Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29
Re: Stones to jam in studio this month
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 11, 2011 08:30

dcba
do you reallythink they still "jam in the studio"?

To me it's more like : a recording session is set. Keith comes late with empty hands, Mick comes in with 40 finished demos. Keith rejects half of these.
They work on the rest and they finalize 14 to 15 cuts.[/[/b]quote]

and rather than pick the 10 or 11 best cuts, find out if they can cram all 15 onto the CD.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: November 11, 2011 08:37

treaclefingers
dcba

To me it's more like : a recording session is set. Keith comes late with empty hands, Mick comes in with 40 finished demos. Keith rejects half of these.
They work on the rest and they finalize 14 to 15 cuts.[/[/b]quote]

and rather than pick the 10 or 11 best cuts, find out if they can cram all 15 onto the CD.

ABB? ABB2?

We'll buy it whatever it is.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 11, 2011 10:54

A Bigger Belly...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:04

This story even made the UK's (right of centre) Daily Telegraph newpaper today (print and online)

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: TOOTSIE ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:04

Hey lets hope they get it going are we not STONE'S fans anything new will be want we want

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:12

I heard that Mick is not welcome anymore. The lack of singer AND bass player is settled now, and the band can remain a four-pieced...

- Doxa

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:23

Maibe the Jam at the concert of Bill next week?
I love dream!
Sici

Posted by: stonescrow ()
Date: November 11, 2011 13:19

poor immigrant
RollingStone.com:

This month, Keith Richards will meet fellow Rolling Stones Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts in a London studio. "We're just going to play a little together, because we haven't played for three or four years," Richards says. "You don't necessarily want to rehearse or write anything – you just want to touch bases. That's a good start: me, Charlie and Ronnie. Mick's welcome, and I'm sure he'll turn up, but right now we just want to get our chops down."

Beyond that, the Stones' plans for their 50th anniversary next year remain unclear. "I just hope we can perform live," says Wood. "It'd be great to see if that old spark is there."

More here:

[www.rollingstone.com]

Oh, really, you don't say! Another crushing blow to the chin of the naysayers!

Re: OK, here it is finally! (STONES TO JAM this month!!!)
Date: November 11, 2011 13:25

headly123
Rubbish

Getting nervous are we?

Date: November 11, 2011 13:27

Rolling Hansie
I like it. Thanks for posting

Thank YOU!!!!!

Date: November 11, 2011 13:28

Cocaine Eyes
THANK YOU!!

You are welcome! Told you we wouldn't let you down!

Date: November 11, 2011 13:30

StonesTod
mick's welcome, is he? gee, that's swell...

It's all coming together just as The Watchman told you it would!

Date: November 11, 2011 13:31

duke richardson
no bass player?

oh the possibilities..

thumbs up

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: November 11, 2011 13:31

dcba

They work on the rest and they finalize 14 to 15 cuts.

To me it´s more like this: a recording session is set. Keith comes late with empty hands or with few good ideas, Mick comes in with 40 finished demos. Keith rejects half of these: - He dont wanna play disco or do any Superheavy leftovers, he wants to play rock n roll, country or blues,
They work on the 20 songs until they start to argue about Micks idea of Stones working with Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga has already been on stage with Yoko Ono - so Mick thinks it brilliant, Keith hates the idea - so they finalize only 14 cuts. They plan to go on tour..but they need few more songs for an album, Mick´s writes dance hit..Keith writes a ballad - The album will have a stupid title and a bad cover.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-11 13:34 by seitan.

Date: November 11, 2011 13:34

Silver Dagger
Being in the PR business myself let's just remember that they have major product coming out in less than 2 weeks. I can see this story making many daily papers tomorrow. PR job done I'd say.

They are the best!

Date: November 11, 2011 13:38

hot stuff
Its great to be a Stones fan now....I'm pumped if they give us more from
Let it Bleed, etc...Play it loud....

Must be great to be MIckscarey today! Sounds like a Done Deal!

Date: November 11, 2011 13:43

Doxa
Odd talk from Keith Richards. He makes a public announcement that he will jam with Charlie and Ronnie in London in this month, and "Mick's welcome." Well, if Jagger will not turn up, it will not be a Rolling Stones jam session.

I guess this is all meaningless PR bs in promoting the new product, SOME GIRLS re-issue, but still it sounds odd. I take Keith's talk to mean that Mick Jagger is not involved in this jam session, or any kind of primus motor in planning that. And I can't read that as any kind of positive signal in regards to future Stones activities. Besides it echoes so much the contrast Keith makes in LIFE of Mick against the others (the band), like separating Jagger from the rest of them.

Ronnie's comment is typical Ronnie bs: from the base of 35-40 years old tapes they make an imlplication what a great live and they not were, but ARE. Now, that's logic.

It looks like that the Stones decided to start the SOME GIRLS promotion work with the bullshit department. And Keith sounds still like promoting his book...

- Doxa

Some call it a teaser. I just call it RSTF. And you know what that means.

