Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Did Richards really piss Jagger off that much with his book? They are two 70 year old children
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:38

proudmary
this book finally divided Stones fans into two camps who fight with each other on every topic.

No book can do that. Fans who keep bringing up the same old stuff do that.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Did Richards really piss Jagger off that much with his book? They are two 70 year old children
Posted by: brianwalker ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:44

James Kirk
Don't get me wrong I thought a lot of the book (not all of it) was full of cheap shots from Richards. I also think that Richards is believing his own press clippings these days and is happy being a caricature of himself. Which is funny because that is the very thing he claimed to hate about Jagger in the mid 80's.

That said was there really anything in the book that was that upsetting to Jagger? When you think about it we had heard pretty much all of this (including the tiny todger nonsense) in one form or another from Richards in the past.

I can't believe that Jagger is going to shut the Stones down based on Richards book. As a matter of fact I think Jagger comes out looking like the far bigger person because of the petty nature of Richards comments in the book.

There is no way in hell Jagger is going to turn his back on a potential billion dollar payday because Keith Richards said some fooli/ self aggrandizing things (that he said many times in the past) that hurt Jagger's feelings...I'm betting that Jagger is using this latest conversation through the worlds press as leverage to get whatever he wants of of Richards and that the Stones will roll in 2012 in whatever way Jagger says they will.

These guys are seriously lime two 70 children...Bottom line is get your credit cards ready. The Stones are coming next year in one form or another.

OK..I will try this one more time. Why when wondering if Jagger will shut down the Stones do people only look at what Richards had said in the past. Thats only part of the problem.

Read my next point because it really makes things pretty obvious.

The problem now is that Jagger to work with the Stones would have to spend a year or a month with a guy who already proven he is looking for any dirt on Jagger so he can tell the world about it. Richards has proven he will go out of his way to try and destroy Jagger's image as a musician and as a person. He has proven he will dish any dirt he can find about Jagger. Even if its something that I am sure Jagger would not want his own family to know about, Richards has proven that he doesn't care and will go out of his way to expose it.

Would you want to hang around with someone under thoses conditions? I know I wouldn't. Who wants to spend a year with a Rat Bastard looking for dirt so he can try and destroy you later on.

Why is this so hard to grasp on this board?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:47

sweetcharmedlife
Turn up Some Brussels Girls Affair and just rock out!

smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 24, 2011 01:57

brianwalker
James Kirk
Don't get me wrong I thought a lot of the book (not all of it) was full of cheap shots from Richards. I also think that Richards is believing his own press clippings these days and is happy being a caricature of himself. Which is funny because that is the very thing he claimed to hate about Jagger in the mid 80's.

That said was there really anything in the book that was that upsetting to Jagger? When you think about it we had heard pretty much all of this (including the tiny todger nonsense) in one form or another from Richards in the past.

I can't believe that Jagger is going to shut the Stones down based on Richards book. As a matter of fact I think Jagger comes out looking like the far bigger person because of the petty nature of Richards comments in the book.

There is no way in hell Jagger is going to turn his back on a potential billion dollar payday because Keith Richards said some fooli/ self aggrandizing things (that he said many times in the past) that hurt Jagger's feelings...I'm betting that Jagger is using this latest conversation through the worlds press as leverage to get whatever he wants of of Richards and that the Stones will roll in 2012 in whatever way Jagger says they will.

These guys are seriously lime two 70 children...Bottom line is get your credit cards ready. The Stones are coming next year in one form or another.

OK..I will try this one more time. Why when wondering if Jagger will shut down the Stones do people only look at what Richards had said in the past. Thats only part of the problem.

Read my next point because it really makes things pretty obvious.

The problem now is that Jagger to work with the Stones would have to spend a year or a month with a guy who already proven he is looking for any dirt on Jagger so he can tell the world about it. Richards has proven he will go out of his way to try and destroy Jagger's image as a musician and as a person. He has proven he will dish any dirt he can find about Jagger. Even if its something that I am sure Jagger would not want his own family to know about, Richards has proven that he doesn't care and will go out of his way to expose it.

