Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12
Re: What's up with that angry Hells Angel on stage at Altamont?
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 7, 2011 03:38

steel driving hammer
Is that the guy looking angry at Mick?

Wonder what became of him.

That guy looked scary. Like one of those thugs who might committ some kind of hate crime....

Date: December 7, 2011 04:14

acid....

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2011 07:14

KSIE
I think the short-haired guy was just upset about the price of "On-Stage" seating.
smiling smiley

Nice one!

Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: December 7, 2011 14:22

DiscoVolante
Is it true that the Hells Angels actually planned to murder Mick Jagger after this? I've heard something about them getting on a boat, but due to bad weather, they never got off.

No..Its a myth. This came up in the 80s and was investigated and it was found to be just the word of one man who was full of crap. I can't believe people often repeat this as fact. It doesn't even make sense.

How would they know where Jagger was at that time?

If they were hell bent on killing him why would one failure stop them?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 7, 2011 15:29

DiscoVolante
Is it true that the Hells Angels actually planned to murder Mick Jagger after this? I've heard something about them getting on a boat, but due to bad weather, they never got off.

they must be pretty f***in' seasick by now!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 7, 2011 15:38

Hey Joe...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Jesse1960 ()
Date: December 7, 2011 18:21

Brue
Yeah I don't think it had as much to do with tripping as it did with crystal meth. They used to deal that sh*t back in the day. Of course they still do.

After the FDA began regulating the sale of ether in large quantities (55 gal barrels)the bikers, HAMC, Pagans, Bandidos, Outlaws, etc pretty much gave that source of revenue up. These days most meth is a product made by and distributed either the Mexican cartels or DIY bathtub mobile labs.

Date: December 7, 2011 18:25

stupidguy2
steel driving hammer
Is that the guy looking angry at Mick?

Wonder what became of him.

That guy looked scary. Like one of those thugs who might committ some kind of hate crime....

A couple of suggestions on how to survive an encounter with a 1%er.Never pull a gun on a bike club member or associate.Never touch his patch.And remember that rule about all on one and one on all. Don't expect a fair fight.They do not play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.Most "citizens" who have a bad experience with bike clubs bring it on themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-07 18:27 by Jesse1960.

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: December 7, 2011 18:37

GravityBoy

I know I know, its a terrible moment.... but I just love the bit where Mick tries to cool everyone and then Keith starts a funky riff and then Bills awesome fat bass comes in.

These guys could groove.

What a sad day.

Yes they could groove, but as I said earlier in the thread... stage was way to low for such a big event, in fact the whole concert was rushed with several changes of venue, but I feel a higher stage with an enclosure for those bloody Angels and their "so special bikes" and the whole event/concert would have been a great day... such a shame it turned out the way it did

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 7, 2011 18:52

Jesse1960
Brue
Yeah I don't think it had as much to do with tripping as it did with crystal meth. They used to deal that sh*t back in the day. Of course they still do.

After the FDA began regulating the sale of ether in large quantities (55 gal barrels)the bikers, HAMC, Pagans, Bandidos, Outlaws, etc pretty much gave that source of revenue up. These days most meth is a product made by and distributed either the Mexican cartels or DIY bathtub mobile labs.

So you're saying he wasn't on meth lol?

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: December 7, 2011 19:00

Jesse1960
A couple of suggestions on how to survive an encounter with a 1%er.Never pull a gun on a bike club member or associate.Never touch his patch.And remember that rule about all on one and one on all. Don't expect a fair fight.They do not play by the Marquis of Queensbury rules.Most "citizens" who have a bad experience with bike clubs bring it on themselves.

I would not mess with a 1%er, the 1% purported to be involved in crime out of all gang members, I wouldn't mess with a 99%er, if that means, the 99% who aren't involved in any illegal activities. Yeah, my friend is a peaceful biker, goes to Sturgis ever so often and indeed is like most bikers, just riding for the freedom of it and not involved in any of those gangs or ever has been... but he sure can tell some stories. My friend by the way "dropped his bike", I think that's how he said it, the other day on the freeway... before that he never wore a helmet, he was not hurt but now, he is wearing a helmet. Maybe he scraped himself up but nothing serious.

You also have Motorcycling groups out there that have no connections to OMGs, Outlaw Motorcycling Gangs, they are founded on other interests, your Bikers for Christ types and on and on. OMGs are in this state but again, one wants to say it is only 1% which would be a very small number who are involved in illegal, I don't know how the percentages would actually be broken down, that's just a figure they use, 1%. That would mean 1 person in a hundred of an OMG are involved in something illegal. Not sure about that.

Those OMGs are in Europe and Australia, New Zealand too or at least trying to get into NZ, I read an article on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-12-07 19:18 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: December 7, 2011 19:06

Brue
Jesse1960
Brue

I think Jesse knows where to get the good stuff.smiling bouncing smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Date: December 7, 2011 19:42

Brue
Jesse1960
Brue

Not what I wrote.My post was in reference to your statement that they deal it.Apparently you can read, but comprehension isn't your strong point.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 7, 2011 19:53

Gazza
DiscoVolante

they must be pretty f***in' seasick by now!

