Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12
Re: What's up with that angry Hells Angel on stage at Altamont?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 17, 2014 06:30

sonomastone
i know this is a rolling stones message board, but surely it's in poor taste to argue about whether some poor guy who was killed 45 years ago deserved it or not, especially when clearly no one will ever know for sure what happened.

let meredith rest in peace.

With all due respect, sonomastone, it's unpleasant and divisive, but a reasonable topic for a Rolling Stones board.

- swiss

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 17, 2014 06:59

Slakka knows what he's talking about.

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 17, 2014 18:19

sonomastone
i know this is a rolling stones message board, but surely it's in poor taste to argue about whether some poor guy who was killed 45 years ago deserved it or not, especially when clearly no one will ever know for sure what happened.

I don't understand your point at all...So basically you are saying its always in poor taste to talk about any murder that happened decades ago because its always in poor taste..Really?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 17, 2014 18:45

Once IORR was primarily about the music of the Rolling Stones.

I agree with sonomastone. Some of the newer posters here seem to think IORR is a tabloid.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 17, 2014 18:45

stanlove
sonomastone

I don't understand your point at all...So basically you are saying its always in poor taste to talk about any murder that happened decades ago because its always in poor taste..Really?

If the topic is whether or not he deserved to be killed, and you don't know him or anyone else involved and weren't there, yes.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 17, 2014 19:00

Nobody deserves to be murdered.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: April 17, 2014 19:35

Adolf @#$%&. Pol Pot. Bin Laden?

Date: April 17, 2014 19:36

sonomastone
stanlove
sonomastone

If the topic is whether or not he deserved to be killed, and you don't know him or anyone else involved and weren't there, yes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 20:09 by stanlove.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 17, 2014 22:20

stonesrule

I agree with sonomastone. Some of the newer posters here seem to think IORR is a tabloid.

Ah yes...the good old days...when things were right and good, and no one threshed through Stones history--or messy
troubling aspects of their story and the story of the American counterculture, with reverberations and lessons
unto today! before the world and iorr started going to hell in a bucket, led by an uncouth gang of interlopers, some of
whom --gasp!-- Weren't Even There -- dang them and their cheek!

For your reading pleasure...way back before even some old timers weren't yet signed up on iorr eye popping smiley
Thread on Meredith Hunter - Jan 2005

with respect & levity
swiss

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 17, 2014 22:56

swiss
stonesrule

Ah yes...the good old days...when things were right and good, and no one threshed through Stones history--or messy
troubling aspects of their story and the story of the American counterculture, with reverberations and lessons
unto today! before the world and iorr started going to hell in a bucket, led by an uncouth gang of interlopers, some of
whom --gasp!-- Weren't Even There -- dang them and their cheek!

For your reading pleasure...way back before even some old timers weren't yet signed up on iorr eye popping smiley
Thread on Meredith Hunter - Jan 2005

with respect & levity
swiss

LOL, I like the levity part, Swiss. Anyone who's looked through some of the old, old threads will see that IORR was much more wild than it is today, with subjects that covered every aspect of the band. But, stonesrule and other's point about sticking mostly to the music is commendable and I respect it, unless the point is made in an obnoxious and rude manner. For me, I say to each his own, as long as the forum rules are folllowed. There is so much to discuss about this band. More often than not, I think, it doesn't get out of hand.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-17 23:06 by latebloomer.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 17, 2014 23:34

Swiss, thanks for your updates! Nice to hear that your projects are doing well. I was excited from the first minute you talked about them, and what really stroke me was your idea of providing multi-perspectives on the matter, that is, there is no One Truth, or One Narrative to give us a full-scale account What Really Happened in Altamont, and What All That Meant. I loved that! The reality simply isn't that simple or one-sided to be captured just by one perspective. To acknowledge that is a brave, but I think a necessary move if we are trying to get any sense of anything. That's the way to go, me thinks... that kind of approach should be addressed to many other issues as well, and not just Altamont.

Keep up the good work, my lady! I'm all ears here!