Would you want to hang around with someone under thoses conditions? I know I wouldn't. Who wants to spend a year with a Rat Bastard looking for dirt so he can try and destroy you later on.

Why is this so hard to grasp on this board?

With all due respect it is hard to grasp because it in no way reflects reality. It's all an act. Ronnie's buffoonery, Keith's book, etc. Just "filler" leading up to the 50th anniversary. They had five years to "kill" and they couldn't have done a more masterful job of keeping themselves in the news. Behind closed doors Mick and Keith are the closest of brothers.

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:01

Rolling Hansie
proudmary
this book finally divided Stones fans into two camps who fight with each other on every topic.

No book can do that. Fans who keep bringing up the same old stuff do that.

thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:01

proudmary
Does this topic really need the 500 threads it already has ?

If there are people who are interested to discuss the damage this book
caused to relationship between Mick and KR, and the Stones legacy in general - I see no reasons why not. You do not like this thread - go somewhere else.
Btw, there is one more side effect - this book finally divided Stones fans into two camps who fight with each other on every topic.

'Finally' LOL

There's three 'camps'. There's the two small minorities who feel it to be their mission in life to blindly defend their hero and then there's the third one - the majority of people who have a life, who find the whole thing tiresome beyond belief, who dont let it keep them awake at nights and who dont obsess worrying on behalf of a rock star they dont know.

Posted by: northernale1 ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:04

OMG,,, really again

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:21

stonescrow
With all due respect it is hard to grasp because it in no way reflects reality. It's all an act. Ronnie's buffoonery, Keith's book, etc. Just "filler" leading up to the 50th anniversary. They had five years to "kill" and they couldn't have done a more masterful job of keeping themselves in the news. Behind closed doors Mick and Keith are the closest of brothers.
it's all an act? well, give Ronnie an Oscar then because his role as an alcoholic was so believable! or maybe he really was an alcoholic and he was given loads of money from the Stones organization to drink himself into an unhealthy situation in the name of "filler".
stonescrow, with all due respect, your messages in no way reflect reality. but keep at it! i'm enjoying them.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 24, 2011 02:56

stonescrow

Posted by: rogue ()
Date: November 24, 2011 04:32

"All the truth in the world adds up to one big lie."
-Bob Dylan

No one knows what is the truth, a lie or filler.

Somewhere over the years I remember seeing a post on IORR that went something like this: You have the sun, you have the moon, and you have The Rolling Stones.

That's why I read this board. Their recorded music (i.e., Charlie, Stew, Brian, Bill, M. Jagger, M. Taylor, Ronnie and Keith) has been a major part of my life.

Now, I know what I read in Life and I know I 'd be pissed. But I am not Mick Jagger the man who has millions of fans that want to see him front the Stones. We can joke about the money but what gets you out of bed to put up with shit all day. Would you turn it down instead of working with a guy you and everybody else knows is a junkie with fried brain? I like Keith's music and all but you'd have to pay me millions to put up with his crap. And maybe as the pot stirs and Richards sweats and the fans wait and the promoters fall over themselves Mick knows he'll get the last laugh. Because without Mick Jagger it ain't the Stones. Without Keith it ain't the Stones and it'll never be the Stones without Mr. Charlie Watts.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 24, 2011 04:42

Please, let's beat this into the ground some more....Let it rest ffs.

Re: The Rolling Stones
Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 24, 2011 06:27

with sssoul
... you're mistaking what fans post on iorr for what the Stones actually think and feel.
that's a flawed approach, as too many threads in the past year have already demonstrated.
now turn up the Stones

Amen, some people here spend way too much time analyzing what may be going on within the Stones camp. As much as I hate to say it they're probably loving all the free PR they're getting here while they're busy planning their next tour.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 24, 2011 06:34

bv
Keith says he has seen Mick's ass on stage for 50 years. Mick has seen Keith's ass for 50 years because Keith face Charlie often. In fact they are ass to ass so no worries. See you on tour!