Yeah, but when they do eventually get the 'hit', he'll never see it coming!

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: December 8, 2011 00:03

Jesse1960
Brue
Jesse1960
Brue

Not what I wrote.My post was in reference to your statement that they deal it.Apparently you can read, but comprehension isn't your strong point.

Oh dear. An angry one. Yeah, but was the guy on meth?winking smiley

Posted by: BikerDude ()
Date: September 17, 2012 00:11

I know this is an old thread but I stumbled on it anyway.

The Angel in question is George Christie. President of the Ventura chapter of the Angels. As he still is. Of course he's older now.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL0LCHxcTDg

Sonny Barger was there and can be seen in many scenes.
He and the Oakland chapter got there late. He can be seen on the lead bike coming through the crowd and later on stage.

Posted by: BikerDude ()
Date: September 17, 2012 00:25

brianwalker
DiscoVolante

No..Its a myth. This came up in the 80s and was investigated and it was found to be just the word of one man who was full of crap. I can't believe people often repeat this as fact. It doesn't even make sense.

How would they know where Jagger was at that time?

If they were hell bent on killing him why would one failure stop them?

It was rumored for years and revived when someone from the FBI gave details about an attempt that failed.
www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-524379/The-night-Hells-Angels-tried-assassinate-Mick-Jagger.html

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 17, 2012 00:42

dannyhowells
Wonder if the audio of Altamont lurks in the Stones vaults?
Now that would be a very interesting release.

there was interview in the Oakland Tribune newspaper years ago which you can no longer access for free where a recording engineer who was officially
recording the show that day and claims to still have the original tapes!! Wonder if he ever transferred them to digital format? would be a shame if they were sitting in his house deteriorating......

Also here is an interesting article on the making of the film "Gimme Shelter".

[www.salon.com]

One of the Film Directors, Charlotte Zwerin, mentions getting an uncut copy of
the complete performance to review:

"The performance of 'Gimme Shelter' was one of the most powerful things I'd ever
heard. At one point the Maysles sent me tapes of the entire Stones performance
uncut; it's out of a horror movie."

So the more I read the more I am convinced Albert still has a bunch of
incredible 69 tour audio/video in the vaults........

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: September 17, 2012 00:59

DiscoVolante
I've heard that the main reason for the violence in front of the stage was due to demolision of the bikers bikes. Keith writes in his book that the Angels simply parked their bikes in front of the stage. This is not shown in Gimme Shelter. I wonder what he sees in the audience. It looks like he's trying to control his anger and not killing anybody.

Pity the whole Altomont thing was rushed - stage thrown up overnight - stage should have been much higher with an enclosure for the angels bikes. The guy you are talking about is a prime example, there he was stoned whacked out of his head and he could be on stage beside Jagger drinking smiley

Date: September 17, 2012 01:17

The girls up front are amazing. There is one w/ tambourine, very pretty who is grooving with all the mayhem going on. The look at 7:13 on another one girl; she turns around and sees "Holy Shit! Mick Jagger!" and she throws her hair, all sexy. What is the guy who looks adoringly at Jagger saying at 7:23? "They're not hurt, man" ???

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: September 17, 2012 01:38

I've often watched the guy who freaks on stage - there's something primitive about his gestures...I'd say he's definitely on a very bad acid trip. Notice how he just gets absorbed by the Angels...kind of a wild little moment. And the guy from the Angels looks disgusted, like he can't believe they're wasting their time guarding those skinny rock n' roll fairies.

Cool scene in the movie. Thanks for resurfacing it.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 17, 2012 01:40

Jesse1960
Brue

Ugly poison that it is, people make that crap in 2 liter plastic soda bottles now although I don't doubt the Mexicans are still importing it by the ton.

That dude staring looks to me like he's checking out Keith's ass or something, there is a certain sexual predatory ambiguity about him that certainly gives me the chills. peace

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 17, 2012 01:46

Naturalust
Jesse1960
Brue

Ugly poison that it is, people make that crap in 2 liter plastic soda bottles now although I don't doubt the Mexicans are still importing it by the ton.

That dude staring looks to me like he's checking out Keith's ass or something, there is a certain sexual predatory ambiguity about him that certainly gives me the chills. peace

A Gay Angel? grinning smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 17, 2012 03:07

NICOS
Naturalust
Jesse1960
Brue

A Gay Angel? grinning smiley

This was basically a San Francisco show right? peace

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: September 17, 2012 13:27

stones78
This is probably the guy DiscoVolante is talking about:

And this is the guy tripping:

Wolverine

Posted by: JK ()
Date: September 17, 2012 14:17

Sonny Barger website

[sonnybarger.com]

Date: September 17, 2012 16:23

StonesTod
the 2nd guy isn't tripping...he's just remembered he forgot to get the mortgage payment in on time again.

I thought it was 'how many different names can I come up with to torture people under sometime quite later in the future?'

Date: September 17, 2012 16:28

Anyone ever find out who the chick with the tambourine was?

Date: September 17, 2012 16:32

This picture is of George Christie then?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: September 17, 2012 16:42

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

This picture is of George Christie then?

He looks more like a "Butch" to me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1835
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home