Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Next from Stonesarchive? Maybe Madison Garden 1972?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: February 5, 2012 23:01

Maybe something on CD ? I'm royally annoyed that the concerts at Hampton and Brussels aren't on CD.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 5, 2012 23:10

tomcasagranda
Maybe something on CD ? I'm royally annoyed that the concerts at Hampton and Brussels aren't on CD.

i don't remember folks complaining back in the lp era when we had to make our own lps....

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 5, 2012 23:12

Gazza
LieB
albop
The next will be probably one of this :

My wishes in bold.
Toss the rest. smiling smiley

I confidently predict you're going to be very underwhelmed with most future releases !

I'm afraid you're right. I'll do my best to prepare myself for the worst (not the song).

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: February 6, 2012 02:08

Well how many shows are we expecting?

We know there will be 6 via Google/Stonesarchive as downloads
We also know that Eagle Rock got a contract for DVDs and possibly DVD/CD combos,does anybody know how many issues the Eagle deal is for.
I would have thought that a lot of the HBO shows that are well known might get an official release via EagleRock.
I also think that well known and loved Boots could benefit from official sanction,after all they must know which boots are well thought of by hard core fans,and therefore likely to be acceptable for a broader release.
There must be some sort of commercial thinking in these releases,there could even be a compilation of the downloads put out as a 50th Anniversary Souvenir set later in the year on CD.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 6, 2012 02:31

I will be sad if they don't release a Brian Jones era show, but given the very limited number of shows professionally recorded then it will be understandable if they don't.

Perhaps something from the 1965 and/or 1966 shows recorded by Glyn Johns can be released? I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get anything from that era.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: February 6, 2012 02:35

Anything better than the soundtrack from the Ladies and Gentlemen official release...the sound on that one simply sucked!

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 6, 2012 03:03

I would really like to know who is behind this project at all? Who's working on and for it.

Are the planned shows all fixed and settled already? Or will they wait and watch the fans response first and decide during the year.

Who sifts through the tapes and than decides at all? If any Stone is/was involved (I'd rather presume the likes of D.Was,etc), does he take the time to really go through lesser known old material and find the best useable? How much time and work are they prepared and willing to invest in this nice project at all?
I would like to know some more about all this.

Anyhow, - I'd for shure would love to do the dirty work . .

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 03:50

Hope for a official release of the best available sources of 60's shows, like

Australia 65
Olympia 65-67
Honolulu 67 (the great one)

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 6, 2012 05:41

My Guess is the '75 LA forum last show.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: February 6, 2012 06:07

I would guess the other PPV specials are out of the question because of having to work out permissions from guest artists. One also presumes they don't want to compete with official live albums on the market unless the set list is vastly different. STILL LIFE was not even half the set list in 1981 so that didn't preclude Hampton.

If this is truly an Official Bootleg Series, Oakland '69 would be a good guess except it would be the property of ABKCO, not Promotone and YA-YA'S Deluxe has virtually the same set list. Brian Jones era releases are also potentially complicated by ABKCO ownership issues. My guess would be Leeds '71, the lost '72 live LP, and LA '75 for the next release.

El Mocambo is a bit like the 100 Club in '86, it would be a Holy Grail for fans, but there isn't a famous soundboard bootleg to slightly upgrade and release for the series. I suspect New Orleans '94 and the radio broadcast from 98 (Oakland, I think) are better guesses to fill out my specualtion above especially since NO SECURITY is only available as a download and did not receive a 2009 remaster with the other live albums. While I enjoyed Austin '06 much better than the Beacon Theater shows, I don't expect we'll see any 21st Century shows in this series.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 6, 2012 10:37

Why the heck would you want these on a factory pressed CD? You would end up with half the releases at three times the price. Plus there would be more edits to fit stuff on the CD.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:37

My bet is on Leeds '71.

I'd much rather something we haven't heard before, but oh well ... Since it appears that the bootleg series is about "re-creating" the classic titles that have been around foe decades, my vote for the next one goes to Leeds '71.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:45

I really hope that El Mocambo will be one of the four - and should like Madison 72 or the lost 72 live album. I think it is likely that at least one of the next four is from Asia or Australia.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:55

I think 1967 Euro tour with BJ would be a chance ?

I personally think they will head back to 1969-72 era for their next pick...just to mix it up (and perhaps dont have anything worthwhile from the BJ era).

so, if my logic is correct smiling smiley, then perhaps one of these:
New York 1969
Altamont 69
Saville/Lyceum ballroom 1969
Paris 1970
Leeds 1971 (even though I'd much prefer something like Brighton '71)
Pittsburg 1972
Philly 1972
NY 1972

I doubt we'd get an Aussie/NZ 1973 show.

Have we worked out why/how the Brussels tracks were picked? and by whom?
Assuming Jagger picked the tracks, it would be because his was subjective about his vocals ?? and picked his "more perfect" vocal tracks? Because the 1st Brussels show mostly had slightly better performances IMO.

