Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New ABKCO releases?
Posted by: EdithGroove ()
Date: August 6, 2018 03:31

Does anyone have any information on the three new Stones releases on Spotify? They are from ABKCO and are really strange releases. One seems to be additional YaYAs material, while the other two are the Ed Sullivan releases and the Ready Steady Go tracks. Really terrible cover art, and the YaYas material includes 2 Keith piano ballads. “I’m Free” includes some snippets from Jimmi Hendrix and Keith’s convo cira ‘69 - plus Mick talking about Bob Dylan’s Mom.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-06 03:46 by EdithGroove.

Re: New ABKCO releases?
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: August 6, 2018 04:15

Hi. Could you please write the track lists?

Thank you in advance

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 6, 2018 08:07

Whats Mick say about Mrs Zimmerman ….. ?????????????????????????

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: August 6, 2018 12:10

EdithGroove

Does anyone have any information on the three new Stones releases on Spotify?

Maybe they're only Copyright-protection releases (50-years-rule) like in the recent past e.g. on YouTube or iTunes ....

Date: August 6, 2018 12:15

I didn't find nothing of the sort under «Albums», «Singles & EPs» or «Compilations» on Spotify..

Date: August 6, 2018 12:17

Irix
EdithGroove

Does anyone have any information on the three new Stones releases on Spotify?

Maybe they're only Copyright-protection releases (50-years-rule) like in the recent past e.g. on YouTube or iTunes ....

The iTunes-release ('67 Sessions) did get a press mention before it was released, so I think that's a different animal..

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 6, 2018 16:35

Only on spotify?
Not on itunes?

Date: August 6, 2018 16:44

Whale
Only on spotify?
Not on itunes?

Not on Spotify either..

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: August 6, 2018 16:48

DandelionPowderman
I didn't find nothing of the sort under «Albums», «Singles & EPs» or «Compilations» on Spotify..

Neither did I. It would help if the OP could post a link for those recordings.

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: August 7, 2018 04:40

They are copyright protection releases and have now been taken down based upon information from another forum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 04:54 by boogaloojef.

Date: August 7, 2018 04:44

Ready Steady Go

1 AROUND AND AROUND (READY STEADY GO!)
1:37

2 LITTLE RED ROOSTER
3:04

3 OFF THE HOOK
2:35

4 UNDER MY THUMB
3:42

5 I AM WAITING
3:02

6 PAINT IT, BLACK
2:22

7 OH BABY (WE GOT A GOOD THING GOIN')
1:21

8 THAT'S HOW STRONG MY LOVE IS
2:15

9 (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION
4:28

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 04:47 by boogaloojef.

Date: August 7, 2018 04:45

Ed Sullivan Show

1 AROUND AND AROUND
2:28

2 TIME IS ON MY SIDE
2:48

3 THE LAST TIME
3:14

4 LITTLE RED ROOSTER
2:35

5 EVERYBODY NEEDS SOMEBODY TO LOVE
2:08

6 2120 SOUTH MICHIGAN AVENUE (THE ED SULLIVAN SHOW)
1:26

7 (I CAN'T GET NO SATISFACTION
2:40

8 AS TEARS GO BY
2:21

9 19TH NERVOUS BREAKDOWN
4:10

10 PAINT IT, BLACK
2:18

11 LADY JANE
3:07

12 HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR MOTHER, BABY, STANDING IN THE SHADOW?
2:29

13 RUBY TUESDAY
3:19

14 LET'S SPEND THE NIGHT TOGETHER
3:09

15 GIMME SHELTER
3:52

16 LOVE IN VAIN
3:30

17 HONKY TONK WOMEN
3:04

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 04:47 by boogaloojef.

Date: August 7, 2018 04:46

Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out

1 PRODIGAL SON
3:39

2 YOU GOTTA MOVE
2:25

3 KEITH PIANO PIECE
1:27

4 UNDER MY THUMB
3:50

5 I'M FREE
2:33

6 (I CAN'T GET NO) SATISFACTION
6:21

7 KEITH PIANO PIECE
2:14

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 04:46 by boogaloojef.

Date: August 7, 2018 05:18

The ya'yas thats mostly the bonus content that was released with the box set in 2010

.....keep on rolling.....

Date: August 7, 2018 12:15

Someone on another forum said it appears that part of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out bonus material appears to be from the Gimme Shelter movie.

Posted by: EdithGroove ()
Date: August 7, 2018 22:29

They're still up and running as of this moment.

