Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:12

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:21

"their children will have a paycheck"

They should have to work for it...

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:23

I noticed that too. I also went to Stonesarchive.com and it's not listed. That's really weird, isn't it? For Brussels it was non-stop promo.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:38

Is it for outside the USA somewhere available...... ;-)

Posted by: steini ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:43

It´s getting a bit boring why the Rolling Stones corporation
must heve to discriminate people from where they happen to live. Also beginning to need a lot of hard work and effort from they´re team to do it on the internet of all of things.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:45

why would you get this unless you dont have it? utterly unimportant IMO

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:46

melillo

I don't know...for the far superior mix?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:48

NoCode0680
GumbootCloggeroo
I've lived my entire life in Toronto, I don't feel disrespected and ignored. I'm not disappointed. Life goes on!

Hell, you guys have been waiting almost 50 years for a Stanley Cup. Waiting a day or so for a Stones bootleg should be a piece of cake.

19 years acutally (Montreal '93).
Still... we've tasted more gold than any other in the world for olympics hockey, including the last three. Kinds different than having Canadian players win your Stanleys for ya winking smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:50

tkl7
melillo

i dunno. i think mick's superior on the boot....

Date: January 31, 2012 23:53

yeah but you already have it in outstanding quality as it is

Date: January 31, 2012 23:56

[
tkl7
melillo

it already has a superior mix, at least the 73 boot was a different show

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:03

jamesfdouglas
NoCode0680
GumbootCloggeroo
I've lived my entire life in Toronto, I don't feel disrespected and ignored. I'm not disappointed. Life goes on!

Hell, you guys have been waiting almost 50 years for a Stanley Cup. Waiting a day or so for a Stones bootleg should be a piece of cake.

Still... we've tasted more gold than any other in the world for olympics hockey, including the last three. Kinds different than having Canadian players win your Stanleys for ya winking smiley

I was talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs, not whether a Canadian team in general won a Stanley Cup. And Canada hasn't won the last three Olympic gold medals. Sweden won in '06, Canada didn't medal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 00:06 by NoCode0680.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:27

I bought the 3LP American Tour 81 boot in early 82 and over the next 6 or 7 years came to believe that it was the definitive document of the end of the Stones.
By '88 even a hopeless Stones romantic like me thought it was all over...........it never quite worked out that way,I know,but over that time I kind of hard wired this show into my brain like no other.
Yes I did want something else from the vaults and had a little grown when I heard "Hampton" today,but if this is a superb Bob Clearmountain remix of one of their greatest gigs.......bring it on !

sc uk

Posted by: tumblingdice ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:42

Sounds great to me and is one of the shows that really shows how they sounded then instead of Still Life or the Ashby film. great guitars, great mix, great show.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:53

If Bob Clearmountain's cleared the sound up, release the DVD!
I felt a bit gutted when I heard it was Hampton but of all the boots I've ever had, ive played/watched this one the most. When all's said and done, I'm sure this boot series will be released on discs and I look forward to that.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 1, 2012 00:58

Max'sKansasCity
What has it come to when bitching is ok, but bitching about is not.... a world gone mad... only one thing to do

Now, THAT would be a release I would be excited about.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 1, 2012 01:02

Gazza
71Tele
Boring choice imo, as this tour has been amply documented in official releases already. Thumbs down.

Amply?

A 45 minute heavily edited album and a movie where the songs have been butchered to f**k to the extent where one of the few watchable moments of the entire 90 minutes is a helicopter shot of the stadium.

Compare that to a full-length remixed show clocking in at two and a quarter hours. All for the price of a half decent coffee.

For the first time ever, the Stones have sanctioned the release of a unedited show from start to finish.

That'll do me.

Well, seems you're the glass half-full sort. No harm in that. I had just hoped for a more interesting release after the glory of Brussels. This is just way down on the excitement meter for me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 1, 2012 01:42

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Isnt this show is all on film/tape too? Maybe they will do a "pair up" release with full blown video to go with the audio?... maybe?... possibly?... would that cheer up some of the grumpy grannys?

yes, no and probably not!

