Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 22, 2012 15:52

l loved Mick's performance last night,but imo a 2 hr Stones show would be too much,at his age, just think if Mick, who is the one to take better care of himself,after one number was out of breath,the rest would drop dead on stage.If they to do some small shows,where they can pace themselves it may be doable,but a full Stadium show,l don't think so,although l hope l am wrong...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:01

Everybody's expecting Mick dancing, running, jumping and moving on stage for two hours. He's getting 70 next year and should slow down his performances. He's still got a huge charisma and stage presence, i.e. he hasn't necessarily to do all the performance moving but singing

Re: After watching Mick last night at The White House. Can you see another full tour?
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:05

One couldn't imagine a 3 month tour to follow Philadelphia 1981, but they did just fine once they got going for some weeks. I don't think Jagger is the problem for a 2012 tour. The problem is....someone else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 16:09 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:08

I think Jagger "left it all out on the field" in that White House song. I think he did what he probably thought people would want to see him do and that is sing (not lip syncing) while moving (Jagger strutting) around quite a bit, not many people really do that these days. I think giving it all in one song might have winded him (like a finale) more than if he knew he had a whole show more to do.... so I think if he wants to he can do a tour. I would never count this man out, that would be a losing bet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-22 16:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: February 22, 2012 16:32

Just watched on youtube Mick's performance at the White House, and I have to say he needs to retire! I felt uncomfortable watching it! Sorry lads if you don't like my opinion! Cheers!

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:38

He held a "formal speech" in front of the usa-president after one hot song and is 68 years old! What do you expect? His performance was very good, imo, and that´s the clue! I wouldn´t even care if they just performe 90 minutes ...

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:42

Gold Coast Slave Ship
Just watched on youtube Mick's performance at the White House, and I have to say he needs to retire! I felt uncomfortable watching it! Sorry lads if you don't like my opinion! Cheers!

well don't watch anymore, I thought he was brilliant

Date: February 22, 2012 16:44

Yeah, sigh.... I know the cool thing to do on IORR is bash Mick and Keith and The Stones and all the really cool people do that.... wow, arent they are sooooo cool..... as for me?

After a couple of listens to "Turn you loose" at the White House I am delighted,
I would like to have/hearmore. I loved the way Mick Jaggerized that song.

If you heard that in a mall, in a store or on someone's car radio, you would instantly know that was my Jagger, and he was sounding great!! And watching it again, I could almost see Jake and Elwood up there doing backflips with Mick.

After recently only having Mick's voice on that unlistenable Will.i.am crapfest, I am very happy to hear his voice on a song as it was meant to be (and that is NOT on a rap crapper).

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:47

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah, sigh.... I know the cool thing to do on IORR is bash Mick and Keith and The Stones and all the really cool people do that.... .

i blush

Date: February 22, 2012 16:48

LOL smiling smiley

Date: February 22, 2012 16:50

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:55

Jagger's performance was certainly fine, but it's instructive in terms of the ability of The Stones to tour as they once did and last did. Sorry to say, but Forget it. Can't happen.

He's totally winded after that one number. Yes, he put alot of energy into it, but it's telling none-the-less.

The Stones can certainly continue on if they want to, and I hope they do, in some form, even with a tour of sorts, but they may need to sit down, or at the very least, refrain from alot of physical activity. And, that tends to mean, forgoing larger venues and the big pay day, so we'll see.

I suppose another option is going with Taylor added, and letting Ronnie and Keith do a greater number of lead vocals on their songs, giving everyone a bit of time to pace themselves. That might go for the bass player if its Wyman (and Charlie too perhaps?), but again it's problematic as it cuts into the $$$$. Should be interesting to see what they decide to do (or not do).

Some new recordings would be nice of course....

Posted by: johnypar ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:57

Meise
Everybody's expecting Mick dancing, running, jumping and moving on stage for two hours. He's getting 70 next year and should slow down his performances. He's still got a huge charisma and stage presence, i.e. he hasn't necessarily to do all the performance moving but singing

I rather think that it's Mick who expect himself dancing, running, etc, more than everyone else.
yes, I agree that he should change the way of his performance

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 22, 2012 16:59

Erik_Snow
The problem is....someone else.

YES, too bad its the truth........

