Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 27
Re: Well the wait's over - new Bootleg: Hampton 81
Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:02

Wow. Um...no. Your incredibly simplistic worldview doesn't pertain to everyone else. Thankfully.

Nonetheless, an in-depth critique of Hampton '81 by someone with your impressive knowledge of the band would be greatly appreciated. Merely bashing the existence of the release itself, however, is not.

Date: January 31, 2012 22:03

Can we all just hug?

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:05

It's better than nothing

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:05

StonesTod
Erik_Snow
vermontoffender
but I don't care because I DIDN'T GET WHAT I WANTED and that is all that matters.

But isn't that the only thing that counts here? What oneself want to hear

One can only be *that* happy on behalf of those that still haven't heard Hampton via boot.

quite true. and we all know that being "happy that" really sucks compared to being just plain "happy." thanks for pointing out that very important distinction. i might add that the same holds true for being "sad that" and other similar emotions that aren't felt on a more inner-personal level.

Indeed, that! Also the sad-part.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:13

vermontoffender
Wow. Um...no. Your incredibly simplistic worldview doesn't pertain to everyone else. Thankfully.

Nonetheless, an in-depth critique of Hampton '81 by someone with your impressive knowledge of the band would be greatly appreciated. Merely bashing the existence of the release itself, however, is not.

but i already did the critique 30 years ago...even submitted it as an undergraduate term paper. Got a B+. now, we've turned the page...moved on...and it's time for existence-bashing.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:14

Gazza
71Tele
Boring choice imo, as this tour has been amply documented in official releases already. Thumbs down.

Amply?

A 45 minute heavily edited album and a movie where the songs have been butchered to f**k to the extent where one of the few watchable moments of the entire 90 minutes is a helicopter shot of the stadium.

Compare that to a full-length remixed show clocking in at two and a quarter hours. All for the price of a half decent coffee.

For the first time ever, the Stones have sanctioned the release of a unedited show from start to finish.

That'll do me.

That period has been accessible since 1981....to anyone who gives a shit.

I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about it, Ill just wait for the next release...so what's with all the bitching about bitching? Not you Gazza, but some here seem so offended when some of us express disappointment over anything.
What is this? The Kennedy Family forum and we're not supposed to talk about Mary Jo, drugs, sexual indiscretions?
Jeez...bunch of nilly-willies.

GOO
It's better than nothing

let's see. yesterday we had nothing. today we have nothing plus this. hmmm...it's a very close call.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()

Interesting that after all the stupid hints (e.g. "cracker"... wtf was that hint about anyway?) on twitter..... today there is not a word about the release... unless I missed something

Date: January 31, 2012 22:17

stupidguy2
Gazza
71Tele
Boring choice imo, as this tour has been amply documented in official releases already. Thumbs down.

Amply?

A 45 minute heavily edited album and a movie where the songs have been butchered to f**k to the extent where one of the few watchable moments of the entire 90 minutes is a helicopter shot of the stadium.

Compare that to a full-length remixed show clocking in at two and a quarter hours. All for the price of a half decent coffee.

For the first time ever, the Stones have sanctioned the release of a unedited show from start to finish.

That'll do me.

That period has been accessible since 1981....to anyone who gives a shit.

I'm not spending a lot of time thinking about it, Ill just wait for the next release...so what's with all the bitching about bitching? Not you Gazza, but some here seem so offended when some of us express disappointment over anything.
What is this? The Kennedy Family forum and we're not supposed to talk about Mary Jo, drugs, sexual indiscretions?
Jeez...bunch of nilly-willies.

amen to that. the bitching is all good. it's the bitching about the bitching that really irritates. sometimes you have to read the posts very slowly to know what the bitching is about, though...and that's the most irritating thing of all.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:17

Its a bigger leap forward in years than I was expecting but I'll take it. I hope they go back in the other direction for the next one.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:18

I for one welcome the Hampton announcement. Now sit back and enjoy Hampton in all its HD glory...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 22:18 by Father Ted.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:18

Excellent. The whiners have united. Enjoy!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:19

What has it come to when bitching is ok, but bitching about is not.... a world gone mad... only one thing to do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 22:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: January 31, 2012 22:20

vermontoffender

we've been organized for years. guests are welcome at our weekly groaning sessions, held the third tuesday of the month.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:21

Not available in my country from that link.
Not anywhere on the stones' achive page (still only brussels stuff).

