Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:35

Thanks for the news. Finally, they are about to get together again and play.
People in London, please let us know which bass player you see arriving or leaving their rehearsal space. It's kind of an unfamiliar thing to say but if it's Darryl Jones, it will be the Stones. Of course, if it's Bill Wyman, it will be, too, but that is unlikely.

I like Don Was, but on this occasion, they do not need a producer, they need their bass player with them.

And their harp player, too, of course!

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:46

stonescrow
Gazza
Loudei
Don Was lovers I see... well I would rather have a producer that could help these cats make new music instead of a fanatic producer wanting to revive some past glory. The old stuff is great I like the music too, but seriously what has Don Was giving us and the Stones? 17 years is enough!!!!!

RICK RUBIN
DANIEL LANOIS
T BONE BURNETT

where are you?!?

Yes Don Was should take a hike. And any of you don't like my honest opinnion you can all kiss my ass. >grinning smiley<

Rubin and Jagger hate each other and Lanois (great producer in his own right) would ruin the Stones' sound.

If they're not motivated to write good songs then no producer in the world is going to be able to polish a turd.

Next.

If anyone can do it, it's DW.

Chris Kimsey and another Tattoo You - lots of material to work on.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 11, 2011 21:49

stonescrow
Loudei
Don Was is the biggest @#$%& that ever was....

Don Was is one cool dude and a one hell of a fine producer. He knows what we want and he is going to do everything he can to get Mick to give us what we want! We want some blues, man!

...we wanted 'I need you', 'Misty Roads' and 'Fiji Jim' for this reissue sad smiley
'One hell of fine producer' should advise and insist to put good songs like these on SG Deluxe. In the case of new album, he should have the courage to say that
"Streets of Love" or 'Sweet Neo Con" are crappy songs. Rick Rubin told Mick that 'Charmed Life' (another crappy song) wasn't right for WS. Imo he is a good producer.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 11, 2011 22:03

Cool picture Vilhelm. Never seen it before.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 11, 2011 22:10

I wonder if Keith is going to bring few of his personal favorite guitars with him to England for the jamming sessions. Or may be Keith is going to use Ronnie's. When they recorded ABB at La Fourchette in 2004 Keith rented guitars from a shop in Tours, France, a city about 20 miles away from Mick's mansion.Any guess where the sessions are going to take place ?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: November 11, 2011 22:14

rollmops
I wonder if Keith is going to bring few of his personal favorite guitars with him to England for the jamming sessions. Or may be Keith is going to use Ronnie's. When they recorded ABB at La Fourchette in 2004 Keith rented guitars from a shop in Tours, France, a city about 20 miles away from Mick's mansion.Any guess where the sessions are going to take place ?
Rock and Roll,
Mops

I think he (or maybe Pierre) will bring a few of his favourites teles, maybe the red or black 355, maybe a zemaitis reissue, maybe his Martin D-18, maybe the Mary Kay strat, who knows.

Date: November 11, 2011 23:28

stonescrow
corriecas
stonescrow
Loudei
Don Was is the biggest @#$%& that ever was....

Don Was is one cool dude and a one hell of a fine producer. He knows what we want and he is going to do everything he can to get Mick to give us what we want! We want some blues, man!

One hell of a producer????
Wake up,, the Stones deserve a better producer and not a Yes/sayer to jagger.
jeroen

You will change your mind once you hear the new album. Mick is doing a better job of listening these days.

Hi Stonescrow, i really hope they make a great album...but not another ABB eye rolling smiley What do you mean with "Mick is doing a better job of listening these days"?!
Imho an album a'la "Tattoo You", with 10 good outtakes well produced, would be the best choice

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:14

billwebster
Thanks for the news. Finally, they are about to get together again and play.
People in London, please let us know which bass player you see arriving or leaving their rehearsal space. It's kind of an unfamiliar thing to say but if it's Darryl Jones, it will be the Stones. Of course, if it's Bill Wyman, it will be, too, but that is unlikely.

I like Don Was, but on this occasion, they do not need a producer, they need their bass player with them.

And their harp player, too, of course!

Their "bass player" is Bill Wyman.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: November 12, 2011 00:46

Sure do hope this pans out and the wheels get turning! We need positve signs and this is a possible first sign.
Fred Hardin
Savannah, GA

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: November 12, 2011 08:13

I`m real happy some action at last and looking forward to whatever may come out of these sessions, always find some peace and a sense of wellbeing when I put on some stones, loving the original cut of " no spare parts" just lately, makes me realise why I have loved this band for so long.......they just have that groove.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 12, 2011 09:12

rollmops
When they recorded ABB at La Fourchette in 2004 Keith rented guitars from a shop

hm well maybe some of them (if you've got a good source that says so!)
but in the footage and photos of the sessions you can see a number of his very own tried-and-true instruments

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: November 12, 2011 11:17

for a band like the rolling stones (corporation) that has not played together in 4 years i find a little bit hard to believe that it is just old friends jamming. For that they would not need to rent a studio.

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: November 12, 2011 12:24

maumau
for a band like the rolling stones (corporation) that has not played together in 4 years i find a little bit hard to believe that it is just old friends jamming. For that they would not need to rent a studio.

Given the fact that Keith has written some stuff recently with Steve Jordan, maybe he wants the others to try out a few of these tunes?

I sure do hope this is the start for their next album of new songs.

