Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Did the Stones make you want to start learning an instrument or singing?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 13, 2012 19:06

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
StonesTod
no, but they made me want to drink rebel yell for a couple of years....

I got some of the that. It was the same reaction I had with Jack Daniel - HORRIBLE. That shit should be banned. It's awful.

jack on it's own is a bit tough, but I've always liked the Jack & Coke combo.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 13, 2012 19:29

yep

its interesting to me, when I was 10 I started on drums, listened to Charlie all along...got diverted to bass, when I was about 20. been playing bass a long time, but also learned guitar along the way, just rhythm.

only last year did I bother with open G,now I'm having a great time bashing out Stones tunes that finally sound about right...

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 13, 2012 20:53

straycatblues73
yes , of course they did , and i played with them many, many times since the early seventies so i was taught by the best.
Curiously the set list was always as follows :

Jumpin' Jack Flash
Carol
Stray Cat Blues
Love In Vain
Love In Vain
Love In Vain
Love In Vain
Midnight Rambler
Sympathy For The Devil
Live With Me
Little Queenie
Honky Tonk Women
Street Fighting Man

So, since we're talking turntables and vinyls here, I guess you stood up, and put Love in Vain on, again and again.
That reminds me now of something else. When I was at school and really bored waiting for the bell to ring, I 'played' the whole Ya-Ya's in my head. Guitars, drums, vocals everything.It was about 45 minutes. And then the bell rang...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 13, 2012 21:38

They weren't the ones that got me interested in playing music. I was inspired to take up music by a bunch of the 90's bands, mainly Nirvana because they had such cool yet simple bass lines in their songs. And my classic rock heroes at the time were Paul McCartney and Roger Waters which also made me want to play bass.

I started to get bored with the bass though, and it WAS the Stones (specifically Paint It Black, not knowing a lot of that was sitar) that convinced me to switch to the guitar. I bought a sunburst Squire Strat and Paint It Black was the first song I learned. Though not very well. It was some OLGA person's interpretation of the song that people could tell what you were playing, but if you ever played along with the album it would be all wrong.

Date: February 13, 2012 23:06

Oh Yes, Keith inspired me to want to play the guitar smiling smiley

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: February 14, 2012 05:14

nothin better than bein able to strum out a tune of ya favourite band. not saying it sounds good but it is fun. stones were a big influence to grab the guitar and rip some chords. used to do a mean jagger impersonation that was more jagger than jagger himself. give the harmonica a go as well to do the intro to sweet virginia.

my voice is ordinary to say the least but hey its only rock n roll but i like it..

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: February 14, 2012 10:46

I began to play guitar because of the RS. Before that, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Ritchie Blackmore.......But it was RS who pushed me to the instrument
My very first song: Out Of Time............

Now i own a lot of guitars and amps...........
Now i have got a ukulele, and my ambition shoul be to create a ukulele band to recreate RS's songs

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1888
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home