Why do you so quickly say/think they wouldnt want to give this to the Eagle Rock people and let them do a DVD release? If the whole show is there, it would be great AWESOME!!!! and give us 1981 in an unedited (not LSTNT, which people seem to hate)(I like it mainly for the ragged edges of the performance, which would still be there on this release, without speeded up guitarsand choppy editing).

Why do you think no?

I'd like to believe that maybe Hampton is a possibility for a future Eagle Rock release (they mentioned a year or two ago that they intended to put out two a year) but its not going to happen at the moment.

There doesn't appear to be any DVD tie-in with the stones archive releases. If there was, I think we'd have heard about it by now as Eagle Rock's plans tend to be well announced in advance.

And you know as well as I do that if they did choose to release it, instead of cheering people up, the complaining would be doubled because not only do 'we' own it on a bootleg DVD but they've now already gone and issued the audio document of it officially.

Date: February 1, 2012 01:48

71Tele
Gazza
71Tele
Boring choice imo, as this tour has been amply documented in official releases already. Thumbs down.

Amply?

A 45 minute heavily edited album and a movie where the songs have been butchered to f**k to the extent where one of the few watchable moments of the entire 90 minutes is a helicopter shot of the stadium.

Compare that to a full-length remixed show clocking in at two and a quarter hours. All for the price of a half decent coffee.

For the first time ever, the Stones have sanctioned the release of a unedited show from start to finish.

That'll do me.

Well, seems you're the glass half-full sort. No harm in that. I had just hoped for a more interesting release after the glory of Brussels. This is just way down on the excitement meter for me.

i'm a glass 1/10 full sort...but it's okay as long as there's laphroaig in it...

Posted by: coffeepotman ()
Date: February 1, 2012 01:49

Munichhilton
midnrambler
Munichhilton
The gap between HTW and BS:

Bummer

Congratulations! You have just discovered an inevitable characteristic of an mp3 file! The compressing process creates these, if you want it or not. If you show me an mp3 file with no silence at the beginning and end I pay you $100.000.smiling smiley

Agreed. And I appreciate the congrats...it may be the only one I get.
The difference here kurt is that these gaps are much bigger and therefore much more noticeable.

If I started with a wav or flac version of this, and converted to MP3 myself they would be FAR FAR less noticeable than they are on this recording (and Brussels as well). I do that regularly for listening...

I would love that $100,000 though I cannot claim it.

I've got the gaps too but not on all of the songs. The first 7 are seamless then a gap into 20 flight rock and gaps with all the rest.

Date: February 1, 2012 01:56

stupidguy2
Gazza
71Tele

Amply?

That'll do me.

That period has been accessible since 1981....to anyone who gives a shit.

I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about it, Ill just wait for the next release...so what's with all the bitching about bitching? Not you Gazza, but some here seem so offended when some of us express disappointment over anything.
What is this? The Kennedy Family forum and we're not supposed to talk about Mary Jo, drugs, sexual indiscretions?
Jeez...bunch of nilly-willies.

I know, but taking that line of thought to it's logical conclusion, they may as well not release anything after about..oh, 1967 - because pretty much every tour has been heavily bootlegged since, and in almost all cases (1970 being the only exception I think) there's a definitive audio and/or visual document available which represents that tour.

I dont think its worth getting worked up about. They never said or even hinted that we'd be getting material that hasn't circulated. They also never said or hinted that they'd release El Mocambo, so the outrage by some that it's NOT that show is nonsensical. They've also said they'd release 5 or 6 of these over the next year - so why the haste by some to condemn the whole exercise as a waste of time or complain that a certain tour has been overlooked when there are still several more releases to come?

Like a lot of collectors, I would expect that these releases will be more or less stuff that I already own. The only two criteria I can then realistically demand of the project is a) is it good value for money and b) have they made the effort to make the sound better than what we have.

The answer on both appears to be yes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 01:57 by Gazza.

Date: February 1, 2012 01:58

Gazza
stupidguy2
Gazza
71Tele

Amply?

That'll do me.

That period has been accessible since 1981....to anyone who gives a shit.