[www.wolfgangsvault.com]

Guess I'll pass since I can hear it here anytime...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:25

StonesTod
vermontoffender

we've been organized for years. guests are welcome at our weekly groaning sessions, held the third tuesday of the month.

Ughh.. Why Tuesday?? I really wanted it on Thursday!! boooooo

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:27

StonesTod
vermontoffender

Will wine be served with our whine?

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:29

LeonidP
NoCode0680
...Because I'm totally confused why you have gaps and I have none. And I'm not deaf, and I've listened as hard as I can, and mine just plays seamlessly. And I wouldn't want gaps either.

Don't feel like backtracking in the thread but I'll take a guess - like me, he probably got Brussels as mp3. You probably got it as flac or wave. And they likely converted their flac to mp3 with gaps - so yours would not have them and we would.

No, I bought both albums as mp3 from Google Music.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:30

I was very disappointed that our neighbors to the North were so disrespectfully ignored. TorontoMocambo will still be good when it comes out...there is no 'pattern' here.

That being said, all of us who have already done everything we could ever dream of with every track from this release will be shocked and pleased at the work of Bob Clearmountain. That guy just gets it and essentially made a total lost opportunity for collector's into something worth $0.01 up to say $9.01, depending on your exchange rate.

Date: January 31, 2012 22:31

StonesTod
vermontoffender

I thought it was the third month with a Tuesday? Why do you guys keep changing it....do you just not want my special style of wine?

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:33

I've lived my entire life in Toronto, I don't feel disrespected and ignored. I'm not disappointed. Life goes on!

Date: January 31, 2012 22:35

GumbootCloggeroo
I've lived my entire life in Toronto, I don't feel disrespected and ignored. I'm not disappointed. Life goes on!

Hell, you guys have been waiting almost 50 years for a Stanley Cup. Waiting a day or so for a Stones bootleg should be a piece of cake.

Date: January 31, 2012 22:38

Munichhilton

Yeah. I believe yours is seamless...but I don't understand why.
I downloaded both ways just to check. Testing it in TLH it says that 34 frames have been added to each track. Convert to Wav...fix sector boundary errors and fix N Sector by 'shift forward' and it still has pops. The only thing I haven't done is play it on iTunes as I don't have iTunes. Also interesting is this...in the Google Music player online where I purchased it, HTW is 2:43 and after download its 2:42...plus the gaps are bigger in their player

I don't know whats going on.
I have lost interest in trying to fix it anymore.

and now the positive note:
What a great mix!

I just listened to it on Google Music, and yeah there are gaps there. Maybe you should try using iTunes, maybe the reason mine has no gaps is because iTunes does that "gapless playback" thing or whatever. I don't know if that's why, but no gaps there when I listen. And it doesn't have them on the CD I burned with iTunes.

Date: January 31, 2012 22:43

GumbootCloggeroo

That settles it! Dammit Glimmer Twins see what you've caused?

Date: January 31, 2012 22:45

NoCode0680
Munichhilton

Yeah. I believe yours is seamless...but I don't understand why.
I downloaded both ways just to check. Testing it in TLH it says that 34 frames have been added to each track. Convert to Wav...fix sector boundary errors and fix N Sector by 'shift forward' and it still has pops. The only thing I haven't done is play it on iTunes as I don't have iTunes. Also interesting is this...in the Google Music player online where I purchased it, HTW is 2:43 and after download its 2:42...plus the gaps are bigger in their player

I don't know whats going on.
I have lost interest in trying to fix it anymore.

and now the positive note:
What a great mix!

I just listened to it on Google Music, and yeah there are gaps there. Maybe you should try using iTunes, maybe the reason mine has no gaps is because iTunes does that "gapless playback" thing or whatever. I don't know if that's why, but no gaps there when I listen. And it doesn't have them on the CD I burned with iTunes.

Excellent
That's the key....burn to CD with iTunes and then re-rip.
That's a good workaround, although a shame to have to do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-31 22:46 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:55

No gaps on my cdr that I burned from iTunes

Posted by: keith56 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:55

Yeah man you're right their best tour are 69 .70.72.73
They never play better since this time....Of course Little TAYLOR

Posted by: plqmule ()
Date: January 31, 2012 22:58

Date: January 31, 2012 23:01

plqmule
samples

[market.android.com]

Good, they put the proper artwork up. I wasn't crazy about the black and white photo of Mick and was hoping that wasn't the actual artwork. Glad they have a theme going.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 31, 2012 23:08

GOO
No gaps on my cdr that I burned from iTunes

Gaps are for chicks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1654
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home