Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Paul SImon Live Concert Broadcast
Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: November 12, 2011 03:12

After his pair of acclaimed sold-out XRT Shows in May, Paul Simon returns to the Chicago area for a third sold-out XRT Show at the Rosemont Theatre this Sunday night. In addition to playing songs from his latest album, So Beautiful or So What, hear Paul Simon performing his timeless favorites that have inspired generations. This LIVE Sunday Night Concert Special will be broadcast on 93.1FM and streaming across the country on WXRT.com, in its entirety, live as it happens. Tune in Sunday at 8pm CST (6pm PST & 9pm EST)!

Re: OT: Paul SImon Live Concert Broadcast
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 12, 2011 03:17

Lynd8
After his pair of acclaimed sold-out XRT Shows in May, Paul Simon returns to the Chicago area for a third sold-out XRT Show at the Rosemont Theatre this Sunday night. In addition to playing songs from his latest album, So Beautiful or So What, hear Paul Simon performing his timeless favorites that have inspired generations. This LIVE Sunday Night Concert Special will be broadcast on 93.1FM and streaming across the country on WXRT.com, in its entirety, live as it happens. Tune in Sunday at 8pm CST (6pm PST & 9pm EST)!

Thank you very much... if you anyone has a good better link, would you please post it. [wxrt.radio.com]

I just read a review of this tour last week, and it said he is playing a great show, at 70 years young. Here is the review link. [backtorockville.typepad.com] I would copy/paste it, but it contains too many spoilers through out, and I know some folks dont like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-12 03:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 12, 2011 03:25

Here's a link to his website with some info:

[www.paulsimon.com]

Date: November 12, 2011 03:27

Thank you very muchsmoking smiley

Date: November 12, 2011 03:44

There's some really great stuff on Youtube from the iTunes festival - here's just a sample:

Date: November 13, 2011 15:04

Reminder 9pm EST today.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: November 13, 2011 16:42

I saw Paul Simon in Toronto this year. It was an honor. The show was great.

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: November 13, 2011 17:15

This is just one of the many great things about this site - the sharing of information that normally many of us would not have known. Thank you so much Lynd8 for giving us the scoop!

Date: November 13, 2011 17:24

UnionHall
This is just one of the many great things about this site - the sharing of information that normally many of us would not have known. Thank you so much Lynd8 for giving us the scoop!
thumbs upexactly, thanks again Lynd8.

I hope whatever technology they are using for this streaming tonight works on my computer without much hassles or signup nonsense. e.g. I am still delighted to have heard Paul McCrartney at Wrigley Field a couple of months ago using a street camera with sound that an IORRer tipped us off to. That was fun... and it worked without downloading anything or signing up for anything.

Posted by: Anthony ()
Date: November 13, 2011 20:03

I was lucky enough to see him last Sunday night here in OKC. There was an issue where the soundboard die din transport from Austin so, they had to change it out. To make up for the delay, he did a four song concert in the lobby beforehand of things he hasn't been playing lately. Me and Julio, Mrs. Robinson, The Boxer and Cecilia. Look up Paul Simon Lobby Concert on Youtube and you will see. I got a hand shake and a pick from him! Great night!

Date: November 13, 2011 20:07

Anthony
I was lucky enough to see him last Sunday night here in OKC. There was an issue where the soundboard die din transport from Austin so, they had to change it out. To make up for the delay, he did a four song concert in the lobby beforehand of things he hasn't been playing lately. Me and Julio, Mrs. Robinson, The Boxer and Cecilia. Look up Paul Simon Lobby Concert on Youtube and you will see. I got a hand shake and a pick from him! Great night!
whoa man, how cool is that? thanks for the youtube tip...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-13 20:08 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Anthony ()
Date: November 13, 2011 22:07

Not to mention that they absolutely rocked the house for the main show.About 30 of us had a conga line going during Late in the Evening... We got a rare You Can Call Me Al(he has only played it once, from what I can find, since the tour started last month) before Still Crazy After All These Years. It wasn't on the setlist, So Beautiful of So What is a great album, for those who haven't heard it, check it out!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 14, 2011 04:37

Lynd8, than you, it's on now, WXRT, live from Chicago.
Started with an interesting interview about his songwriting before the curtain opened.
He's in good voice and mood.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 14, 2011 05:06

That is so awesome he did that lobby concert! Very special indeed and you were lucky to see that!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home