Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Keith Richards Inviting Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor to Rolling Stones Jam Sessions, Looks Back at 'Some Girls,'
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:01

Thank you for posting this Justin, I agree Keith is perhaps understanding and shifting his view of the band....and for the better.

Re: Keith Richards Inviting Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor to Rolling Stones Jam Sessions, Looks Back at 'Some Girls,'
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:08

How wonderful if Bill and Mick T. accept his invitation. My God, the same lineup that made Exile, plus Ron. I would buy a ticket for that indeed.

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:09

great post always enjoy keith interviews. entertaining..

keep the posts and interviews comin

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:10

It's almost too good to be true. Sounds like Keith is really stepping up to get the Stones to write a glorious final chapter.

If he does succeed in getting everyone on board I hope they record some new material as well - Ronnie is apparently playing well and if Keith is inspired, and Taylor is back in the fold, there are new possibilities there - it might boost Jagger's inspiration as well.

I can imagine Bill Wyman changing his mind and deciding to contribute as well.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:12

71Tele
How wonderful if Bill and Mick T. accept his invitation. My God, the same lineup that made Exile, plus Ron. I would buy a ticket for that indeed.

Accept? But he never actually said he invited them. He said he was going to...or something. Keith being vague.
Just more bait for Mick IMO. Also fuels the rumor mill.

Also..

Re: So, with the 'Some Girls' reissue, how involved were you in digging through the archives?

Well, pretty much the same as Mick. We went with what we could find. It took us a while to actually find the master tapes, but after that it was pretty easy. 'Claudine,' I wished, and I think all of us did at the time, that that should have been on the original album, but there was some legal difficulties and stuff. But otherwise, she was a perfect 'Some Girl.' [Ed. note: The song deals with actress Claudine Longet, who was charged with fatally shooting her boyfriend and sentenced to 30 days in jail]

Was Claudine Longet one of the faces on the original Some Girls album cover?? If not..should've been...especially
if the song was being strongly considered for the album.

IORR............but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 01:14 by sweet neo con.

Posted by: M4000D ()

This makes me happy to read.

If the wotld ends in 2012

Oh well

Go out with a bang.

I don't care if they tour, just get all six of them (six!) in a room for a few days, put some mics up to catch the magic (along with a couple of video cameras). There's your new Stones album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 01:13 by 71Tele.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:18

71Tele
I don't care if they tour, just get all six of them (six!) in a room for a few days, put some mics up to catch the magic (along with a couple of video cameras). There's your new Stones album.

i hope you're right...but sometimes the same six "ingredients" don't always make the same great dish.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:18

It seems that Keith could be laying the PR groundwork to get Bill to do something new with the band. He's been saying, for Keith, an awful lot of nice things about Bill's playing, lately. And maybe he is nostalgic, looking back at where the band began, and remembering Bill. At any rate, Bill might decide to have nothing to do with the current Stones. I would be shocked if he agreed to return in any sort of full time capacity. I can't see him joining them on a big tour. I see maybe a couple number with the boys on stage in London. Same with Taylor, although he might be willing to tour.

As for Darryl, I'm sure he's accepted his place as a side musician. I've never heard him interviewed as to his feeling about not being a full member. Maybe it's just a gig to him, a well paid gig. I've never heard a post Wyman song with D. Jones that had a particularly memorable bass part. Some are more adequate than others, but nothing show stopping.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:19

Maybe get some large photos of Brian to hang above them

Hey Floyd use to have syd in there

McCartney pays tribute to Lennon and Harrison all the time.

Ok forget it.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:21

Agreed, with all those juices flowing in the same room...it would be impossible for any of them to walk away indifferent or with the though, "Alright cool, well, see you guys in another 50!" Just all of them meeting up at all, is more than half the battle.

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:27

I'd always heard that Claudine was intended for Emotional Rescue rather than Some Girls....

Either way, I hope they left the original vocal for it intact. It had finished lyrics and everything and it would be pointless and awful to hear 2011 Mick singing on this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 01:28 by it's_all_wrong.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:28

Keith's "best-selling offer"? Does this mean Taylor and Wyman gotta pay to play?

Date: November 18, 2011 01:28

sweet neo con
71Tele

Accept? But he never actually said he invited them. He said he was going to...or something. Keith being vague.

