Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: What's up with that angry Hells Angel on stage at Altamont?
Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: November 8, 2013 00:05

This site looks interesting...

[theguitarcave.wordpress.com]

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: November 8, 2013 15:26

stones78
This is probably the guy DiscoVolante is talking about:

And this is the guy tripping:

The first guy gives me the creeps. Looks like a child molester. The second guy was behaving like most kids at a concert in the sixties and seventies as far as I'm concerned. Just a wee bit strung out.

Re: The guy freaking out during "Under My Thumb"
Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 8, 2013 15:39

Vocalion
watts fan
Does anyone know who this poor fellow is/was?

I think others here have identified the guy next to him as George Christie. This guy doesn't appear to be wearing colors. Maybe a prospect hanging out with the Angels? A buddy & I used to watch this movie and he'd always laugh and say "There's NO WAY that guy is still alive now."

George Christie

After years of hanging out with Brian and Keith, Mick doesn't even seem to notice this guy!

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 8, 2013 16:01

What's striking about Altamont was the near-complete absence of any police presence. Apart from that, the killing, the beating of the musicians, the lack of crowd control, no toilets, no food, dodgy drugs and employing the local biker thugs as security, it was a resounding success. eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-08 16:17 by Father Ted.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 8, 2013 21:23

Rockman

.................................................. Ethan Russell

I must say, Charlie has that look of "If I just don't make eye contact with the bloke to my right..."

CBII

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: November 8, 2013 21:28

watts fan
Does anyone know who this poor fellow is/was?

I think others here have identified the guy next to him as George Christie. This guy doesn't appear to be wearing colors. Maybe a prospect hanging out with the Angels? A buddy & I used to watch this movie and he'd always laugh and say "There's NO WAY that guy is still alive now."

Compared to the other people that where hurtled from the stage, I'd say his name was "Lucky". My guess is there were so many people meandering around on the stage his LSD induced euphoria kept the Angels at bay for a long time. The one guy once he noticed him actually was quite careful lowering him from the stage to the ground.

CBII

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: November 8, 2013 23:35

DAD???

BTW, any news re: the cute hippie girl shaking a tamborine in the front row?

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 8, 2013 23:55

BTW, any news re: the cute hippie girl shaking a tamborine in the front row?

Yea, here bra jumped of ....you can see it in the directors cut version of GYYYO

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 01:27

Looks like a classic case of Carpathian Kitten Loss.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 9, 2013 01:49

So much homo eroticism in the scene where this guy is watching Jagger gets his arse shaking groove on. grinning smiley

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 05:36

Why the hell would you park your beloved scoot right in between the Stones and about a half a million drunk stones fans>?

Date: November 9, 2013 05:47

Your right the guy does look like George Christie!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 9, 2013 05:48

rob51
Why the hell would you park your beloved scoot right in between the Stones and about a half a million drunk stones fans>?

I seem to remember Keith theorizing, maybe in Life or Crossfire Hurricane, they did it because they were looking for a fight. Daring people to touch them That's his theory anyway, sounds about right to me though. Either that or they just thought they were so feared that nobody would dare touch them.

Date: November 9, 2013 05:52

Great photo CB. And I wonder what that guy was doing there in between Charlie and Mick? Didn't Charlie say though afterwards that some of them had actually been quite nice? Maybe this is one of those nicer ones? Look's a bit more intelligent than many and not at all @#$%& up.

Date: November 9, 2013 05:57

I doubt anybody touched the bikes purposly but what can you do when thousands of people are pushing for the stage? I asked a one time Canadian Angel friend of mine what he thought about all this. He asked in mock outrage how I dared to question his people lol.

Date: November 9, 2013 06:05

Pretty sure Christie died a while back Biker Dude. Nice pic though.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: November 9, 2013 06:22

[www.foxnews.com]

Here's this article on the former HA leader Christie slamming those bikers who had that altercation with that SUV in New York. This is only a month ago.

