Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:42

He is now in the newgroups !!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:43

StonesTod
Mathijs
And I think Keith's best solo ever is on Hang Fire.

Mathijs

let us know when you return to earth...probably sometime next week, after the adrenaline wears off....or something.

NO! Not before I tell you that after listening to this version of Miss You I NEVER want to hear another Miss You. NEVER!

Mathijs.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:44

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Anyone ever figure out which show they snipped the ending of LSTNT on for this one for Still Life?

Er...because Charlie missed the ending?

Mathijs

Yessssss. It's obviously from another show. There's never been anything said about it anywhere? It sounds like they left the everything but the drums from that performance and edited in the hi-hat flare and then the BISH from the China crash and Keith's little doinky lick that's not from this show at all is probably a entirely clean edit.

Not from another show, they just clipped Charlie's ending off.

Mathijs

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:44

In this case I would say buy the d$mn thing. Only a few bucks. Let's all support this as fans.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:45

Mathijs
StonesTod
Mathijs

Mathijs

let us know when you return to earth...probably sometime next week, after the adrenaline wears off....or something.

NO! Not before I tell you that after listening to this version of Miss You I NEVER want to hear another Miss You. NEVER!

Mathijs.

ok. but you're only joining the parade of fans who never wanted to hear any version of miss you again. and i thought you were a pioneer or something....

Date: February 1, 2012 22:46

StonesTod
Mathijs
StonesTod
Mathijs

Mathijs

Mathijs.

ok. but you're only joining the parade of fans who never wanted to hear any version of miss you again. and i thought you were a pioneer or something....

Mmm....well, there's a too loud cow bell in HTW. I thought you can never have enough cow bell, but I was wrong.

Mathijs

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:48

barbabang
In this case I would say buy the d$mn thing. Only a few bucks. Let's all support this as fans.

I did, and sent my bucks. But couldn't get the stuff. Call it charity.

- Doxa

Date: February 1, 2012 22:50

Just noticed the artwork of this release -they again airbrushed Billy Wymon out of it!

Mathijs

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 22:53

Justin
StonesTod
Justin
Tumblin_Dice_07
I know I'm late to the discussion but I gotta say, I'm really disappointed. I mean, I'll buy it, and I'll enjoy it. I'm happy for whatever we get, but I would have been a helluva lot more happier if it had been a '75 show.

Wish they would have at least given us a few songs from the 12/19/81 show. And also, this release sort of blows the whole thing open, at least from my point of view. Logically, I thought they might have stayed away from releasing anything from a tour that was already represented by an official live release. But apparently that doesn't play into it. So in that case, we could possibly see something from '72 (Philly maybe?), something else from '78 (all those great KBFH broadcasts), something from Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle (Atlantic City '89 or London '90), and so on.....

Still crossing my fingers for something from '70 and/or '71 but who knows...

Just can't help being a bit disappointed after all the waiting and guessing and build-up. Still happy to have it, but man oh man...what could have been...

Who do we have to blame for that?

It's a lose-lose. We come to this board, begin to speculate and discuss each possible title and we all get attached to our own hopes. We were all sure it was going to be El Muchacho '77 last week but here we are...not even close. If people continue on this way for every release in the future---this whole thing can be viewed as a dissapointment.

In the end, I'm not sure what the griping is about....do any of you have this recording in equal or better quality than this Bob Clearmountain remixed recording?? If so, then go ahead and crap on this release. Some of you are acting like this is a straight up re-issue of something we already bought before. Hamtpon '81 has just been officially released...let's remember that.

are we being instructed on proper behavior and attitude? if so...i have a question for the instructor....

I'm just suggesting that the weak-hearted bow out of participating in all the speculating hoopla if they can't handle the "dissapointment" if their wish doesn't come true in the end.

Oh come on man...."weak-hearted"? "Cant handle the disappointment"?

Yeah, I'm disappointed that it's Hampton '81 and not something unheard, but I'm happy we've got Hampton '81 as an official release. I would have prefered alot of other shows, but I certainly prefer this one to a remixed or expanded Still Life, or worse yet, something from ABB. I did say that I would buy it and enjoy it, but I guess you missed that part of my post.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:56

Mathijs
Just noticed the artwork of this release -they again airbrushed Billy Wymon out of it!

Mathijs

Only a matter of time before a member with photoshop let Whymon reappear in the artwork.

Date: February 1, 2012 22:56

Mathijs
StonesTod
Mathijs
StonesTod
Mathijs

Mathijs

Mathijs.