Well... to be serious... There is a financial crisis. In most of Europe, also many other places where the Stones normally tour. If you went to London school of economics then you know this means you need to think before you spend. I am pretty sure they look into options for next year. They = Michael Cohl and Mick. The rest of them just want to go out there and play, but crew need payments and venues may get bankrupt and the Euro might not exist next summer, so no wonder our LSE guy need some time to think...

Thanks bv. the smartest post yet! 'nuff said... thumbs up

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 24, 2011 09:09

Keith's "honest feelings"??? LOL... Keith Kardashian....

In keith's own words, he thinks of his relationship to Jagger as a "marriage" One that, again, in his own words, from which they cannot be "divorced".

Little wonder then that "Brenda" should not leave the house w/out Honest Keef's approval and have a solo career... you know, where one goes out and does something creative -

Creative Keef who wishes to die on stage, or so he says, could've chosen to record new music with the Winos and tour endlessly, but he doesn't. Instead, chose to write about himself to pass the time and grab some $$$$

What was it Charlie said? .. "I hope Keith wrote nice things about people"

Re: The Rolling Stones
Date: November 24, 2011 09:38

with sssoul
... you're mistaking what fans post on iorr for what the Stones actually think and feel.
that's a flawed approach, as too many threads in the past year have already demonstrated.
now turn up the Stones

Post of the year! Thanks with sssoul! thumbs up

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 24, 2011 09:47

SweetThing

Creative Keef who wishes to die on stage, or so he says, could've chosen to record new music with the Winos and tour endlessly, but he doesn't. Instead, chose to write about himself to pass the time and grab some $$$$

Nonesense. Keith is working on new X-pensive Winoes album and he worked on a new Tom Waits album, At the time of writing - he did small movie role in a stupd Disney movie, recordings with Jack White, Worked on Johnny Depp´s documentary about his life (with the Winoes), and recently he worked on a new recordings with Lou Pallo. If you wanna trash Keith - fine - but at least remember some facts. For someone who is almost 70 and has all the money in the world to retire - that´s rather creative

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 09:57 by seitan.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 24, 2011 09:55

SweetThing

and what´s wrong with him taking money ?

Would the book have been better - if Keith would have lied and said: Everything has always been great between me and Mick, we never had any probleams. Would telling lies been better ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 10:01 by seitan.

Date: November 24, 2011 09:59

What makes you so greedy. Makes you so seedy smiling smiley

Date: November 24, 2011 10:04

seitan
SweetThing

Nonesense. Keith is working on new X-pensive Winoes album and he worked on a new Tom Waits album, At the time of writing - he did small movie role in a stupd Disney movie, recordings with Jack White, Worked on Johnny Depp´s documentary about his life (with the Winoes), and recently he worked on a new recordings with Lou Pallo. If you wanna trash Keith - fine - but at least remember some facts. For someone who is almost 70 and has all the money in the world to retire - that´s rather creative

And don't forget the Louis Vuitton ad!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 24, 2011 10:06

SweetThing

In keith's own words, he thinks of his relationship to Jagger as a "marriage" One that, again, in his own words, from which they cannot be "divorced".

Little wonder then that "Brenda" should not leave the house w/out Honest Keef's approval and have a solo career... you know, where one goes out and does something creative -

>grinning smiley<

The latest dumbed down Keith Kardashian quote (about the 'babies'):

"There's no point in writing for the Stones until I know that Mick Jagger's in. He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him. If he doesn't like them – or if he poo-poos them – I take them somewhere else."