Edit On, check this out:

Former Hells Angels leader George Christie Jr. has been sentenced to 10½ months in prison in connection with the bombing of two Ventura tattoo shops in 2007, his attorney said.

Read more: [www.vcstar.com]
- vcstar.com

[www.vcstar.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-09 06:26 by BroomWagon.

Date: November 9, 2013 06:29

Yeah I don't think that guys a full Angel either watts fan. Could have been a hang around or prospect but no members seem to have behaved that messed up that day. Just jeolus and pissed that five wimpy Englishmen could create more excitment than all of them together's, my quess? And what a pathetic excuse by Barger the next day.
They got pissed after their bikes got knocked over, And apperently he also didn't appreciate Mick making his fans wait. Why place your most prized possesion in front of all those thousands of inebriated fans then @#$%&, and it's better to kick a messed up woman in the face than to make people wait? Since when Sonny? I wonder if Mr. Barger would still back the behaviour of "his people" that day, or has he growen up a bit by now I hope?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 9, 2013 10:15

Simple explanation, he's got a bug in his ass. eye popping smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 8, 2014 23:50

His Majesty
There he goes, quite a distinctive face...

2000 LYFH
Wonder where that Angel that was arguing with Paul Kantner of the Airplane is? "Your talking about my people" - that's the next guy to track down?

Rockman

Just ran into this.

His name is Bill Fritsch.

He was also in the movie Invocation of my demon brother. You can see him at the 2:30 mark smoking with his wife poet Lenore Kandel and murderer Bobby Beausoleil of Charles Manson fame.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.google.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 9, 2014 09:30

stanlove
His Majesty

2000 LYFH
Wonder where that Angel that was arguing with Paul Kantner of the Airplane is? "Your talking about my people" - that's the next guy to track down?

Rockman

Just ran into this.

He was also in the movie Invocation of my demon brother. You can see him at the 2:30 mark smoking with his wife poet Lenore Kandel and murderer Bobby Beausoleil of Charles Manson fame.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.google.com]

Right, on all count, stanlove.

How did you happen to stumble upon this thread now after it's been asleep since Nov 2013? smiling smiley

-swiss

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 9, 2014 09:37

swiss, how is your project on this theme doing?

- Doxa

Date: April 9, 2014 11:10

Doxa
swiss, how is your project on this theme doing?

- Doxa

hi Doxa - always love to see your name and posts! Thank you for asking about the projects.

"The Night Before Altamont" radio documentary is going gangbusters. It really is a blast producing this piece.
I have to conduct a couple more interviews, then it goes into post-production. Recently I was interviewed, by others,
about "The Night Before Altamont" to get the word out, but champing at the bit to have "product" in hand, and aired
or ready to air, before doing too much promotion. People keep popping up, and many of them truly need to be
interviewed--their stories are that good. I still want to interview Keith Richards---anything he'd care to add about the
night before Altamont, even briefly, would obviously provide a perspective that no one else has--and Keith's beautiful
storytelling coloration. But the tour has to happen first happen. So considering tour timing when weighing
when "The Night Before Altamont" will finally broadcast.

Altamont 360°, the film. I'd planned not to dive into pre-production for Altamont 360° until "The Night Before
Altamont" had wrapped---but it's just proven too tempting. Again, people are materializing and reaching out weekly,
sometimes daily, with stories and insights, offering interviews, archival materials and footage, suggesting others
to interview and offering intros to people who might be harder reach. Being in the Bay Area I'm pretty lucky because
many of the "cast of characters" is still here, and seem ready to contribute to the project in various ways. And, after all,
I walk right by Meredith Hunter's high school on my way from the train to my client at UC Berkeley. Last week I ducked
into the Berkeley Public Library and not only found some useful materials, but met a locaquacious old dude whose
brother was in Meredith Hunter's class. So...like that.