I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about it, Ill just wait for the next release...so what's with all the bitching about bitching? Not you Gazza, but some here seem so offended when some of us express disappointment over anything.
What is this? The Kennedy Family forum and we're not supposed to talk about Mary Jo, drugs, sexual indiscretions?
Jeez...bunch of nilly-willies.

I know, but taking that line of thought to it's logical conclusion, they may as well not release anything after about..oh, 1967 - because pretty much every tour has been heavily bootlegged since, and in almost all cases (1970 being the only exception I think) there's a definitive audio and/or visual document available which represents that tour.

I dont think its worth getting worked up about. They never said or even hinted that we'd be getting material that hasn't circulated. They also never said or hinted that they'd release El Mocambo, so the outrage by some that it's NOT that show is nonsensical. They've also said they'd release 5 or 6 of these over the next year - so why the haste by some to condemn the whole exercise as a waste of time or complain that a certain tour has been overlooked when there are still several more releases to come?

Like a lot of collectors, I would expect that these releases will be more or less stuff that I already own. The only two criteria I can then realistically demand of the project is a) is it good value for money and b) have they made the effort to make the sound better than what we have.

The answer on both appears to be yes.

why didn't you just tell us in the first place that the stones hired you to promote these releases?

Date: February 1, 2012 02:00

71Tele
Gazza
71Tele

Amply?

That'll do me.

Well, seems you're the glass half-full sort. No harm in that. I had just hoped for a more interesting release after the glory of Brussels. This is just way
down on the excitement meter for me.

Brussels wasnt going to be topped for the simple reason that there was NO advance notice of it.

Once they announced that there were going to be several releases, then people start anticipating and speculating to absurd levels. Which only leads to being underwhelmed when they DO release anything.

Date: February 1, 2012 02:03

Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
71Tele

Amply?

That'll do me.

Well, seems you're the glass half-full sort. No harm in that. I had just hoped for a more interesting release after the glory of Brussels. This is just way
down on the excitement meter for me.

Brussels wasnt going to be topped for the simple reason that there was NO advance notice of it.

Once they announced that there were going to be several releases, then people start anticipating and speculating to absurd levels. Which only leads to being underwhelmed when they DO release anything.

i think it's fair to say we'd all be overwhelmed if and when they release the vaunted 3rd mocambo show...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:08

Max'sKansasCity
I dont think there was any meaningful footage of Brussels... so to compare these 2 it is kind of apples and oranges. I am looking for a legit reason they wouldnt do it, not a trend.

You can ignore the trend all you want but it's there. The DVD release started from the other end... first came the Stones announcing the Some Girls Deluxe package, then came Eagle Rock announcing the DVD and then later came the Stones releasing Brussels.

Here we have Hampton released and no word on a Tattoo You Deluxe Edition or Eagle Rock making a bid to release the video on DVD.

Sure there wasn't any Brussels footage to release but why then didn't they give the Ft. Worth audio to stonesarchive to release then? Or at least release ANOTHER '78 show if there was such a connection between the two entities? It may be apples and oranges but it's still fruit we're talking about. It's all Rolling Stones. If they were all working under the same process--you would've seen a straight correlation across the three releases. It's clear that the stonesarchive site has their own agenda and the Eagle Rock and Universal have their own...with no evident tie in.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:20

Whether 'you're' excited/pleased with this release or not ...it's not like - from what I've heard anyway - it's the last one and the vaults are now closed ...so what the hell ?.............from the short reviews I've read so far it's another brilliantly mixed Stones show to add to the collection and play whenever the mood takes you...win win...............

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 02:41 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:33

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-02-01 02:34 by Stones Blah.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:35

I misread that as well. Eddie was saying that it's not like it would be the last one and not that it is the last one...which is what it looks like at a quick glance.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:38

NoCode0680
jamesfdouglas
NoCode0680
GumbootCloggeroo

I was talking about the Toronto Maple Leafs, not whether a Canadian team in general won a Stanley Cup. And Canada hasn't won the last three Olympic gold medals. Sweden won in '06, Canada didn't medal.

You're right about '06, my bad. But what makes you think I live in Toronto??

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: February 1, 2012 02:42

Too bad they left 'Take the A Train' out.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1132
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home