Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: was very dissapointed, when I heard "beggars banquet" the first time , back in 68
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 24, 2012 07:56

soulsurvivor1
I always Loved This Record...Could You imagine if Jumping Jack Flash & Child of The Moon were put on this album? Person ally, I could do without JIG SAW PUZZLE This could have been one of the Stones Biggest Sellers of all time..Sympathy, Street Fighting Man, JJ Flash, No Expectations.. The Stones didn't do themselves any favors by excluding singles off many of their albums...19th Nervous Breakdown on Aftermath? FANTASTIC!
Or Perhaps the real Honky Tonk Women on Let It Bleed...
Just A Thought..

SOULSURVIVOR

Yes, I've always thought the same, but obviously that's not how the UK record market worked in those days. Too bad, as single sales very quickly disappeared but it's always the albums that keep selling through the years.

Well...until Itunes.

Re: was very dissapointed, when I heard "beggars banquet" the first time , back in 68
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 24, 2012 09:32

His Majesty
GravityBoy
compressors and limiters and all that carp.

Those things have already been used during it's production.

Yeah, but everything was recorded with just a few mikes back then, and you really had to experiment and have knowledge and experience to get a fantastic sound. and it was all analogue. Nowadays every band is recorded with 144 microphones, all placed direct, without any room sound, digitally, and compressed and limited to death.

There's these great stories from the Sun studio, recording big bands. If you wanted a better mix, the engineer would say 'can that gentleman with the grey suit and beard take one step back, the trumbone is too loud' -and these recordings still sound fabulous today.

Mathijs

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 24, 2012 14:01

The drums for an Amy Whinehouse track, I forget which one, maybe others too, were recorded with one mic. grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1305
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home