Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Do you Think I Really Care ?
Posted by: microvibe ()
Date: November 23, 2011 21:07

horrible!

Posted by: Edward Twining ()
Date: November 24, 2011 19:40

This track works well, i think. Jagger's vocal sounds really good here, especially if this is genuinely one of his latest efforts. I don't think it sounds obviously one of Jagger's recent vocals, because he does manage to sound pretty close to how he did in the late seventies. He seems to overcome the need to slip into that thin, nasal, and irritatingly affected overaccentuation. I slightly anticipated he may return to it as the song continued, but he managed to stay pretty clear of it throughout. I'm not sure why if he could so successfully recapture much of his old form here, he couldn't do it on some of his other new vocals, one or two of which i actually find rather ghastly. It's a pretty undemanding track, and obviously filler. However, it's mildly addictive filler, and a song that i'm likely to return to on occasions. It's better than pretty much all the Stones releases in the last three decades, prior to this and the recent EXILE re release, and i think that says a lot for its merits, even if they are pretty modest when compared to the Stones better moments, from earler times. Its sounds a little like a lesser 'Dead Flowers'. It has an early seventies vibe, for me.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-24 20:01 by Edward Twining.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:08

I've been listening to this track (not surprisingly since its my favorite outtake) ever since it was released. I gotta say that this has to be Mick's best modern vocal delivery in years. The last time I was floored by his vocals were probably Bridges to Babylon..."Out of Control"

As I listen to the vocal on "Do You Think I Really Care" I actually laugh. Not at Mick...but with Mick. This is the most playful and fun vocal delivery by Mick I've heard in a long time. The way his voice climbs and dips all in that wonderful country twang...is extremely fun! The last 2 minutes of the song with his adlibs during the outro is fantastic.

I can't be more thankful that (for whatever reason) Mick stayed completely away from his usual nasal delivery that he's been doing for years now when he redid this track. I have no idea if it was a conscious decision, a suggestion from Don or what but this song is a minor miracle that it turned out so well.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:15

Agree to that! thumbs up

Date: November 26, 2011 00:20

.....And as "No Spare Parts" comes on the stereo now...it boggles my mind that Mick totally went back to his normal nasal delivery here. I mean, this song is just as "country" as "Do You Think I Really Care" yet it's nowhere near the wonderful delivery he did earlier. Again, I say it really was a miracle that "Do You" was spared the true 2011 treatment like "No Spare Parts"(and all the other 2011 vocal overdubs) got...

Oh dear...here comes on "Don't Be A Stranger" (Justin reaching for the skip button)

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:21

.......Gals with umbrellas ain't gonna be the same from now on ...Yoooohooo

ROCKMAN

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:24

Justin
Oh dear...here comes on "Don't Be A Stranger" (Justin reaching for the skip button)

it really is the only track on the disc with unlistenable 2011 mick at the mic. it's like he developed a speech impediment where he can't enunciate "r's" probably...there are speech therapists out there, mick!! seek help!

Date: November 26, 2011 00:31

Absolutely.

And yet Mick apparently feels (as heard on that NPR interview) that his voice today is quote, "very similar" to how his voice was in the 70's. HA!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:40

Rockman
.......Gals with umbrellas ain't gonna be the same from now on ...Yoooohoo

I know! I need a Yellow cab...

Date: November 26, 2011 00:44

Justin
Absolutely.

And yet Mick apparently feels (as heard on that NPR interview) that his voice today is quote, "very similar" to how his voice was in the 70's. HA!

the voice isn't the issue..at least for me...it's some of these singing personas he's adopted over the years...sounds like he's not even aware of them. admitting you have a problem is the first step toward correcting it, mick.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:47

Perhaps that thin, nasal, and irritatingly affected overaccentuation on "Don't be a Stranger" is because Mick thinks those forreigners don't understand him ferry vell tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: thewatchman ()
Date: November 26, 2011 00:48

Wow! Mick is amazing, absolutely amazing.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:00

Justin
I've been listening to this track (not surprisingly since its my favorite outtake) ever since it was released. I gotta say that this has to be Mick's best modern vocal delivery in years. The last time I was floored by his vocals were probably Bridges to Babylon..."Out of Control"

As I listen to the vocal on "Do You Think I Really Care" I actually laugh. Not at Mick...but with Mick. This is the most playful and fun vocal delivery by Mick I've heard in a long time. The way his voice climbs and dips all in that wonderful country twang...is extremely fun! The last 2 minutes of the song with his adlibs during the outro is fantastic.

