Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: she's so cold - lyrics
Posted by: bustabutton ()
Date: January 21, 2012 07:49

Seriously, I think this tune is one of the best examples of the guitar "weaving" genius that I adore. Listen carefully. I suggest headphones actually. I think you'll be amazed!!
Good stuff!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 21, 2012 12:53

TeaAtThree
StonesTod
dismissing stones songs for bad lyrics is akin to dismissing johnny unitas for his poor scrambling abilities. this ain't cole porter stuff....

Brilliant! Showing your age, though.
I refer to Tebow's wobbly passes as "Billy Kilmer specials".... to a lot of blank looks.
T@3

sonny jurgensen had a beautiful spiral. i love showing my age...when you get to 74, you will too...

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: January 21, 2012 15:06

I think they are meant to be ironic. I once counted the number of times the word "cold" is repeated but I forgot the number. It was a lot.

Posted by: TrulyMicks ()
Date: January 21, 2012 15:33

It's an amazing tune, haven't heard it in ages, but love it!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 21, 2012 16:17

Doesn't he say "sweet sweet boojy" at some point?

That was probably the KR contribution

Posted by: articzone ()
Date: January 21, 2012 19:51

"Billy Kilmer Specials" Haven't thought about him in years.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: January 21, 2012 20:08

I love those lyrics. Amusing metaphors, in my opinion. And I recently saw a hot-but-cold girl from my high school (which wasn't overly long ago). And she looks awful now (some of her hot friends still look great). And all I could think was: "When you're old; when you're old; nobody will know/That you was a beauty, a sweet sweet beauty/A sweet sweet beauty, but stone stone cold!" Yeah, she was also real smug in high school, but she ain't smug now. Because she has nothing to be smug about.

Besides, it's my favorite Stones video.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 21, 2012 20:25

Title5Take1
I love those lyrics. Amusing metaphors, in my opinion. And I recently saw a hot-but-cold girl from my high school (which wasn't overly long ago). And she looks awful now (some of her hot friends still look great). And all I could think was: "When you're old; when you're old; nobody will know/That you was a beauty, a sweet sweet beauty/A sweet sweet beauty, but stone stone cold!" Yeah, she was also real smug in high school, but she ain't smug now. Because she has nothing to be smug about.

your depth astounds me

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 21, 2012 23:16

Title5Take1

Besides, it's my favorite Stones video.

Yeah thats the part I'm talking about...its sweet sweet boojy but so so cold

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1053
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home