Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
El Mocombo
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: December 19, 2011 05:54

How many songs were played in total at this club date?

Re: El Mocombo
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 19, 2011 06:19

Here is the setlist according to Setlist.fm, which I have yet to see wrong, but maybe somebody else can confirm it. 23 songs

Honky Tonk Women
All Down the Line
Hand of Fate
Route 66 (Nat King Cole cover)
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Mannish Boy (Muddy Waters cover)
Crackin' Up
Dance Little Sister
Around and Around (Chuck Berry cover)
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Hot Stuff
Star Star
Worried About You
Let's Spend the Night Together
Worried Life Blues
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Rip This Joint
Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf cover)
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2011 06:46

wow...love to hear this.

Love to hear the Worried About You treatment...I knew this was an older recording, but didn't realize they were actually playing it live before Tattoo You.

Date: December 19, 2011 06:54

treaclefingers
wow...love to hear this.

Love to hear the Worried About You treatment...I knew this was an older recording, but didn't realize they were actually playing it live before Tattoo You.

According to Wikipedia (I know it's not ALWAYS right), El Mocambo was the first time the song was played live.

Re: El Mocambo
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2011 08:16

that setlist was pieced together from the memory of people lucky enough to be there,
and it's not possible to say how accurate it is. it's hard to identify numbers one has never heard before

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 09:16 by with sssoul.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: December 19, 2011 09:00

Well they closed with Worried About You at least one of the nights. I got the recording, it is rather close to the recorded one on the record.

Date: December 19, 2011 09:08

MadMax
Well they closed with Worried About You at least one of the nights. I got the recording, it is rather close to the recorded one on the record.

That setlist is from the second night. The setlist from March 4th only has 15 songs, so I'm assuming it is incomplete (though the other could be also I guess) and does not feature Worried About You either. Hopefully we'll find out the setlist for at least one of the nights with an archive release.

Re: El Mocambo
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: December 19, 2011 09:19

MadMax

smile: Worried About You is the first track on the recording of excerpts i have
i don't reckon they opened with it, though :E

PS tipps honey, the name of the club was El Mocambo.
if you'd correct the spelling in the title of your first post,
folks wouldn't have to correct it by hand in every subsequent post
(just click "edit post" under your post, make the necessary changes, then click "save changes" - thanks!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 09:22 by with sssoul.

Re: El Mocämbo
Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 19, 2011 09:28

[www.nzentgraf.de]:

770304A 4th March: Toronto, Canada, El Mocambo Tavern, incl.
(Route 66/Honky Tonk Women/Hand Of Fate/Fool To Cry/Crazy Mama/
Crackin’ Up/Around And Around/Melody/Star Star/Worried About You/
Let’s Spend The Night Together/Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/
Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: Soundboard recording was made by Eddie Kramer. Some songs are
unverified.

770305A 5th March: Toronto, Canada, El Mocambo Tavern
(Honky Tonk Women/All Down The Line/Hand Of Fate/Route 66/Fool To Cry/
Crazy Mama/Mannish Boy/Crackin’ Up/Dance Little Sister/Around And Around/
Tumbling Dice/Happy/Hot Stuff/Star Star/Worried About You/Let’s Spend The
Night Together/Worried Life Blues/It’s Only Rock’n Roll/Rip This Joint/
Band introduction/Little Red Rooster/Luxury/Brown Sugar/Jumping Jack Flash)
Note: Soundboard recording was made by Eddie Kramer. Some songs are
unverified.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 09:29 by midnrambler.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 19, 2011 15:57

treaclefingers
wow...love to hear this.

Two versions...Courtesy of Keessie........and there are more but not so good.....

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

James Karnbach has a completely different order for the songs

The El Mocambo club …4.3.1977

Route 66
All down the line
Around and around
Brown sugar
Crazy mama
Dance little sister
Fool to cry
Hand of fate
Honky Tonk women
Hotstuff
Only rock’n’roll
Jumping Jack Flash
Let’s spend the night together
Little red rooster
Mannish boy
Crackin’ up
Melody
Star star
Street fighting man
Tumbling dice
Worried about you

And for the second night he reckons the only change was that Honky tonk women and Route 66 were swapped around……………I’ve always thought this was the best Stones setlist ever………..(although I appreciate Mick’s problem with playing Worried about you as a final song (even though I love it) in an 30-80,000 seater stadium……..the masses expect a barnstorming finish and up to now only the warhorses fit the bill…...………

Having listed Karnbach’s tracklist I do appreciate his ’75 tracklists are way out…so..
Also Karnbach fails to mention at all 4 other songs supposedly played,,, Luxury, Happy, Rip this joint and Worried life blues.......

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 16:26 by EddieByword.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 19, 2011 16:17

Great set list if it is accurate and I'm fairly sure it can't be far off. The one big plus is there was no Satisfaction - why they chose to bring it back I'll never know.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: December 19, 2011 16:44

EDDIE KRAMER ??? cooolll. I did not know.
Wish he could do a nice mix like for Valley of Neptunes.
Maybe the next release.

There must be some folks on the board who attented the shows and can confirm the setlists ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: December 19, 2011 16:45

[www.iorr.org]

Date: December 19, 2011 16:45

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 19, 2011 17:53

EddieByword
treaclefingers
wow...love to hear this.

Two versions...Courtesy of Keessie........and there are more but not so good.....