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:13

I thought he was inspiring. By the way, he is NOT 70 next birthday...don't rush it please! I've never seen Mick so tense...very nervous. When Buddy Guy broke a string and called for another guitar, the camera switched over to Mick, just about to join the band on stage and he looked stricken...he likes to be in control, and I certainly agree with that logic, but he did not simply roll with that miscue. After a minute, he calmed down. The point is that I think his nerves made him so out of breathe, and as someone mentioned, delivering a mini-speech right after his first, balls to the wall number didn't help!! I loved every minute of it because we got to see Mick doing something different, that stretched him a bit and he more than rose to the occasion. He was endearing to the President, that's for sure. They showed Obama during Mick's performance and he was beaming!! Also it was nice to see the respect shown to Mick by the other outstanding musicians....I wonder how that went down at the Richards' household...Mick playing so well outside of the Stones. It always seems folks want to criticize Mick for doing his own thing, even when
it's so spectacular like last nights' show..but it's perfectly fine when SOMEONE ELSE steps out of the Stones....
Back to the Stones ability to tour; Mick won't be the one that prevents a tour based on being in shape. He would certainly know exactly how to pace himself, when to run about, when to pause, maybe even sit. I think it would be refreshing to see him slow the pace down, really concentrate on singing...and I thought his voice was very strong last night. I was surprised someone said on another thread that he sounded hoarse....when?

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:22

Ya' have to respect the guy, bt man I got winded just watching him after the first song! But I gotta say he looked pretty good, though!

I LOVE THE STONES
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:27

Max'sKansasCity
Yeah, sigh.... I know the cool thing to do on IORR is bash Mick and Keith and The Stones

Cool ? Oddball is cool smiling smiley

MICK WAS GREAT

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:28

johnypar
Meise

I rather think that it's Mick who expect himself dancing, running, etc, more than everyone else.
yes, I agree that he should change the way of his performance

Ive said this the last year, and all i got is a lot of buckets of shite poured over me. he should act his age. Lat night proved it. Just sit on a stool like BB King and make beautifulmusic.
jeroen

Posted by: vincentwhirlwind ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:30

I thought so too, but a man that age could drop dead during a show like that!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:30

corriecas
all i got is a lot of buckets of shite poured over me

Sure hope you washed it off smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: February 22, 2012 17:32

corriecas, that's what I'm trying to say, too!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:37

I saw Tina Turner at 70 tearing it up. I am confident that Mick is her fitness equal.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:47

superrevvy
I've consulted with the oracle. Mick pretending to be so out of breath was him
throwing an olive branch to Keith, saying to us and the world, me and Keith
are gonna start growing old together again...

So sayeth the oracle.

(Past performance is no guarantee of future results)

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:53

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:58

mickschix
I wonder how that went down at the Richards' household...Mick playing so well outside of the Stones.

I'm pretty sure that was the Mick Keith likes the most. At least judging from Life and other interviews. Taking the blues and some of their heroes to the White House? I'm not american, but that's something, isn't it?

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: February 22, 2012 17:59

Max'sKansasCity
I think Jagger "left it all out on the field" in that White House song. I think he did what he probably thought people would want to see him do and that is sing (not lip syncing) while moving (Jagger strutting) around quite a bit, not many people really do that these days. I think giving it all in one song might have winded him (like a finale) more than if he knew he had a whole show more to do.... so I think if he wants to he can do a tour. I would never count this man out, that would be a losing bet.

Good points Max,l also though his performance was great,and if any of the Stones can, it would be Mick,but a full 2 hours show?,the rest of the band imo,couldn't do it for a lets say 3-6 months tour. Frankly l don't see a tour(as such) happening,maybe a show here and there if any.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 22, 2012 18:55

Who cares if Mick was winded, nervous or pickin his nose backsatge? He looked great with that red shirt and black strat and the music was good enough and as Max point out his singing was much improved! I loved it. Go Mick!!

Of course he can tour, he will pace himself to whatever his fitness level is. I think he was just caught off guard in an uncommon situation where he wasn't in complete control as the top cock on the block. I mean BB King was sitting in the front row. peace

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:01

He is almost 70 and can't do as much as he used to - quite usre about that.

But, before a tour he goes through an extensive fittness preparing program, where he runs several km a day, does several fitness exercises, singing lessons to be able to go through a longer show 2-4 times a week.

I guess that's not his condition right now.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:07

Small stage with a different crowd. I thought he did a good job.

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: February 22, 2012 19:07

Naysayers of Mick's performance are delusional and/or flat out ignorant about singing and dancing on stage. It's not a matter of opinion. He was in no way fatigued and, on the contrary, was clearly energetic and capable of doing much more. As noted by readers above, he opened with a high intensity number, immediately went to an approximately three-minute speech, then launched into another song requiring strong vocals. On the basis of this performance it appears Mick can easily handle another long tour.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1206
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home