, that particular night has always played on my mind. We know Keith stayed at the festival and there are stories of him hanging out with the fans, sitting round the camp fires etc...but there must be more to it than that...hope you find something!

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: February 28, 2012 21:09

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 21:10 by Honestman.

Keith Richards message at his private jet
Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:35

Re: Keith Richards message at his private jet
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:37

Keith is actually piloting that plane as he's talking.

HEY!!! You know that scene in Indiana Jones......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-28 20:38 by GravityBoy.

Date: February 28, 2012 20:43

Patti trying to attract Keiths attention on his private plane.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:48

Negative doubles ...

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:48

"Never gotta lift out of lear jets when I can fly way back home"

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:50

He's 2000 Light Years from home?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 28, 2012 20:56

Coolest guy on earth...

Date: February 28, 2012 20:57

kowalski
Coolest guy on earth...
How old are you, if you know all guys on earth to compare!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 28, 2012 21:00

Good to see Keith on a private jet, he deserves it, and that is what big money is for... beyond that... I am not sure what his objective is.... and uhhhhh... I dont think he has done anything like this before.... and uhhhhh... I wonder what his objective for this is... they always seem to have a plan...

Date: February 28, 2012 21:02

aprilfool
kowalski
Coolest guy on earth...

How do you know he doesn't know all the other cool guys?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 28, 2012 21:04

aprilfool
kowalski
Coolest guy on earth...

That's the image he's giving of himself.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home