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Route 66
All down the line
Around and around
Brown sugar
Crazy mama
Dance little sister
Fool to cry
Hand of fate
Honky Tonk women
Hotstuff
Only rock’n’roll
Jumping Jack Flash
Little red rooster
Mannish boy
Crackin’ up
Melody
Star star
Street fighting man
Tumbling dice
Worried about you

And for the second night he reckons the only change was that Honky tonk women and Route 66 were swapped around……………I’ve always thought this was the best Stones setlist ever………..(although I appreciate Mick’s problem with playing Worried about you as a final song (even though I love it) in an 30-80,000 seater stadium……..the masses expect a barnstorming finish and up to now only the warhorses fit the bill…...………

Having listed Karnbach’s tracklist I do appreciate his ’75 tracklists are way out…so..
Also Karnbach fails to mention at all 4 other songs supposedly played,,, Luxury, Happy, Rip this joint and Worried life blues.......

many thanks Eddie!

Date: December 19, 2011 18:03

treaclefingers
EddieByword
treaclefingers
wow...love to hear this.

[www.iorr.org]

[www.iorr.org]

Route 66
All down the line
Around and around
Brown sugar
Crazy mama
Dance little sister
Fool to cry
Hand of fate
Honky Tonk women
Hotstuff
Only rock’n’roll
Jumping Jack Flash
Little red rooster
Mannish boy
Crackin’ up
Melody
Star star
Street fighting man
Tumbling dice
Worried about you

many thanks Eddie!

You're welcome..I just really hope this show is one of the 5/6 yet un-named shows to be going out on the Stonesarchive site................

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 19, 2011 18:30

EddieByword
You're welcome..I just really hope this show is one of the 5/6 yet un-named shows to be going out on the Stonesarchive site................

I cant really imagine this is merely a one-year arrangement.

I know theyve announced '5-6 in the next year', but I'd guess thats just confirming a short-term plan as they dont know whats happening beyond that. It makes no sense to just do that and then stop.

Surely this archive is an ongoing project.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 19, 2011 18:52

Gazza
EddieByword

I know theyve announced '5-6 in the next year', but I'd guess thats just confirming a short-term plan as they dont know whats happening beyond that. It makes no sense to just do that and then stop.

you're looking for sense in how this band's archives are being handled? Perhaps you'd be more interested in a Dylan archive project....

Date: December 19, 2011 21:26

Gazza
EddieByword

Oh...I didn't know it was about 5/6 next year alone......well then, to borrow and slightly adapt one of Mick's comments from Knebworth...."well in that case...we(')ll carry on..........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-19 22:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 20, 2011 01:16

NoCode0680
Here is the setlist according to Setlist.fm, which I have yet to see wrong, but maybe somebody else can confirm it. 23 songs

Honky Tonk Women
All Down the Line
Hand of Fate
Route 66 (Nat King Cole cover)
Fool to Cry
Crazy Mama
Mannish Boy (Muddy Waters cover)
Crackin' Up
Dance Little Sister
Around and Around (Chuck Berry cover)
Tumbling Dice
Happy
Hot Stuff
Star Star
Worried About You
Let's Spend the Night Together
Worried Life Blues
It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
Rip This Joint
Little Red Rooster (Howlin' Wolf cover)
Luxury
Brown Sugar
Jumpin' Jack Flash

No credit for Bo Diddley?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 20, 2011 01:22

speaking of credits, 66 was a bobby troup cover...as long as we're striving for accuracy

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 20, 2011 01:33

Lol, well on that note... it's El Mocambo, not El Mocombo.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: December 20, 2011 05:50

Route 66 was covered by Chuck Berry and that was undoubtedly where the Stones became familiar with it. They speeded it up similar to their treatment of Carol.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: December 20, 2011 06:43

Anyone know what they had to do to the songs that were put on "Love You Live". Were there guitar overdubs?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 20, 2011 13:19

Yeah, overdubs. Anybody got that site?

Date: December 20, 2011 13:20

Date: December 20, 2011 13:22

Mannish boy
Most probably original length. In the version on SUCKING IN THE SEVENTIES (04:20) one verse and two short instrumental parts are missing.

No way. Harmonica, guitar, vocals. Overdubs/after effects on all.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 20, 2011 18:12

Redhotcarpet
Overdubs

There's quite a lot of mistakes on this site.

Mathijs

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 20, 2011 18:50

donvis
Route 66 was covered by Chuck Berry and that was undoubtedly where the Stones became familiar with it. They speeded it up similar to their treatment of Carol.

An interesting phenom which comes up alot for musicians. I always like to say the "cover" is of the song by the persom who wrote it. But is reality it can easily be a cover of a cover (of a cover) of the artist's whose version was "copied". Songs I've learned from covers like Nobody's Girl and Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt cover of John Prine songs) or even Cocaine (Eric Clapton cover of a JJ Cale song) are almost best described as covers of the learned version. But people are quick to correct you if you don't call out the composers name as such. Semantics. peace.

Date: December 20, 2011 18:58

Naturalust
donvis

An interesting phenom which comes up alot for musicians. I always like to say the "cover" is of the song by the persom who wrote it. But is reality it can easily be a cover of a cover (of a cover) of the artist's whose version was "copied". Songs I've learned from covers like Nobody's Girl and Angel from Montgomery (Bonnie Raitt cover of John Prine songs) or even Cocaine (Eric Clapton cover of a JJ Cale song) are almost best described as covers of the learned version. But people are quick to correct you if you don't call out the composers name as such. Semantics. peace.

that gave me a headache

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home