- Doxa

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 18, 2014 00:59

i find it a little silly that meredith hunter is being portrayed on this website as some poor little victim who just wanted to "groove to the tunes".

meredith hunter was a gang member-he belonged to a gang called the "east bay executors" and he was carrying a fcking gun!

this fantasy that the big bad hells angels ganged up on a bunch of peace loving hippies and beat them up is also crap.

writer anthony scaduto wrote in his book that "the crowd had become antagonistic and unpredictable,attacking each other,the angels and performers[mick jagger].
you hear the radio call-in that charlie and mick are listening to when sonny calls in-barger talks about people kicking their bikes and drugged out crazies jumping on everybody,but when they jumped on angels they got hurt"

back to hunter-his autopsy proved what the girlfriend told the police,he was high on meth.

grateful dead manager roc skully said he remembered the guy[hunter]and he was crazed looking and thought he was there to shoot somebody.

when he comes up after his girlfriend is trying to stop him he has his arm extended in a"fire position" if you stop the action and look at what he's seeing its two angels sitting directly in front of the stage but the gun is raised to possibly shoot above them,above them are the rolling stones.

as the camera pulls back we can see the the head of bills bass and then all of bill.this happened slightly to his right and we know how the band line up onstage.

now i dont know if any of you know what a bullet does to the human body but its not like the movies with the hero standing there with a scowl and a bandage on his arm saying "its only a scratch"

a bullet,even a small caliber,rips through flesh,tendon,ligament and bone doing incredible damage.
what if one of those bullets caught mick in the throat? or hit keith in the arm? or hit an inoccent fan in the face?

all i know is that alan passaro took down a guy who was pointing a gun at the rolling stones-

and please spare me the "he died a drug dealer" you think i was under the impression he died from bad potato salad at a church picinic?
anyone here who has taken illegal drugs at anytime is a hypocrite if they ever speak ill of a drug dealer-got it,customer

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: April 18, 2014 01:19

[/quote]

Clearly he could see into the future: They released ANOTHER hits compilation and this time is was called GRRRR? With a silly looking gorilla for the cover? AUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:36

lem motlow
i find it a little silly that meredith hunter is being portrayed on this website as some poor little victim who just wanted to "groove to the tunes".

meredith hunter was a gang member-he belonged to a gang called the "east bay executors" and he was carrying a fcking gun!

this fantasy that the big bad hells angels ganged up on a bunch of peace loving hippies and beat them up is also crap.

writer anthony scaduto wrote in his book that "the crowd had become antagonistic and unpredictable,attacking each other,the angels and performers[mick jagger].
you hear the radio call-in that charlie and mick are listening to when sonny calls in-barger talks about people kicking their bikes and drugged out crazies jumping on everybody,but when they jumped on angels they got hurt"

back to hunter-his autopsy proved what the girlfriend told the police,he was high on meth.

grateful dead manager roc skully said he remembered the guy[hunter]and he was crazed looking and thought he was there to shoot somebody.

when he comes up after his girlfriend is trying to stop him he has his arm extended in a"fire position" if you stop the action and look at what he's seeing its two angels sitting directly in front of the stage but the gun is raised to possibly shoot above them,above them are the rolling stones.

as the camera pulls back we can see the the head of bills bass and then all of bill.this happened slightly to his right and we know how the band line up onstage.

now i dont know if any of you know what a bullet does to the human body but its not like the movies with the hero standing there with a scowl and a bandage on his arm saying "its only a scratch"

a bullet,even a small caliber,rips through flesh,tendon,ligament and bone doing incredible damage.
what if one of those bullets caught mick in the throat? or hit keith in the arm? or hit an inoccent fan in the face?

all i know is that alan passaro took down a guy who was pointing a gun at the rolling stones-

and please spare me the "he died a drug dealer" you think i was under the impression he died from bad potato salad at a church picinic?
anyone here who has taken illegal drugs at anytime is a hypocrite if they ever speak ill of a drug dealer-got it,customer

I can't say I disagree with anything you said. Race and politics definitely play a big part in this. If Hunter was a white guy there would not be as much of an outcry for him on this board. It's liberal white guilt driven.

