Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
My problems with BRUSSELS AFFAIR
Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: December 31, 2011 17:20

OK, near the end of the year I must tell you what really upsets me about the BRUSSELS AFFAIR download. Twice I ordered it and paid for it by PayPal. The first time I got a link and downloaded it but I just can't find the FLAC files on my computer. Tehrefore I ordered it a second time but I never got a link. I sent them an Email but got no answer.

Maybe I made some mistake but I am LONGING for a CD recording. Why don't they sell at least a few thousand on ordinary CDs? I still prefer them with proper artwork over downloads, especially when we are talking about one of the greatest rock concerts ever recorded!

If it was not illegal I would ask someone to send me a CD copy which I can play on my stereo. I could send sopies of the Emails to prove that I actually paid twice for the download.

With that said I wish everybody a happy new year!

Re: My problems with BRUSSELS AFFAIR
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 31, 2011 17:22

if it wasn't illegal, i wouldn't own any stones cds at all....

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 31, 2011 19:08

It should be a CD; you never know, it could be part of the 50th anniversary, but I doubt it.

I keep wishing that they'll issue in 2012 some concerts on cd as part of an anthology/archive series. You could have the 1971 Leeds Concert, a 1972 USA concert, 1973 Brussels Affair, 1975 Felt Forum, 1978 Texas, 1981 Hampton, 1982 Leeds, et al. However, I doubt it. You think they'd have made an announcement by now, just to start the new year up with an even bigger, better, superlative bang. They did meet up recently, but probably that was just a bean counting exercise.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 31, 2011 19:20

If you downloaded it the files are on your computer. Without being asked they land in the folder (in Windows Vista):
User\(Your user name)\My Music\The Rolling Stones\The Brussels Affair

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 31, 2011 20:05

>grinning smiley<
StonesTod
if it wasn't illegal, i wouldn't own any stones cds at all....

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: December 31, 2011 20:15

midnrambler
If you downloaded it the files are on your computer. Without being asked they land in the folder (in Windows Vista):
User\(Your user name)\My Music\The Rolling Stones\The Brussels Affair

And if you're a MAC user (MAC OS X) they are under HD–User–(your user name)–Downloads. If you downloaded the files they must be somewhere ...

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 31, 2011 20:23

Are you in the US? I guess not because you still cant buy the flac files here,can you?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: December 31, 2011 20:51

If you're on Win7 go to start and type into the search box:

*.flac

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 1, 2012 00:35

" I must tell you what really upsets me about the BRUSSELS AFFAIR download. Twice I ordered it and paid for it by PayPal"

Therefore you qualify for having the FLAC files from one source or another... The Stones got paid, you need to get your files. End of story!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 1, 2012 00:48

scottkeef
Are you in the US? I guess not because you still cant buy the flac files here,can you?

Nope.
I still see this as one of the most glaring examples of the Stones PR people being completely out of touch with the fans they are employed to satisfy.

This decision in fact inspires illegal downloading with all due respect to Mr Tod.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: January 1, 2012 01:01

CDs are on their way out for good in a couple of years.
But they're still making most computers and laptops with CD burners built in.

Do a simple search on your computer - they should be there somewhere if you downloaded them, then just burn your own CD.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: January 1, 2012 01:27

Munichhilton
This decision in fact inspires illegal downloading with all due respect to Mr Tod.

respect is never all due to me. and you never need reasons to illegally download other than it's free and it's fun for the whole family.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 1, 2012 02:31

If I get s***-faced drunk and walk around with my wallet hanging out of my pocket I deserve to get ripped off. The Stones, their kids, their grandkids, and probably their great-grandkids are set for life. If they obviously don't want my money for FLAC files, then I'm sure they won't sweat it if I download them "elsewhere". Not that I would because - it's illegal.

Date: January 1, 2012 02:40

bleedingman
Not that I would because - it's illegal.

sigh.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: January 1, 2012 02:44

Sorry, but if it's illegal it's wrong. Just like smoking marijuana. It makes you feel good, it has many medicinal properties that folk healers have utilized for centuries, it's easy to grow. But - the government says it's bad for you. So, I never, ever smoke cannabis. Or download FLAC files that the artist refuses to sell to me.

Date: January 1, 2012 02:46

bleedingman
Sorry, but if it's illegal it's wrong. Just like smoking marijuana. It makes you feel good, it has many medicinal properties that folk healers have utilized for centuries, it's easy to grow. But - the government says it's bad for you. So, I never, ever smoke cannabis. Or download FLAC files that the artist refuses to sell to me.

some people are just beyond help.

Date: January 1, 2012 03:19

saltoftheearth, send me an email if no one has helped you....

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: January 1, 2012 03:22

StonesTod
bleedingman

Better refer this one to Lukester.

Date: January 1, 2012 06:14

The Sicilian
StonesTod
bleedingman

Better refer this one to Lukester.

cool hand luke?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: January 1, 2012 07:17

bleedingman

Date: January 1, 2012 17:34

StonesTod
Munichhilton

respect is never all due to me. and you never need reasons to illegally download other than it's free and it's fun for the whole family.

Don't get me wrong. I freely downloaded the crap out of this one. Again because of the crappy Stones PR camp.

and your right about the whole family, except I'm told not to play that 'damn' Brussels show for awhile.

Date: January 1, 2012 18:53

Munichhilton
StonesTod
Munichhilton

Don't get me wrong. I freely downloaded the crap out of this one. Again because of the crappy Stones PR camp.

and your right about the whole family, except I'm told not to play that 'damn' Brussels show for awhile.

yeah, it's best to keep it cool for awhile and keep the feds away...high crimes and misdemeanors and all....

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:17

It's all up on youtube if you have no other way to access it. Convert to MP3, save to hard drive and burn to CD.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:22

I had a similar issue. I paid but the download failed. I emailed them but got no answer. I downloaded a coppy from piratebay which I should have done in the first place.

Posted by: MJG196 ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:34

Munichhilton

LOL! What decision inspires illegal downloading? What inspires illegal downloading is that people want things for free. Pay the Stones once for Brussels Affair and they dont send the files, shame on them. Pay the Stones twice, shame on...you.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 1, 2012 23:37

rebelrebel
It's all up on youtube if you have no other way to access it. Convert to MP3, save to hard drive and burn to CD.

That is of course the ultimate method: Download a lossy stream and convert it to even lossier mp3s! grinning smiley

Date: January 1, 2012 23:57

Promoman
I had a similar issue. I paid but the download failed. I emailed them but got no answer. I downloaded a coppy from piratebay which I should have done in the first place.

finally. some sanity.

Date: January 2, 2012 00:11

sounds rather demon-ish!!! heehee

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: January 2, 2012 13:57

scottkeef

No, I'm from Germany.

Date: January 2, 2012 16:11

MJG196
Munichhilton

LOL! What decision inspires illegal downloading? What inspires illegal downloading is that people want things for free. Pay the Stones once for Brussels Affair and they dont send the files, shame on them. Pay the Stones twice, shame on...you.

Crap. I got LOL'd at. Did everyone see this?

Sonuvagun...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1630
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home