Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

streetview google maps-Stones related points
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 24, 2011 18:56

Any Stones related views on google maps ??

Re: streetview google maps-Stones related points
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 24, 2011 19:12

How do I keep these map making mostly unsafe, low flying pilots out of my back yard? This is a huge lack of privacy issue and I hate that they can publish what I consider to be private views of my home(s).

Screw Google for their 'Not doing the right thing" here. It is the beginning of the end for personal privacy.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 24, 2011 19:13

Here's a few..........[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 24, 2011 19:22

Naturalust
How do I keep these map making mostly unsafe, low flying pilots out of my back yard? This is a huge lack of privacy issue and I hate that they can publish what I consider to be private views of my home(s).

Screw Google for their 'Not doing the right thing" here. It is the beginning of the end for personal privacy.

You're lucky...I am actually on it......eye popping smiley .....Light coloured jacket...... [maps.google.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 19:22 by EddieByword.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 24, 2011 21:53

The stage at Estádio José Alvalade in Lisbon looks kind of familiar. Big Bang tour?

Search for: Sporting Clube de Portugal, R. Cipriano Dourado, Lumiar, 1600 Lisboa, Portugal

Date: November 25, 2011 08:37

EddieByword
Naturalust

You're lucky...I am actually on it......eye popping smiley .....Light coloured jacket...... [maps.google.co.uk]

Wow Eddie, who's that woman on your arm? All dressed up to do NO harm? Hopefully your wife and not your mistress! lol. A nice looking couple at least. It looks like you were looking at the photographer. Do you remember when the photo was taken and who took it?

My wife dragged the mattresses out on the deck to listen to the waves on the night before our overhead view was taken. You can see the crumpled bedsheets in the morning light, probably would have seen by bare ass in action if they would have been a few minutes earlier. I am horrified by the possibilities.

Google snuck that in on us so fast we didn't have time for a mass community objection. I hope I am not the only one who thinks this sucks. Not that I have anything to hide but time for a Cheech and Chong styled tarping with painted all OK scene from above....But in reality I am quite disturbed over this Google bullying. . peace.

Posted by: yorkey ()
Date: November 25, 2011 10:59

Well, here's a Led Zeppelin related point, just a few metres from my house. [g.co] grinning smiley

You got the Sun, You got the Moon,
and you've got
The Rolling Stones

Date: November 25, 2011 12:42

Naturalust
EddieByword
Naturalust

Wow Eddie, who's that woman on your arm? All dressed up to do NO harm? Hopefully your wife and not your mistress! lol. A nice looking couple at least. It looks like you were looking at the photographer. Do you remember when the photo was taken and who took it?

My wife dragged the mattresses out on the deck to listen to the waves on the night before our overhead view was taken. You can see the crumpled bedsheets in the morning light, probably would have seen by bare ass in action if they would have been a few minutes earlier. I am horrified by the possibilities.

Google snuck that in on us so fast we didn't have time for a mass community objection. I hope I am not the only one who thinks this sucks. Not that I have anything to hide but time for a Cheech and Chong styled tarping with painted all OK scene from above....But in reality I am quite disturbed over this Google bullying. . peace.

No, not my mistress, never needed one of them....................lol......photographer ?...we we're just walking from the car into the town centre and this van drove slowly by with a big 360 degree camera mounted on the roof..(wha'chew looking at ?)......about 6 years ago...when I later got my computer I remembered and so checked it out and there we were...........

Lol about your bare ass.........seriously though ..are you talking about helicopters filming ....all I've seen is the streetview shots taken from the vans and of course the overhead satellite shots but they seem to lose resolution at about 500 ft. or so..............I don't think I like the idea of helicopters buzzing all round either....................

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 15:26 by EddieByword.

Date: November 25, 2011 13:17

thanks. Not helicopters here but small fixed wing single engine planes , flying well below the 500 foot limit our Federal Airline Regulations (FAR's) require.

They have really become a problem in the last three years. They often cut the engines and glide to reduce vibrations and they get amazingly high resolution photos of my property and probably yours.

One outfit got too close for singer Barbara Striesand's taste when photgraphing the coastline at her Malibu, CA house. You could actually see IN the windows of her house. She took them to court and LOST. Our fear mongering judicial said that because the outfit were sharing their photo's with the cops (law enforcement) that they were doing us all a service and allows them to continue this charade. I usually flip them off and have seen photos with my defiant middle finger raised in salute.

Another problem is that the pilots (all pilots) in general think they are some priviledged class of citzens and above most other folks (pun yes) and their crap doesn't stink. They stick together to the point of lying and making it very difficult for the average Joe to do anything about it. The FAA is made up of jerks like this and our court documents in the USA are littered with bogus harassment to anyone who complains about it. Whew. It is one of my pet peeves these days. One day one of these idiots will probably crash into a private home and then maybe we will get some visibility on the issue. peace.

Date: November 25, 2011 14:08

Naturalust
thanks. Not helicopters here but small fixed wing single engine planes , flying well below the 500 foot limit our Federal Airline Regulations (FAR's) require.

They have really become a problem in the last three years. They often cut the engines and glide to reduce vibrations and they get amazingly high resolution photos of my property and probably yours.

One outfit got too close for singer Barbara Striesand's taste when photgraphing the coastline at her Malibu, CA house. You could actually see IN the windows of her house. She took them to court and LOST. Our fear mongering judicial said that because the outfit were sharing their photo's with the cops (law enforcement) that they were doing us all a service and allows them to continue this charade. I usually flip them off and have seen photos with my defiant middle finger raised in salute.

Another problem is that the pilots (all pilots) in general think they are some priviledged class of citzens and above most other folks (pun yes) and their crap doesn't stink. They stick together to the point of lying and making it very difficult for the average Joe to do anything about it. The FAA is made up of jerks like this and our court documents in the USA are littered with bogus harassment to anyone who complains about it. Whew. It is one of my pet peeves these days. One day one of these idiots will probably crash into a private home and then maybe we will get some visibility on the issue. peace.

In Europe there's a right to a private life law - of course the parameters of this are constantly being 'explored' the media, the government(s) (local goverments are by far the most intrusive) and subsequently the judiciary. I guess there (maybe not) you have a similar law. You would have thought that this law would mean that even the cops should be compelled to keeps their noses out of a persons business unless they are suspected of committing a specific crime which then warrants targeted surveillence ?....You would have thought there would be something in your constitution which could be cited to challenge this abitary collection of information (even if it might be useful to the cops at a later date) at the expense of the individual's right to a private life ?............meanwhile...play Fingerprint file loud.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-25 14:11 by EddieByword.

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:33

... making bets on Kentucky Derby Day ...

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: November 25, 2011 14:40

... We spent a lonely night at the Memory Motel ...

[maps.google.de]

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: November 25, 2011 15:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1808
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home