Posted by: slakka ()
Date: April 18, 2014 04:54

lem motlow
and please spare me the "he died a drug dealer" you think i was under the impression he died from bad potato salad at a church picnic?

bizarre rationalization

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-18 07:58 by slakka.

Date: April 18, 2014 05:06

swiss
slakka
Oh and speaking of the great Eve Crane!
She was more or less the official HA "Frisco" photographer in residence back in the good old days.

Who was speaking of Eve Crane...? confused smiley
Well no one actually..just funnin.
Forty lashes with a wet noodle perhaps?

And I believe you may be exaggerating/mischaracterizing her role.

- swiss

Tell me more! I thought I was adding to some Altamont background type stuff.

Date: April 18, 2014 06:20

lem motlow

Really. Never have heard of anyone else saying others in the crowd were fighting with each other. No film of it either. Pretty sure if it happened there would be film of it. None..Yeah the crowd was pissed at the Angels and nothing else. You can hear that right in the audio of the concert and alittle on the video. IF drugged out crazies were jumping on each other you would hear all about it. We saw on film what the Angels were up to. Stop trying to change history. A bunch of thugs ganging up on hippies who didn't want to fight.

You in your biased approach being up that Hunter was on meth, so what? he didn't have a problem with anyone else that I have ever heard. Some clown later on saying that Hunter looked like he was there to shoot someone is actually funny. he didn't know Hunter had a gun and nobody else said that about Hunter but one guy says that after the event..LOL.

Then you claim as a fact that Hunter was pointing a gun at Jagger. Hohwash there is Zero proof of that and witnesses said the Angels attacked him before Hunter did anything. Si is this how it worked? Hunter at the side of the stage, gets smacked by a couple of angels so he all of a sudden points his gun at Jagger? Good one.

I can never understand people who claim he was trying to shoot Jagger. That was bullcrap made up by the Angels. How long does it take to fire a gun? if his goal was to shoot at Jagger he would have shot at Jagger. Do you honestly believe that the Angels attacked him second he took his gun out to shoot Jagger? Give me a break.

And you forget something else about Passaro and his male friends in leather..They kept beating Hunter long after they got the gun from him..Pieces of crap all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-18 06:22 by stanlove.

Date: April 18, 2014 06:37

slakka
and please spare me the "he died a drug dealer" you think i was under the impression he died from bad potato salad at a church picnic?

bizarre racialization

Bullcrap. If I smoked some weed or snorting a little coke in my life time I only hurt myself. If I am selling drugs to people with problems including kids which is where some of the drugs will end up I am a piece of crap.

Bizarre comparison.

I keep seeing you question Hunter bringing a gun to a concert in your biased way, but I have not seen you ask why the drug dealing piece of filth was walking around at the concert with a big knife.

I know Hunter went to the car to get the gun because he saw the Angles beating up people in 5 on 1 fights, but why is drug dealer scumbag carrying a knife. Does he think the hippies are going to attack him and his 200 leather clad friends?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-18 06:43 by stanlove.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:34

Liberal. White. Guilt.

Date: April 18, 2014 07:56

stanlove
slakka

bizarre racialization

Bullcrap. If I smoked some weed or snorting a little coke in my life time I only hurt myself. If I am selling drugs to people with problems including kids which is where some of the drugs will end up I am a piece of crap.

Bizarre comparison.

I keep seeing you question Hunter bringing a gun to a concert in your biased way, but I have not seen you ask why the drug dealing piece of filth was walking around at the concert with a big knife.

I know Hunter went to the car to get the gun because he saw the Angles beating up people in 5 on 1 fights, but why is drug dealer scumbag carrying a knife. Does he think the hippies are going to attack him and his 200 leather clad friends?

I think you've got me confused with lem

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2014 12:30

GasLightStreet

Clearly he could see into the future: They released ANOTHER hits compilation and this time is was called GRRRR? With a silly looking gorilla for the cover? AUUUUGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!![/quote]

Hey people! Hey people? No need to hazzzzzzle anybody. We need to solve this. Just stay focused on the task presented in this thread. ID of angry man and ID of Freakout guy/Bear man/I see the future man.