Date: November 12, 2011 15:43

with sssoul
rollmops
When they recorded ABB at La Fourchette in 2004 Keith rented guitars from a shop

hm well maybe some of them (if you've got a good source that says so!)
but in the footage and photos of the sessions you can see a number of his very own tried-and-true instruments

At the time I read an article from the local press "nouvelle republique du centre";in it the owner of the music store was interviewed and he said how happily surprised he was to have to rent guitars to the Rolling Stones. I think it was a couple of Fender Strats and Teles. I'll try to find the french article.
I was very surprised too that with all the guitars that the Rolling Stones have they needed to rent more that what they already have. Again Keith living and having his equipment in the US complicates the logistics of simply playing with the others Stones.
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Date: November 12, 2011 17:11

stonescrow
Gazza
Loudei
Don Was lovers I see... well I would rather have a producer that could help these cats make new music instead of a fanatic producer wanting to revive some past glory. The old stuff is great I like the music too, but seriously what has Don Was giving us and the Stones? 17 years is enough!!!!!

Rubin and Jagger hate each other and Lanois (great producer in his own right) would ruin the Stones' sound.

If they're not motivated to write good songs then no producer in the world is going to be able to polish a turd.

Next.

That is true, Stonescrow, DW has experience in shining turds. He's the best man for that kind of job, if that is what happens.

Date: November 12, 2011 17:53

Once Keith gets to London and joins Ronnie, watch out! Ron is on fire those days. They'll probably play music then to relax do some late night out in the cool london clubs. Hopefully they'll enjoy themselves and get into rock and roll mode quickly. Enough of that sitting around and speculating shit. Let's roll!!
Rock and Roll,
Mops

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 12, 2011 19:12

A seemingly re-inspired and somewhat sober Keith playing a clean and sober Ronnie, along with the always rock solid Charlie Watts. Promising. It's been a while since the band had both guitarists in a state of mind and body capable of potentially playing together like they did in late 70s-early 80s.

It almost seems like Jagger threw a challenge down at that meeting a couple of months ago. "You wanna play in 2012? Show me."

This fits with all the Keith activity of the past six mos. or so, his return to the studio and those tracks that leaked out via that Shidobee poster a few weeks ago after he heard snatches of songs while picnicing near Keith's house.

Maybe, just maybe for the first time since Bridges Keith will be bringing a nice quantity of material and we will get the first actual Stones album since "VL"

I say that because B2B is 3EP's in one (Mick solo, Keith solo and a few Stones songs). Also, during ABB Charlie, due to his cancer treatment and Woody were largely absent.

Time will tell obviously, but since the release of Exile deluxe last year this has been a busy group-collectively and individually.

The Stones will roll in 2012 it seems but in what direction and how remains to be seen. But at least they have our attention again.

Date: November 12, 2011 21:13

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
stonescrow
Gazza
Loudei

Next.

That is true, Stonescrow, DW has experience in shining turds. He's the best man for that kind of job, if that is what happens.

DW often polish too much, especially guitar's sound.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 12, 2011 22:54

big4
A seemingly re-inspired and somewhat sober Keith playing a clean and sober Ronnie, along with the always rock solid Charlie Watts. Promising. It's been a while since the band had both guitarists in a state of mind and body capable of potentially playing together like they did in late 70s-early 80s.

It almost seems like Jagger threw a challenge down at that meeting a couple of months ago. "You wanna play in 2012? Show me."

This fits with all the Keith activity of the past six mos. or so, his return to the studio and those tracks that leaked out via that Shidobee poster a few weeks ago after he heard snatches of songs while picnicing near Keith's house.

quote]

plausible....they certainly are equal to the sum of their parts and KR and RW sober is a big variable....not to be underestimated.

Date: November 12, 2011 23:13

You never know, they just might surprise us. Doubtful, but you never know...

Date: November 13, 2011 03:36

Wonder if Keith plays sitting down. he should; develop a new image.

why on earth would anyone ever think that Daniel Lanois should produce the Stones?

Date: November 13, 2011 03:46

Palace Revolution 2000
Wonder if Keith plays sitting down. he should; develop a new image.

why on earth would anyone ever think that Daniel Lanois should produce the Stones?

Let Tom Waits produce the next Stones album. Now THAT would be an inspired idea.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 13, 2011 04:56

Fantastic idea tele. Waits would be perfect, but alas, would be seen to be too much in Keith's camp, I doubt Jagger would ever go for it.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 13, 2011 07:35

Waits would be a very interesting choice. I still love the idea of Jack White or Rubin but it's very unlikely.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 13, 2011 09:56

Exciting times!!
My wife and me are off to Capetown, South Africa for a few weeks, but i cant wait to get back and see what has happened.
Fingers crossed
bye
jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 13, 2011 10:44

The new album will be ready when you get back Jeroen smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 13, 2011 13:16

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 13, 2011 15:58

...Sun article taken out of context to fuel disharmony...read the original article in Rolling Stone....

Date: November 13, 2011 17:50

deadegad
Waits would be a very interesting choice. I still love the idea of Jack White or Rubin but it's very unlikely.

I think I like the "idea" of Jack White better than the actual Jack White.

Posted by: mrfancyman ()
Date: November 13, 2011 17:52

First them 4 have to say YES, we will make a last record to show those kids one more time why they are still the greatest band on earth.
Then they should figure out who will be on board and who will do what.
This is my (wish)list what could come out of such a decision:

Mick Jagger: vocals, guitar, harp, piano
Ron Wood: guitar, steel guitar, some backup vocals
Keith Richards: vocals, backup vocals, some guitar
Charlie Watts: drums
Mick Taylor: guitar
Bill Wyman: bass
Waddy Wachtel: guitar (KR parts)
Bobby Keys: sax
Ben Waters: piano

Producers: Rick Rubin and T-Bone Burnett
Co-Producers: The Glimmer Twins
Musical Director: Keith Richards
Working Title: Finaly Back Together!!!!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home