Having been thinking about Altamont since I was in my mid-teens, when I first starting seeing Gimme Shelter at all those
midnight $1 movies--and having hours of conversations with friends in high school, onto college, usually the lone chick with
my radio DJ buds, heavy discussions around the bong, and pretty much onward as I grew into an adult--reading watching thinking
about it, debates and explorations with music/cultural history geek colleagues, I'm pretty knowledgable on the topic, but it still
deserves assiduous, extremely detailed research in pre-production, rather than simply hashing through the usual articles
again and again. My bibliography includes several hundred sources. And then there's the interview list--and I won't even mention
how many are on that wish list. Not contacting anyone for interviews until I move into the funding and planning phase.

Incidentally, having researched various members of the Altamont story over lo these many years, I've always been intrigued
by and know quite a bit--albeit very superficially--about Sweet William (aka Bill Fritsch - per above), and recently did have the
great good honor to meet him.

- swiss

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 21:18 by swiss.

Posted by: TheBadRabbit ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:29

NoCode0680

Looks like a classic case of Carpathian Kitten Loss.

I think this is Sonny Barger

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:46

swiss
stanlove
His Majesty

2000 LYFH

Rockman

Just ran into this.

[www.youtube.com]

[www.google.com]

Right, on all count, stanlove.

How did you happen to stumble upon this thread now after it's been asleep since Nov 2013? smiling smiley

-swiss

I was looking at Altamonte on google and this thread came up.

I love what happened to angles and looked into this.

Can't wait for your documentary..

Do you think the guy glaring at Jagger on stage is Roberts?

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:49

Sonny was a poor excuse for a human being. A perfectly complete AH.

Date: April 9, 2014 20:38

stanlove

thanks, stanlove - when you say "angles," do you mean angles of stories? or "Hells Angels"?

I believe the man on stage with short hair---who scrutinizes how close the freaking out man is getting to Mick, yanks him away from Mick, and firmly but gently lowers him off the stage [check it out - that's one very strong fellow]---to be Bob Roberts, president of the San Francisco Hells Angels MC.

- swiss

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: April 9, 2014 21:55

swiss
stanlove

thanks, stanlove - when you say "angles," do you mean angles of stories? or "Hells Angels"?

I believe the man on stage with short hair---who scrutinizes how close the freaking out man is getting to Mick, yanks him away from Mick, and firmly but gently lowers him off the stage [check it out - that's one very strong fellow]---to be Bob Roberts, president of the San Francisco Hells Angels MC.

- swiss

Some additional info: [theguitarcave.wordpress.com]

Date: April 9, 2014 22:03

2000 LYFH
Some additional info: [theguitarcave.wordpress.com]

Yes, his is an interesting take. I tend to like guitarcave. I'm not sure I would call this a "stare-down" as much as a stern look around, given the circumstances. And to me it seems Mick is singing "Under My Thumb," not SFTD, as it seems guitarcave implies.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 9, 2014 22:24

the guy in the photo is indeed bob roberts.there are comments here saying he's looking at mick in disgust and also in some sort of gay way -you're either not paying attention to the movie or doing what psychologists call "projecting"-i will promise you one thing,you wouldnt have said it to his face.

there is an unruly mob scene going on in front of the stage and people are expecting mick to either stop the show or at least stop the band and calm the crowd.you can see the fans in the front yelling at mick and some shaking there heads as if to say "not cool man" roberts is doing basically the same thing-giving mick a kind of what in todays language would be"dude,really?

it wasnt until the great alan passaro took down the little gun wielding meth head that things boiled over.
the 81 had no problem with the stones before the show and liked the bands music and outlaw image.there would be no reason for bob to be looking at mick jagger with any scorn outside of the situation at hand.

the reason that they never hurt the stones later is that sonny stayed pissed at them in public but privately they worked it out.i heard stories of sonny and jagger doing coke together in the backroom of a club in new york during the 1970's.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1934
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home