Date: April 18, 2014 12:48

jazzbass
Liberal. White. Guilt.

it's liberal white guilt to believe that drug dealers are more likely to be violent than drug users? no, it's just a simple fact.

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: April 18, 2014 14:12

When you draw a gun, you open a door.
Through that door can come any number of things...many of them could be detrimental to your health.
Lesson: don't draw a gun, especially while standing in the middle of hundreds of thousands of people.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: April 18, 2014 17:37

www.rollingstone.com]

I have been following this thread and wondering how many people here actually know what happened that horrible night. After reading the eye witness account for Rolling Stone magazine it appears Hells Angels were deliberately harassing Meredith Hunter long before he went to get his gun. He was a Black man at a Rolling Stones concert with his white girl friend. That alone was reason enough to enrage a group of drugged out ignorant drunken bullies with pool sticks and knives that had been terrorizing most of the audience all day (including musicians). Hells Angels are known racists. Meredith was a target. I have read the gun was UNLOADED. Not that it matters but there would not have been a mass shooting as others have suggested here.

I believe Meredith Hunter really should have left the concert instead of retrieving an unloaded gun and returning. As a decades long fan of the Rolling Stones I am a bit disheartened that a group that has its root deeply embedded in Back music, had to endure the murder of a black man coming to their concert to hear their music. I am sure they were very upset as well.

The truth is black men in the United State are always guilty until proven innocent. Please read the Rolling Stone article. The link is at the beginning of this post. Maybe you will have a better insight into what actually happened.

Date: April 18, 2014 17:45

PhillyFAN
www.rollingstone.com]

I have been following this thread and wondering how many people here actually know what happened that horrible night. After reading the eye witness account for Rolling Stone magazine it appears Hells Angels were deliberately harassing Meredith Hunter long before he went to get his gun. He was a Black man at a Rolling Stones concert with his white girl friend. That alone was reason enough to enrage a group of drugged out ignorant drunken bullies with pool sticks and knives that had been terrorizing most of the audience all day (including musicians). Hells Angels are known racists. Meredith was a target. I have read the gun was UNLOADED. Not that it matters but there would not have been a mass shooting as others have suggested here.

I believe Meredith Hunter really should have left the concert instead of retrieving an unloaded gun and returning. As a decades long fan of the Rolling Stones I am a bit disheartened that a group that has its root deeply embedded in Back music, had to endure the murder of a black man coming to their concert to hear their music. I am sure they were very upset as well.

The truth is black men in the United State are always guilty until proven innocent. Please read the Rolling Stone article. The link is at the beginning of this post. Maybe you will have a better insight into what actually happened.

p://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rolling-stones-disaster-at-altamont-let-it-bleed-19700121?page=4

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 18, 2014 17:51

PhillyFAN
PhillyFAN
www.rollingstone.com]

p://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-rolling-stones-disaster-at-altamont-let-it-bleed-19700121?page=4

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: April 18, 2014 17:52

sonomastone
jazzbass
Liberal. White. Guilt.

it's liberal white guilt to believe that drug dealers are more likely to be violent than drug users? no, it's just a simple fact.

Of course not. It's liberal white guilt to be more outraged about Hunter's death because he was black than if he were white.

Date: April 18, 2014 17:57

jazzbass
sonomastone
jazzbass
Liberal. White. Guilt.

Of course not. It's liberal white guilt to be more outraged about Hunter's death because he was black than if he were white.

How many white men were stabbed to death at Altamont? Murder is murder.

Date: April 18, 2014 19:23

jazzbass
sonomastone
jazzbass
Liberal. White. Guilt.

haven't seen anyone feeling that way on here.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 18, 2014 19:44

Of course there's a racial symbolism in the murder, a grotesque HA thug stabs a young black guy in a sharp green suite armed with a gun. Black panthers, HA, Vietnam etc etc. I dont know how anybody could defend Hells angels, theres nothing to defend. But yes, pulling a gun turned out to be a bad move. What if Hunter had missed the HA guy and killed someone in the audience?

Anyway: lets stay focused on finding out who that freak out guy is.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 8 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2072
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home