Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Next from Stonesarchive? Maybe Madison Garden 1972?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 8, 2012 12:38

Rocky Dijon
I would guess the other PPV specials are out of the question because of having to work out permissions from guest artists. One also presumes they don't want to compete with official live albums on the market unless the set list is vastly different. STILL LIFE was not even half the set list in 1981 so that didn't preclude Hampton.

If this is truly an Official Bootleg Series, Oakland '69 would be a good guess except it would be the property of ABKCO, not Promotone and YA-YA'S Deluxe has virtually the same set list. Brian Jones era releases are also potentially complicated by ABKCO ownership issues. My guess would be Leeds '71, the lost '72 live LP, and LA '75 for the next release.

El Mocambo is a bit like the 100 Club in '86, it would be a Holy Grail for fans, but there isn't a famous soundboard bootleg to slightly upgrade and release for the series. I suspect New Orleans '94 and the radio broadcast from 98 (Oakland, I think) are better guesses to fill out my specualtion above especially since NO SECURITY is only available as a download and did not receive a 2009 remaster with the other live albums. While I enjoyed Austin '06 much better than the Beacon Theater shows, I don't expect we'll see any 21st Century shows in this series.

Rocky, nice to see that you have gotten your identity back.

My hunch is rather similar to yours. LEEDS 71, The lost album of 1972, and LA FORUM 1975 sound logical choices given the reasons you offered. I think they will include one 'modern era' show just to balance a bit the big picture (and they most probably have a lot of high quality material for that. My guess would be something from NO SECURITY tour.

Of course, it is a shame if Brian Jones era is not covered at all, but given all the reasons - besides the very lack of decent material - what one can do? Well, I guess sending dead flowers to Allan Klein's grave.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-08 12:39 by Doxa.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: February 8, 2012 19:45

Tumblin_Dice_07
RobertJohnson
Tumblin_Dice_07
RobertJohnson

All well known stuff, too. There are also quite good recordings from these shows. Of course it is possible, but I thought actually after Brussels (they took the most tracks from the afternoon show and not from the well known evening show, from which are the tracks of "our" Brussels) that they release anything unknown or anything what is poorly released on boots: Brian era (BBC?), '69 (Detroit e.g.), Mocambo of course, the ingenious Hartford show from '81 - what we've got now is a inferior version (with reference to VGP 270) of Hampton. I'm a little disappointed, to tell the truth.

I'm disappointed in comparison to how I felt over the Brussels release, which I thought was terrific. I'm happy to have Hampton '81 in official quality, but like you, and probably many others, I would have been more excited about something that we either hadn't heard, or was a tremendous upgrade in quality. But then again, we didn't get anything like this for a long, long time. So its' certainly better than nothin as far as I'm concerned.

Of course it is better than nothing. But referring to the sound I do not understand that the "boot people" have better ears and mixing competencies than Bob Clearmountain who could even use the master tapes.

Yeah I understand but I can't comment on that particular point as I don't have the VGP boot you speak of. The official Hampton is certainly an improvement over the recording that I have, but it's not a mind-boggling improvement.

Yes, unfortunately our great UrbanSteel has deleted all files due to CIA, FBI and Doris Day. Otherwise you could download VGP 270 (this is the better version than the Swinging Pig edition) from his side.

Posted by: nomis ()
Date: February 8, 2012 20:24

Doxa
My hunch is rather similar to yours. LEEDS 71, The lost album of 1972, and LA FORUM 1975 sound logical choices given the reasons you offered. I think they will include one 'modern era' show just to balance a bit the big picture (and they most probably have a lot of high quality material for that. My guess would be something from NO SECURITY tour.

Of course, it is a shame if Brian Jones era is not covered at all, but given all the reasons - besides the very lack of decent material - what one can do? Well, I guess sending dead flowers to Allan Klein's grave.
- Doxa

I think I'd most like the "lost album of 72" simply because I've been hearing of it for 40 years and want to hear the darn thing... plus it has a lot of promise as a great listen. I've got the boot of Leads 71 and it would be great to hear in better quality (stereo).

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 9, 2012 01:19

MrMonte

question: I've seen a couple references to "six" releases. Is that official? I don't recall seeing that anywhere.

MrMonte

yes it's official. When they released the 1st Bootleg Series show (Brussels), they announced that there would be 6 of them, released over the course of the next year. We'll probably get one roughly every couple months.

Some people think this will continue beyond this year and the 6 releases promised. I hope it does, but that may depend on how the first 6 sell.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 9, 2012 21:39

Not shure.
Didn't they say 5-6?

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 9, 2012 22:12

CousinC
Not shure.
Didn't they say 5-6?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: February 10, 2012 00:08

i do not care for the ron wood years. disco, horn-tootin', synthesizers, that weaving thing -- it all adds up to a bad experience.

i can only listen to the pre-1974 lps and recall the old days. that show at the roundhouse is burned into my mind.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: February 10, 2012 18:07

MILKYWAY
disco, horn-tootin', synthesizers, that weaving thing -- it all adds up to a bad experience.

grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 10, 2012 18:32

We still need a real "good experience" from the 72 tour as the L&G audio wasn't that great.A release of the remixed/reworked tapes from Philly or New York would be the real cracker. Just had another listen to Philly and Mobile. That tour was so good . .

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1461
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home