Mmm....well, there's a too loud cow bell in HTW. I thought you can never have enough cow bell, but I was wrong.

Mathijs

true...and the proof is best exhibited if you ever have been to a blue oyster cult concert...

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: February 1, 2012 23:10

Mathijs

Mathijs

nope, he's in there, Mick is not in the group, he is separately as that liz taylor drag.

Date: February 1, 2012 23:14

Lorenz
Mathijs

Mathijs

nope, he's in there, Mick is not in the group, he is separately as that liz taylor drag.

You're right -Billy Woman is on the left!

Mathijs

Date: February 1, 2012 23:23

Bill Wyman. Let It Bleed. I'm not worthy I'm not worthy!

Bill Wyman and his Rolling Stones roll over Hampton

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 23:24 by barbabang.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 1, 2012 23:30

ironbelly
GetYerAngie
I have been downloading it twice now (and paid twice) - but can't find the FLAC-files anywhere on the computer. What a drag.

If you are under Windows 7 the files should be saved in My Documents/Music/Rolling Stones

Otherwise, just run search for Hampton.

Yes, I did try that. But still no trace of it.

Date: February 1, 2012 23:31

GetYerAngie
ironbelly
GetYerAngie
I have been downloading it twice now (and paid twice) - but can't find the FLAC-files anywhere on the computer. What a drag.

If you are under Windows 7 the files should be saved in My Documents/Music/Rolling Stones

Otherwise, just run search for Hampton.

Yes, I did try that. But still no trace of it.

give me your IP address and I'll remotely login to your pc and have a look-see....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 23:34 by StonesTod.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 1, 2012 23:33

Nice artwork,it's made from a concert poster

Nov 30, Dec 1, 1981
Pontiac Silver Dome.
Pontiac, MI

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 23:37

So no one has made a tray liner yet?

Posted by: keith56 ()

Gazza
keith56
Hampton 81 , what a bad choice, it's the same shows that we have in the
Hal Ashby movie" Let's spend the night together" and in the Swingin' Pigs boxes
ref tsp cd 100.2.

Think you might need to re-think that a bit.
I just get it and mea culpa GAZZA you were wright , Jagger was good in this show,and if the 1981 tour is not my taste, it's a good show...

Posted by: Braincapers ()

barbabang

I'm doing it now. FLAC downloading as I type.

Date: February 1, 2012 23:38

tkl7
So no one has made a tray liner yet?

if i owned a cat, i would have...

Posted by: redsock ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:16

Bought it, and am wondering why they failed to provide even minimal art work.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:25

did you have some complete artwork?

:-)

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:33

20 pages ugh.... does anyone know if micks comments between songs are cut?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:34

I'm working on a cover although I haven't downloaded it yet!
It obviously spreads across two CDs so where you all ending disc 1 and starting disc 2?

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: February 2, 2012 01:35

Gazza
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Ah, was looking at the other Hampton thread and Gazza posted this!

The only Hampton 18/12/81 songs that are on Still Life are Lets Spend The Night Together, Shattered and Time Is On My Side.

The Still Life version of Just My Imagination comes from the following night's show at the same venue. Although they chopped about four minutes from it.

I'm having issues with finding the sites that have this info. Thanks Gazza.

Date: February 2, 2012 01:38

Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Mathijs
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Anyone ever figure out which show they snipped the ending of LSTNT on for this one for Still Life?

Er...because Charlie missed the ending?

Mathijs

Yessssss. It's obviously from another show. There's never been anything said about it anywhere? It sounds like they left the everything but the drums from that performance and edited in the hi-hat flare and then the BISH from the China crash and Keith's little doinky lick that's not from this show at all is probably a entirely clean edit.

Not from another show, they just clipped Charlie's ending off.

Mathijs

Holy shit. You're right! They just took out where he kept playing and cropped it. But where the hell does Keith's little squiggle lick come from?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:40

Deltics
I'm working on a cover although I haven't downloaded it yet!
It obviously spreads across two CDs so where you all ending disc 1 and starting disc 2?

I would have disc 2 starting with Let It Bleed. Then it makes both discs with approximatively the same length.

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:41

Slick
20 pages ugh.... does anyone know if micks comments between songs are cut?

at least audience noise is cut out between songs, didnt check micks talking yet.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 2, 2012 01:44

Just brilliant. That band, that sound. The first run - now "Waitin' On A Friend"...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-02 01:45 by Doxa.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1516171819202122232425...LastNext
Current Page: 20 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1086
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home