My heart cries. sad smiley That cruel cold-hearted Jagger bastard. Pig!angry smiley

- Doxa

Date: November 24, 2011 10:36

Doxa
SweetThing

>grinning smiley<

"There's no point in writing for the Stones until I know that Mick Jagger's in. He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him. If he doesn't like them – or if he poo-poos them – I take them somewhere else."

My heart cries. sad smiley That cruel cold-hearted Jagger bastard. Pig!angry smiley

- Doxa

Can't see anything wrong with that statement? confused smiley

To sum it up:

- Keith wants to play with the Stones
- Keith doesn't know if this suits Jagger's plans yet
- Keith wants to record
- In the meantime, he writes songs and gets his chops together

But you're right, he could have chosen to say nothing about his recording, nothing about what he wants to do etc. But that would not have been in line with the 50th anniversary pr-strategy winking smiley

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: November 24, 2011 10:57

Jagger can't shut them down

Jagger is the unhappy one.Who is this jerk who can come up with reel nonsens

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 24, 2011 11:11

Doxa
SweetThing

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

Keith Kardashian! Now, it's funny

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:01

DandelionPowderman
Doxa
SweetThing

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

To sum it up:

- Keith wants to record

But you're right, he could have chosen to say nothing about his recording, nothing about what he wants to do etc. But that would not have been in line with the 50th anniversary pr-strategy winking smiley

Dandy my friend, you didn't quite catch the melodramatic part of it. You might be right about Keith's intentions but the means - the very words - he uses are just so corny. Keith is talking exactly like an bitter ex-wife here who doesn't get the response to her feelings "He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him". That is: "anything I ever do I do for him. I can give him everything; there is no else in the world than him. But the bastard doesn't appreciate my love! So I go and fvck next trackdriver I find. Let the bastard suffer". I find that extremily corny sounding coming from a 68 year old man, and how dependent he artisticwise sounds to be on Mick. Like Mick is his muse. Sweet Thing's description is spot on. Besides, Keith's vocabulary to describe the Stones and their music with terms like of "brother, baby, family, marriage, etc." has long dried out from out its metaphorical fruihfulness. I find it ridiculous, actually. It was nice and catchy some 20/25 years ago.

Sorry but it is extremily hard for me to see Keith any way "cool" these days. And I am honest with my feelings here. But the minute I put THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR - or Waits' new album - on, that doesn't mean a shit.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 14:05 by Doxa.

Date: November 25, 2011 14:06

Doxa
DandelionPowderman
Doxa
SweetThing

>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

To sum it up:

- Keith wants to record

Dandy my friend, you didn't quite catch the melodramatic part of it. You might be right about Keith's intentions but the means - the very words - he uses are just so corny. Keith is talking exactly like an bitter ex-wife here who doesn't get the response to her feelings "He could have every song I've ever written. They're all for him". That is: "anything I ever do I do him. I can give him everything; there is no else in the world than him. But the bastard doesn't appreciate my love! So I go and fvck next trackdriver I find. Let the bastard suffer". I find that extremily corny sounding coming 68 year old man, and how dependent he artisticwuse sounds to be from Mick. Like Mick is his muse. Sweet Thing's description is spot on. Besides, Keith's vocabulary to describe the Stones and their music with terms like of "brother, baby, family, marriage, etc." has long dried out from out its metaphorical fruihfulness. I find it ridiculous, actually. It was nice and catchy some 20/25 years ago.

Sorry but it is extremily hard for me to see Keith any way "cool" these days. And I am honest with my feelings here. But the minute I put THE BRUSSELS AFFAIR - or Waits' new album - on, that doesn't mean a shit.

- Doxa

LOL! IMO, you need a vivid imagination to a) interpret Keith's quotes like that and b) believe that the reporters capture and forward Keith's intentions in that way, without writing anything direct about it. As a reporter myself, I know I would have winking smiley

It would have been much more like this:

Keith pisses off Mick by hijacking studio time for the Stones

or

Keith claims Mick won't touch his songs - tour in jeopardy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 14:31 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1651
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home