Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: 10 years ago today waylon jennings left this world
Date: February 13, 2012 22:55

R.I.P.

Re: OT: 10 years ago today waylon jennings left this world
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:11

A great musician and singer.

I love Honky Tonk Heroes as an album. All them Billy Joe Shaver tracks that he covered are excellent.

There Ain't No Good Chain Gang with Johnny Cash is also a tasty track. Not forgetting the original of Bob Wills Is Still The King from Dreaming My Dreams. Plus that yell of "Willie !" after the first verse of Good Hearted Woman.

Some other crackers from Waylon would be Big D, Good Ol' Boys, I Still Believe, The Wurlitzer Prize, Waymore's Blues.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:26

dig Waylon's "Lonesome, Onry, & Mean", "Honky Tonk Heroes", "The Ramblin' Man", "Dreaming My Dreams", "This Time" & "Waylon Live" (expanded edition)....an awesome heartbreaker of a voice...R.I.P. Mr. Jennings

Date: February 13, 2012 23:29

Rollin' Stoner
dig Waylon's "Lonesome, Onry, & Mean", "Honky Tonk Heroes", "The Ramblin' Man", "Dreaming My Dreams", "This Time" & "Waylon Live" (expanded edition)....an awesome heartbreaker of a voice...R.I.P. Mr. Jennings

i love all of those albums too. do you have the 2 disc WAYLON LIVE or the expanded 1 disc version?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:32

And to think, if Waylon hadn't been such a nice guy and given the under-the-weather Big Bopper his seat on the plane, he would have died 53 years ago, and only have been known as Buddy Holly's bass player.

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 13, 2012 23:36

keefriffhard4life
Rollin' Stoner

i love all of those albums too. do you have the 2 disc WAYLON LIVE or the expanded 1 disc version?
Hey Keefriffhard4life....have the 2 disc expanded version...f.y.i. (in case you don't have it) to quote the back cover: "Expanded 42 track edition assembles the original album, nine songs set aside for the double set and 22 never-before-heard performances."

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 14, 2012 00:51

Waylon Jennings died?

Date: February 14, 2012 00:58

71Tele
Waylon Jennings died?

Yes, February 13th 2002. Complications from diabetes. He had one of his feet amputated a few months earlier.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: February 14, 2012 01:42

The movie, Crazy Heart, was loosly based on Waylon's life. They wanted to a complete bio flick on him, but the rights weren't available.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 14, 2012 02:18

If you had asked me, I would have guessed he was still alive.

Date: February 14, 2012 03:05

Rollin' Stoner
keefriffhard4life
Rollin' Stoner

Hey Keefriffhard4life....have the 2 disc expanded version...f.y.i. (in case you don't have it) to quote the back cover: "Expanded 42 track edition assembles the original album, nine songs set aside for the double set and 22 never-before-heard performances."

yes i have the 2 disc set

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: February 14, 2012 05:35

NoCode0680
And to think, if Waylon hadn't been such a nice guy and given the under-the-weather Big Bopper his seat on the plane, he would have died 53 years ago, and only have been known as Buddy Holly's bass player.
Waylon jokingly said to Buddy before the flight that he hoped his plane crashed.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: February 14, 2012 08:36

Are you aware of that Richard Wagner died this day 129 years ago?

2 1 2 0

Date: February 14, 2012 08:52

GumbootCloggeroo
NoCode0680
Waylon jokingly said to Buddy before the flight that he hoped his plane crashed.

I've heard that before, but I never knew if it was true until I recently saw an old interview where he mentioned it, and how it haunted him forever after that day. Buddy told him he hoped his bus froze up and broke down so Waylon told him he hoped his plane crashed. He certainly shouldn't have blamed himself, but when those are the last words you say to a friend (even if they were joking), and his plane does indeed crash within 10 miles of the airport, it's gotta make you feel like crap.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2012 09:23

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 14, 2012 09:46

............................. Waylon Jennings - Tommy Allsup - Buddy Holly.... Wisconsin 26 January 1959

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: February 14, 2012 10:31

memphiscats
The movie, Crazy Heart, was loosly based on Waylon's life. They wanted to a complete bio flick on him, but the rights weren't available.

thought also kris kristofferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1602
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home