I can't be more thankful that (for whatever reason) Mick stayed completely away from his usual nasal delivery that he's been doing for years now when he redid this track. I have no idea if it was a conscious decision, a suggestion from Don or what but this song is a minor miracle that it turned out so well.

Absolutely agree with you on all counts. Reminded me a little bit of his voice on Till The Next Goodbye. Mick is a miracle worker.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:27

proudmary
Doxa
At the moment the song is my favourite in Bonus album. In fact, it is not far from the "Plundered My Soul" status. And that means a lot.thumbs up

- Doxa

+1. You're right - the magic is there.
thumbs up

Date: November 26, 2011 01:28

Is this Keith on backing vocals or Mick doing his Keith impression?

Date: November 26, 2011 01:32

71Tele

like the snl skit?

Date: November 26, 2011 01:44

StonesTod
71Tele

like the snl skit?

Yes, exactly. Maybe if Ronnie is having trouble he can be replaced by Mike Myers.

Date: November 26, 2011 01:59

71Tele
Yeah, it's Mick doing his Keith impression.

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 18:22

Terrific song, one of the best on the bonus cd! Really like Mick's (new) vocals on this one.

Pete.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: November 26, 2011 18:24

My impression is that the song melody and instrumental is a lot better than Mick's lyrics for this song.

Give it a new song title and lyrics and do it over again.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 26, 2011 19:51

open-g
Perhaps that thin, nasal, and irritatingly affected overaccentuation on "Don't be a Stranger" is because Mick thinks those forreigners don't understand him ferry vell tongue sticking out smiley

thumbs up
Don't be a stranger" could be a good song but with that voice it's really unlistenable.

Date: November 26, 2011 20:01

The 'dippy' country songs are the best tracks on this album!

Date: November 26, 2011 20:19

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Yes, they are...Got "No Spare Parts" running through my head every day. Love it despite Mick's ungrammatical "I ain't accustomed to lose" (should be "losing"). Had Some Girls been made in the CD era, with room for more songs, either of these could have made the cut. Not sure about the others, though "We Had It All" is a great cover.

Date: November 26, 2011 20:57

71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

Yes, they are...Got "No Spare Parts" running through my head every day. Love it despite Mick's ungrammatical "I ain't accustomed to lose" (should be "losing"). Had Some Girls been made in the CD era, with room for more songs, either of these could have made the cut. Not sure about the others, though "We Had It All" is a great cover.

if bad grammar bothers you, you really can't be a stones fan, tele. and you can't be a dylan fan...and, well, you just can't be a rockn'roll fan at all.

Date: November 26, 2011 21:25

71Tele can't get no satisfaction?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 26, 2011 21:40

.....anyone complaining about any of the vocals on SG deluxe should try going back to ABB and listening to Streets of Love as punishment...there is not one outtake nearly as annoying and terrible as that.

Date: November 26, 2011 21:44

Rip This
.....anyone complaining about any of the vocals on SG deluxe should try going back to ABB and listening to Streets of Love as punishment...there is not one outtake nearly as annoying and terrible as that.

i yi yi yi believe you....

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 27, 2011 00:09

..in this case torture works.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 27, 2011 00:23

StonesTod
71Tele
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues

if bad grammar bothers you, you really can't be a stones fan, tele. and you can't be a dylan fan...and, well, you just can't be a rockn'roll fan at all.

I Can't Get No Satisfaction - perfect grammar!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1642
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home