Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Evidence tha Wyman and Taylor are part of the 50th
Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:22

The dream is still alive!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:27

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Bill Wyman is going to go on the international/world tour.

and your source for this solid information is?...

Date: November 18, 2011 03:45

Bill...

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:57

treaclefingers
melillo
I can see BILL agreeing to do some EURO gigs on the tour for the 50th, but no way he would do the complete tour IMO

They could give Bill a 30 day head start and he could take a ship from London to New York...and then tour bus it from stop to stop across North America.

It's not like he's 80 or anything...he's only 75 for crissakes!

Wonder if he still fears flying? He is 75 years old. Why would anybody at that age fear dying?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:54

Who's Driving Your Plane?
Bill...

Well, glad Bill chose to share that with you.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:42

It's great to have some hope for a change.

Re: Keith Richards Inviting Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor to Rolling Stones Jam Sessions, Looks Back at 'Some Girls,'
Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 18, 2011 10:58

This all seems too good to be true!

Re: Keith Richards Inviting Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor to Rolling Stones Jam Sessions, Looks Back at 'Some Girls,'
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:30

Why not get in touch with Bill yourselves? Tell him how much you love him.

[billwyman.com]

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 18, 2011 11:35

Bill is probabably the most fit (musically, mentally and physically) of all of them to do a tour. It just depends on if he is invited and if he wants to do it.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:01

Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
Bill Wyman isnt going to go on an international/world tour with the Rolling Stones. Nice idea, but its a pipedream.

I know, but a couple of shows? You never know...

As a guest on a few songs? Sure. But they're hardly going to have him rehearse a bass part and replace Darryl Jones on a 2-hour show.

Deep down Gazza - I know you're right.But how do think Mick T and Bill for 3 nights in London would go down? Purely hypothetical of course - but jeez, that would be something not to miss.However, if we only get a mini set from all 6 stones( and a dvd of course) Id still be appreciative.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 18, 2011 15:23

Some Girls new tracks, Texas 78, Brussels Affair officially, Stones jamming, maybe with BW and MT ... what we come to know tomorrow? In need some "little helper" to calm down ...

Posted by: Squiggle ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:03

The same story at the Guardian:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:10

I think Mick Taylor and Bill will be surprised by Keith's comments about them "all been Stones".

I wonder if MT rushed to the bank to check his balance ! winking smiley

sc uk

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 18, 2011 16:20

straycatuk
I think Mick Taylor and Bill will be surprised by Keith's comments about them "all been Stones".

I wonder if MT rushed to the bank to check his balance ! winking smiley

sc uk

I don't think they are surprised. They where part of the Stones and added a significant contribution to their sound and
popularity. It would be quite foolish not to ask them imo. Let's hope they say "ok".

Date: November 18, 2011 16:23

If this indeed is the last goodbye AND celebration of the 50 years long career, then Keith's comments are perfectly understandable and appropriate, imo.

Let's hope they all meet up and have fun!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 18, 2011 17:13

would be f.... greeat !!!
jeroen

Posted by: stones78 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 17:25

Well, it's great that Keith is finally recognizing Bill's playing. Imagine if they officialy release Hampton 81'.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 18:01

Justin
Looks like Keith's fax machine is going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks.

Now that is funny!

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 18:11

klrkcr
Gazza
71Tele
Gazza
Bill Wyman isnt going to go on an international/world tour with the Rolling Stones. Nice idea, but its a pipedream.

I know, but a couple of shows? You never know...

As a guest on a few songs? Sure. But they're hardly going to have him rehearse a bass part and replace Darryl Jones on a 2-hour show.

Deep down Gazza - I know you're right.But how do think Mick T and Bill for 3 nights in London would go down? Purely hypothetical of course - but jeez, that would be something not to miss.However, if we only get a mini set from all 6 stones( and a dvd of course) Id still be appreciative.

right ! one month of proper rehearsals / arranging the songs , one week of concerts filmed and recorded .. thats all i need . im there !

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 18, 2011 18:29

Would be a rockin' dream come true if Bill and Mick T join the tour. Imagine they all cut a record together, I'm almost overdosing with enthusiasm here.

Date: November 18, 2011 18:32

stonescrow
treaclefingers
melillo
I can see BILL agreeing to do some EURO gigs on the tour for the 50th, but no way he would do the complete tour IMO

They could give Bill a 30 day head start and he could take a ship from London to New York...and then tour bus it from stop to stop across North America.

It's not like he's 80 or anything...he's only 75 for crissakes!

Wonder if he still fears flying? He is 75 years old. Why would anybody at that age fear dying?

Because they could live another 20 years or so?

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:55

The interesting thing about this is probably really going to be who will be the bass player. Last month or so, there have been reports that Darryl Jones is working on a solo album at the time. To me, this news came quite unexpected. Now, since Darryl is busy, the door is open wide for Bill.
Mick Taylor is friends with Ronnie these days, so it would not be a surprise if he said Hi.

So far, nothing has happened yet, though.

What counts for this listener is a new album of new songs. Nothing less. And that is still some way to go.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2011 19:59

If Darryl is currently working on a solo album I doubt it's going to take him a another year and a half to complete it which would make him unavailable to tour with the Stones.

If Darryl doesn't tour with the Stones it's because he was asked not to---not because of scheduling conflicts.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:03

MartinB
Bill is probabably the most fit (musically, mentally and physically) of all of them to do a tour.
but he dresses the worst. give him some good clothes to wear and i'll be glad to see him back on stage with the Stones smiling smiley

Posted by: bestfour ()
Date: November 18, 2011 20:27

Thanks, great read, I did hear on an Irish rock show that Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman were to play, guest on the next tour, seems to be happening bit by bit.
Working on the new Exile, playing with Ronnie on his recent Faces tour and now invited to join in on the Stones Jam

Posted by: Brue ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:06

71Tele
I don't care if they tour, just get all six of them (six!) in a room for a few days, put some mics up to catch the magic (along with a couple of video cameras). There's your new Stones album.

o yeah!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:22

Depends on Mtaylor in goood shape (he will be because of him wanting this tour), Keith in good shape despite his fingers problems (he will do it with meidical treatmets) and Ronnie sober, you will have a wonderfull trio on guitar. Just listening to Brussels affair - a 2012 affair with Dancing Mr. D.!!!)

I think we are looking forward to a wonderful 2012. My wife is already saying: We're going to do both Europe and US seeing them, might also be South America depends on Buenos Aires....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:42

GumbootCloggeroo
MartinB
Bill is probabably the most fit (musically, mentally and physically) of all of them to do a tour.
but he dresses the worst. give him some good clothes to wear and i'll be glad to see him back on stage with the Stones smiling smiley

I don't care what Bill wears. He was always the underestimated one, the least understood one. His talent was rarely recognized. Now we know with the passage of time how important he was to the foundation sound of the Rolling Stones. It should be about the music now.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: November 18, 2011 23:58

Maybe they'll call the new band "Humble Pie" as it seems as Keith is being more humble in his approach to Mick and Bill W.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: November 19, 2011 00:07

Thanks for posting the interview.

Interesting that Wyman gets mentioned more in this 1 interview than in Keith's whole book.

Be great to have Wyman and Taylor playing or joining in with a tour. Both guys are still relatively active and the Stones never grooved better IMO than when they were members of the band.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home