That's a good point, but throwing Bill and Taylor's names out there like this is very unlike Keith - so have to believe something is up. At worst, he'll have Ronnie call them.. smiling smiley

Date: November 18, 2011 01:29

It would be a miracle if bill toured with them.
I don't know if he got over the reason for leaving the band
Fear of flying.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:30

sweet neo con
71Tele

i hope you're right...but sometimes the same six "ingredients" don't always make the same great dish.

I will go out on a limb here and predict it would be a tastier dish than the four-ingredient one we have had for the last several years.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 18, 2011 01:31

Looks like Keith's fax machine is going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks.

Date: November 18, 2011 01:31

SweetThing
sweet neo con
71Tele

That's a good point, but throwing Bill and Taylor's names out there like this is very unlike Keith - so have to believe something is up. At worst, he'll have Ronnie call them.. smiling smiley

oh..i agree. i'm more optimistic than ever but it could just be keith being keith.

i do think keith is nostalgic (for lack of a better word) and that he'd be in favor of a "class reunion"....now
that everyone seems to be accepting that the end is near. ;-)

Date: November 18, 2011 01:42

M4000D
It would be a miracle if bill toured with them.
I don't know if he got over the reason for leaving the band
Fear of flying.

I agree, it would be something of a minor miracle if Bill agreed to a tour.

But what would a tour really consist of now? I can't imagine any tours like the last few.

They could get away with *more* dates in *less* US/Canadian cities I am sure.

Bill *could* travel on Cruise ship, and then over land if need be after that - all with first class accommodation. And, he could travel Europe perhaps without flying, depending on the schedule.

If the whole thing could be wrapped up in 3 months or so, with a big payday, it's gotta be tempting.. even for Bill I would guess....

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:12

Q:
Now that you're a best-selling offer, can we expect more writing from you?

A:
I don't know.

Did he mean "best-selling AUTHOR"?
Makes me think that this was transcribed incorrectly from an audio recording...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 18, 2011 02:38

Yes it would have to be, I thought it best not to point it out eye rolling smiley

Darryl needs to go, he's recorded zero bass part of interest since he joined and on stage you can barely hear him, someone teach that guy to play with a pick! One of the reasons B2B stands out is because they got a ton of excellent bass players...and keyboard players.

Date: November 18, 2011 02:54

Second time I seen him mention Bill Wyman lately. He is coming around

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:40

maumau
mmmh yes there's another thread about the jam but the invite to bill wyman e mick taylor is new news to me, maybe i overlooked it but...
maybe it is keith doing "keith" but that "I don't see why everybody who was a Stone shouldn't be involved." rings a big bell about the 50th anniversary, imho

Yes, a big case of where there is smoke there is probably fire.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2011 03:42

Justin
Looks like Keith's fax machine is going to be pretty busy in the next few weeks.

He's gonna need to change the ink cartridge!

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 18, 2011 04:10

SweetThing
It's almost too good to be true. Sounds like Keith is really stepping up to get the Stones to write a glorious final chapter.

If he does succeed in getting everyone on board I hope they record some new material as well - Ronnie is apparently playing well and if Keith is inspired, and Taylor is back in the fold, there are new possibilities there - it might boost Jagger's inspiration as well.

I can imagine Bill Wyman changing his mind and deciding to contribute as well.

Can you imagine a line up that includes Wyman and Taylor? Even if it is only for a few shows. Talk about having your dreams come true!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:06

Lots of news there but what about this gem?:

"I don't consider myself an alcoholic." --Keith Richards

That has got to be one for the ages.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:30

Nice to hear that Keith, that wellknown leader of men, is busy doing damage control.

Posted by: nocomment ()
Date: November 18, 2011 05:34

NOTHING would be better than if Mick Jagger did NOT turn up for this
jam session. Nothing would give this 50th thing more credibility than
for Jagger's forward-looking mentality to be locked out while this collective
of rearward-looking musicians, including Taylor and Wyman, cook up some
fresh stew. Jagger should wait til the others are more or less done before
tacking on his vocals. This particular album must be led by the musicians,
not the frontman, or else just forget about it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-18 05:37 by nocomment.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:11

....for all Jaggers faults...you can't not consider him a musician. That's just wrong on so many levels.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 18, 2011 06:41

Rip This
....for all Jaggers faults...you can't not consider him a musician. That's just wrong on so many levels.
"wrong" is a mild way to put it.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1321
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home