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:56

I forsee the pattern has not to be geographical, but more about "classic" status on the bootleg market.

So in other words - it has to be something we already know for years, with the ocassional treat here and there at best.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: February 6, 2012 11:58

Oakland '69, MSG '72, LA '75, El Machiato '77 would round the 2012 releases out for me nicely. I think they should aim to cover every tour, like the FTD series is aiming for with Elvis's live career from 69-77.

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 12:32

Eleanor Rigby
I think 1967 Euro tour with BJ would be a chance ?

I personally think they will head back to 1969-72 era for their next pick...just to mix it up (and perhaps dont have anything worthwhile from the BJ era).

so, if my logic is correct smiling smiley, then perhaps one of these:
New York 1969
Altamont 69
Saville/Lyceum ballroom 1969
Paris 1970
Leeds 1971 (even though I'd much prefer something like Brighton '71)
Pittsburg 1972
Philly 1972
NY 1972

I doubt we'd get an Aussie/NZ 1973 show.

Have we worked out why/how the Brussels tracks were picked? and by whom?
Assuming Jagger picked the tracks, it would be because his was subjective about his vocals ?? and picked his "more perfect" vocal tracks? Because the 1st Brussels show mostly had slightly better performances IMO.

BALTIMORE and LOS ANGELES 1969 should be GREAT !!!! I don't know for L.A but
sure for BALTIMORE ,Glyn Johns took Soundboard recording with the Mobile studio

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 13:06

Kuntaman
Any guesses about the next golden nugget from Stonesarchive? I would like any of the three concert's from Madison Square Garden 1972.They have just released Hampton 1981 with Ron Wood, and also Texas 1978 with Wood, so maybe the next will be with Taylor. Since Brussel 1973 is out, it MUST be 1972 next??

Somehow I doubt it. SGLIT wasn't really part of the bootleg series, so if you figure we got the '73 era, then the '81 era, I'm guessing the next release would showcase a different era. '72 might be too similar to '73 so...maybe something from '75 - '76? '69? Or a leap ahead to '89 on...? Oh well...what do I know?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 6, 2012 15:39

There's no shortage of great shows to release, that's for sure.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 6, 2012 19:12

RobertJohnson
Tumblin_Dice_07
RobertJohnson

All well known stuff, too. There are also quite good recordings from these shows. Of course it is possible, but I thought actually after Brussels (they took the most tracks from the afternoon show and not from the well known evening show, from which are the tracks of "our" Brussels) that they release anything unknown or anything what is poorly released on boots: Brian era (BBC?), '69 (Detroit e.g.), Mocambo of course, the ingenious Hartford show from '81 - what we've got now is a inferior version (with reference to VGP 270) of Hampton. I'm a little disappointed, to tell the truth.

I'm disappointed in comparison to how I felt over the Brussels release, which I thought was terrific. I'm happy to have Hampton '81 in official quality, but like you, and probably many others, I would have been more excited about something that we either hadn't heard, or was a tremendous upgrade in quality. But then again, we didn't get anything like this for a long, long time. So its' certainly better than nothin as far as I'm concerned.

Of course it is better than nothing. But referring to the sound I do not understand that the "boot people" have better ears and mixing competencies than Bob Clearmountain who could even use the master tapes.

Yeah I understand but I can't comment on that particular point as I don't have the VGP boot you speak of. The official Hampton is certainly an improvement over the recording that I have, but it's not a mind-boggling improvement.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2012 19:15

tomcasagranda

There won't be anything on CD.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: February 7, 2012 21:13

FWIW, I've never been particularly enamoured with Welcome to New York (apart from the cover maybe).

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 7, 2012 21:31

tomcasagranda

Damn, if only there was a way to somehow copy the files onto some kind of recordable compact disc? Has this technology been developed yet?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 7, 2012 21:34

xke38
FWIW, I've never been particularly enamoured with Welcome to New York (apart from the cover maybe).

i don't think anyone is supposed to be enamoured by it. it's rock'n'roll.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-07 22:11 by StonesTod.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: February 7, 2012 22:11

I would love to see/hear either:

Baltimore - 1969 or

Charlotte - 1972

MLC

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: February 7, 2012 23:44

that's my hope too - small club, modern era to provide balance to the other releases. Paradiso would be an excellent choice.

question: I've seen a couple references to "six" releases. Is that official? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

MrMonte

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: February 8, 2012 04:45

I don't want any shows with guest stars!

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: February 8, 2012 05:14

sundevil
stripped seems the best spot to place your bets. paradiso 1st night. or brixton.
what about south america '95 with dylan? ya know; hey bob, bootleg this!

Perhaps you're thinking of '98? BD did perform w/them in '95, but I believe only in France (and not a great performance at that).

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 8, 2012 05:19

Something from 67 would be nice.
But back to a full El Mocambo show, that would be stellar.

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 8, 2012 09:40

whitem8
Something from 67 would be nice.

Do you think that there are some decent stereo recordings from 1967 that could be released? As far as I know we only have mediocre recordings soundwise.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1687
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home