Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
BOOTLEG ALERT - The Info You Want (Or Not?)
Posted by: 18thDec1943 ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:51

New thread because this is the info:

BOOTLEG ALERT Charlie & @bill_wyman joined the Stones 49 yrs ago today. The very rhythm section on the upcoming [StonesArchive.com] bootleg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-23 12:53 by 18thDec1943.

Re: BOOTLEG ALERT - The Info You Want (Or Not?)
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:56

So, it is a boot form the period between 1975 and 1990.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 23, 2012 12:57

It surely is the wrong headline anyway!

Posted by: Handova ()
Date: January 23, 2012 13:43

No info provided as far as I can tell !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-01-23 13:44 by Handova.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: January 23, 2012 16:28

Just bring out the xxxx thing now . .

Date: January 23, 2012 16:44

Date: January 23, 2012 16:49

OK - You're not going to tell us what it is. Fair enough I suppose.

Why the secrecy on the release date?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 23, 2012 17:28

They are just copying and pasting quotes directly from twitter / RollingStones on twitter [twitter.com] ... not that I am suggesting anyone here go look at twitter,,, Dog knows what the type of replies that post would get here on IORR..... dont need no newfangled doohickeys like dat.... or nuthin.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 23, 2012 17:35

smart dog, that one

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 23, 2012 17:37

StonesTod
smart dog, that one

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 23, 2012 17:42

the wait is the best part. Once you get ...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 23, 2012 19:58

Good...Its not Voodoo Lounge

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: January 23, 2012 20:22

I'm now starting to think it will be Hampton 1981 or Atlantic City 1989.

Date: January 23, 2012 20:25

They said it's going to be a Cracker and Crackin' Up was played at EL Comando 77.

Like Top said, it was already cracked wide open.

Posted by: tkl7 ()
Date: January 23, 2012 20:29

Seems like the inference is that this year is only the 49th anniversary, and we have to wait til next year for a tour.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: January 23, 2012 20:33

lamemodem2
I'm now starting to think it will be Hampton 1981 or Atlantic City 1989.

Absolutely not those 2; unless you mean "the 2nd Hampton show". Because those 2 shows make a LOT more sense for Rolling Stones to give to Eagle Vision, as a part of their contract with them. No sense in releasing audio of only of something which is filmed in such a great way

BTW - since Rolling Stones, the last 2-3 years, no longer is interested in "holding back" the golden days for us; by releasing L&G, Texas 78 and Brussels 73, and in other words are not afraid of looking at their live-catalogue objectively and from a sane point of view, I think they KNOW that releasing a late 90s or 2000s show would disappoint people, and people just wouldn't be buying a release of....let's say Atlantic City 2006. If there ever will be a "after 1982" show in these series, my bet is that it will be one of the club gigs of 1995, since those ones have a quite high rank among most "fans"
....though....it also makes sense for them to release these shows on Eagle Vision, since there exists great PRO shot footage of them.

Posted by: lamemodem2 ()
Date: January 23, 2012 23:05

Erik_Snow
Absolutely not those 2; unless you mean "the 2nd Hampton show". Because those 2 shows make a LOT more sense for Rolling Stones to give to Eagle Vision, as a part of their contract with them. No sense in releasing audio of only of something which is filmed in such a great way.

Yeah, that makes sense. A few people have mentioned that before and it's a good argument. Do you know how Hampton 1981 was recorded? If it was captured on film I think you might be right and Eagle Rock will get it. But if it was only recorded on video I wonder if they will they that would make a suitable release. I'm guessing that issues like picture quality and aspect ratio might make it seem less desirable for a big release.

And stonesarchive.com could pull a Hampton 1st show / Hampton 2nd show thing like they did with the songs on the Brussels release. (I'm not really up on the different versions of Hampton, but doesn't only one circulate as a soundboard/broadcast?)

I also kinda feel like they've been mentioning the famous bootleg aspect of this series a lot. Maybe that's just me. I know there are boots from 75/76, but I don't think any of them are in the all time top five. Yes, the El Mocamwhatever show is famous, but the boot isn't. They just had a big Some Girls live release, so I don't think they'd double up on that so soon. That leaves the 81/82 and 89/90 tours. Hampton and Atlantic City are pretty well known bootlegs.

And the fact that parts of Hampton have been released before could rule it out. That would leave ... Atlantic City. Whatever it is, I'll be excited to get it. I wish they'd tell us the release date, the wait is killing me. All the speculation has been fun, too.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 23, 2012 23:59

lamemodem2
Do you know how Hampton 1981 was recorded? If it was captured on film I think you might be right and Eagle Rock will get it. But if it was only recorded on video I wonder if they will they that would make a suitable release. I'm guessing that issues like picture quality and aspect ratio might make it seem less desirable for a big release.

It was recorded on video not film.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:04

my bet is a live euro 1982..... maybe a british show

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 24, 2012 00:17

GOO
my bet is a live euro 1982..... maybe a british show

Let's hope they pick the 1st London one...

Re: The Department of Historical Accuracy
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: January 24, 2012 01:03

Bill joined the band in the autumn of 62, not the same day as Charlie.
Charlie did indeed join in january 63 but most sources give the date as january 12th

Date: January 24, 2012 01:12

Jagger just came by the house to borrow some salt, and he slipped up and said its a 1977 show coming out.....tomorrow...he asked me to keep that to myself so I posted it only here.

Date: January 24, 2012 01:56

Munichhilton
Jagger just came by the house to borrow some salt, and he slipped up and said its a 1977 show coming out.....tomorrow...he asked me to keep that to myself so I posted it only here.

i wish he had indicated whether it was from the unpredictable early part of the '77 tour or the later part when they were on cruise control. i'd hope for somewhere in the middle...best of both worlds.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:09

August 25th, 1990, Wembley. Last show with Bill Wyman

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:22

whatever it is iam sure the complaints will be more note worthy than the release

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:26

I wouldn't be surprised if this release and future releases consist of more than one show, same as the Brussels release. Hampton '81 might get that treatment, as others have mentioned, but if I were the Stones I WOULD NOT release the Hampton '81 shows in the Bootleg series. It's one of the best pro-shot Stones concerts, and I'd save it for a dvd release ala Some Girls Live In Texas '78.

But who knows what they'll actually do......

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: January 24, 2012 02:31

Munichhilton

i gave him some pepper and he was leaning more on something from 67?!?

Date: January 24, 2012 02:34

StonesTod
Munichhilton

i wish he had indicated whether it was from the unpredictable early part of the '77 tour or the later part when they were on cruise control. i'd hope for somewhere in the middle...best of both worlds.

I know. It would have been nice for some clarity, but he was clearly just here for the salt.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: January 24, 2012 03:16

18thDec1943
BOOTLEG ALERT Charlie & @bill_wyman joined the Stones 49 yrs ago today. The very rhythm section on the upcoming [StonesArchive.com] bootleg

mtaylor
So, it is a boot form the period between 1975 and 1990.

I'm pretty sure Charlie & Bill joined at least by 1973.

Date: January 24, 2012 03:18

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

I know. It would have been nice for some clarity, but he was clearly just here for the salt.

we need a salt licks tour

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1954
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home