Prodigal Son is cool - interesting introduction where Mick says they cannot remember who wrote it it. On all these tracks the crowd noise is significantly lower than those tracks originally released.

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: August 7, 2018 22:37

The Ya-Ya´s stuff is just the audio of the bonus DVD from the 2009 Super Deluxe Box Set. The DVD included alternate takes of the same tracks as on the bonus CD. There is nothing new here.

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: August 7, 2018 23:12

Tornandfrayed
The Ya-Ya´s stuff is just the audio of the bonus DVD from the 2009 Super Deluxe Box Set. The DVD included alternate takes of the same tracks as on the bonus CD. There is nothing new here.

So it is quite doubtful that these are "copyright protection releases" after all. These tracks have already been released! Same story with the Ed Sullivan stuff, everything was previously released on DVD before. And if an offcial DVD release does not count in copyright terms, für most of the Ed Sullivan (up until 1967) stuff it would be too late anyway to escape the 50 years-trap...

Date: August 7, 2018 23:47

retired_dog
Tornandfrayed

So it is quite doubtful that these are "copyright protection releases" after all. These tracks have already been released! Same story with the Ed Sullivan stuff, everything was previously released on DVD before. And if an offcial DVD release does not count in copyright terms, für most of the Ed Sullivan (up until 1967) stuff it would be too late anyway to escape the 50 years-trap...

If that is the case, why would they have already taken them down? They were only available for a very short time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 23:48 by boogaloojef.

Posted by: dph ()
Date: August 8, 2018 02:07

Tornandfrayed

Absolutely correct, I confirmed this just now. In fact the DVD has lossless audio so if you are computer savvy, you can extract the audio from it as a WAV file. From that you can convert the sample rate to CD and burn it, convert to FLAC, mp3, m4a, etc.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 8, 2018 03:48

Hell, half the Sullivan stuff is studio recordings over Mick singing.

Date: August 8, 2018 07:56

boogaloojef
retired_dog
Tornandfrayed

If that is the case, why would they have already taken them down? They were only available for a very short time.

Well, apparently there's not much sense behind these releases. At least I can't see it from a copyright point of view. And I'm also not sure that "releasing" stuff for a day or two is what the EC lawmakers had in mind when they invented the "use it (within 50 years) or lose it"-provision. It's simply not a serious commercial attempt to "release material to the general public" that warrants further copyright protection. It's more like playing foul with the law. There may be judges who don't like small dirty tricks like this...

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: August 8, 2018 13:18

anybody purchased them all???? dying to hear these....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: August 8, 2018 13:52

NathanLaze
anybody purchased them all???? dying to hear these....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Haven't you heard them on Ya Yas and the Ed Sullivan-dvd?

Posted by: NathanLaze ()
Date: August 8, 2018 17:00

DandelionPowderman
NathanLaze

Haven't you heard them on Ya Yas and the Ed Sullivan-dvd?

yes i did, but there are two keef piano pieces as well....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-08 17:01 by NathanLaze.

Date: August 9, 2018 00:14

retired_dog
boogaloojef
retired_dog
Tornandfrayed

Well, apparently there's not much sense behind these releases. At least I can't see it from a copyright point of view. And I'm also not sure that "releasing" stuff for a day or two is what the EC lawmakers had in mind when they invented the "use it (within 50 years) or lose it"-provision. It's simply not a serious commercial attempt to "release material to the general public" that warrants further copyright protection. It's more like playing foul with the law. There may be judges who don't like small dirty tricks like this...

It's possible they were altered slightly and copyrighted again. Some people have said the reason the On Air BBC vault release was officially released in fake stereo was so they could copyright the material as the bootlegs have most of the same material in mono.

Date: August 9, 2018 20:08

boogaloojef
retired_dog
boogaloojef
retired_dog
Tornandfrayed

It's possible they were altered slightly and copyrighted again. Some people have said the reason the On Air BBC vault release was officially released in fake stereo was so they could copyright the material as the bootlegs have most of the same material in mono.

Altering a recording could in some countries possibly ensure protection under fair trade laws which don't protect the recording itself, but the work (and consequently, money) invested to make a recording better sounding. It certainly does not "renew" the copyright to a recording which is already out of copyright. So the unaltered, "raw" recording remains out of copyright protection and in the public domain, but if you copy the altered, improved, reprocessed recording you might get in trouble with fair trade laws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-09 20:11 by retired_dog.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2183
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home