Date: November 11, 2011 13:44

chrism13
they should invite Wyman & Taylor to "Jam".

Yes they should.

Date: November 11, 2011 13:50

corriecas
BullSHIT
ALLL BLAH BLAH BLAH FROM KEEF,even though i love the man.
nothingwill happen
sorry
jeroen

Everything will happen.

Date: November 11, 2011 13:53

Doxa
Maybe Jagger has asked Charlie (with whom he did "jam" during the summer and made some blues songs) to check if Keith and Ronnie are in any shape to do anything worthwhile, and then report him if any real future activity is worth time and investion... It starts to sound like it is Charlie the key mediator - and musically the only link - between the Twins nowadays..eye rolling smiley

Hmmm... it starts to sound that there is a lot in the game in those jam sessions... they might really check if they are adult-seriously in shape to do anything. In this sense, the whole thing migh have been Jagger's master plan from the beginning... he has given the order for the rest - Keith that is - to get "their chops down" if any future activity is going to happen... And now Keith, in order to save his face, makes this little "Mick's welcome" mark, perhaps already knowing that he won't be there. He don't need to...eye rolling smiley

Speculation...

- Doxa

Jagger's master plan....now were talkin!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 11, 2011 14:00

Yep, feel it in me bones for sure now !! Just hope my usual palpitations in getting decent tickets doesn't kill me 1st !!
Chris

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 11, 2011 14:01

Erik_Snow
stoned in washington dc
but you don't announce it man!!!!!!!!!!! by announcing it its almost like he's claiming the band is HIS. .he convened the "rolling stones".. mick is invited if he wants to show..

sorry, this is very bizzarre.. if mick sees this i think he's going to feel like keith is pressuring him through the media..

That's what I'm thinking as well. It's very wierd
And if Jagger doesn't want to do it; BAM - he's out of the Rolling Stones; or what's left of them.....

Nothing weird about it at all. It's all part of the master plan to build drama for what is coming. The Stones are coming and nothing is going to stop them.

Date: November 11, 2011 14:10

corriecas
nothing will come from it
jeroen

Except a 50th anniversary mini tour and new album.

Date: November 11, 2011 14:15

chriseganstar
Yep, feel it in me bones for sure now !! Just hope my usual palpitations in getting decent tickets doesn't kill me 1st !!
Chris

I have been putting money aside since the last time I saw them in 2006. I am prepared to pay any price. This time around could truly be the last time, however, I think Mick wants to do something for the 50th anniversary of Satisfaction to close things out.

Date: November 11, 2011 14:19

phd
I just take it for what seems to be reality : Keith playing with Charlie. Just great. Second : if Charlie is doing just so, it means to me that Mick will surely turn up. Funny though how "Life" has damaged everything. Third : it will happen, so so. This tour will mean a real crusade for the believers.

I love the words crusade and believers! So do the Stones!

Date: November 11, 2011 14:21

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
RnT
There was a really great version of 'Miss You,' which is almost jazz," Richards says of one surprise the band found in the vault. "Mick didn't like his vocal on that. I would have loved to put that on, just because it's so different from the other one. But at the same time Mick said, 'No, I'm not cutting it.' The same would happen to me. … We go into a couple things like that, then we just look at each other and go, 'Oh, what a shame.'

It seems like they have actually been working together on the SG-reissue. If so, that would be a positive sign, wouldn't it?

Remember, this is the same Mick that though Streets Of Love was a great single to kick off the Bang album, among a lot of other strange decisions he's made over the past, oh, since 1985.

The ladies loved Streets Of Love.

Date: November 11, 2011 14:23

filstan
As far I am concerned if these guys want to play it is a positive development. I would not read any more into it than that. If the band called it a day and never toured or recorded again it would not matter to me since they have given us so much over so many years. I would not read anything else into this statement from Keith who was probably just joking around anyway. Why take this so serious and try to pump more into it than is really there?

Don't you just love RSTF!

Date: November 11, 2011 14:28

Justin
stoned in washington dc
ha ha..invitation via Rolling Stone magazine?

there was no need to tell the media anything at all..

this is not the way you do things in a functioning band...

How do you know he hasn't invited Mick personally?

Keith has always been an open book, with or without a microphone in front of him. Someone asked him a question, he gave an honest answer...the completely OPPOSITE of Mick who shares nothing and reveals zilch.

But I suppose it would be more entertaining to go with the "This is the end, folks, Keith is taking control of the band and will create a spinoff band called "Still Stones" with Ronnie and Charlie and Darryl, leaving Mick to permanently tour with Superheavy!" route...

Keith said recently that Mick and he are still working together.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 11, 2011 14:29

18 posts in an hour. In the same thread. To be an IORR:er seems to be a full time job, stonescrow? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-11-11 14:30 by Thommie.

Date: November 11, 2011 14:35

deadegad
I love this place! A place a hard-core Kennedy Assassination enthusiast would feel at home in.

Mick's Absence means . . ..???? Keith's leaking a coded message through crony's at RStone Mag! Ronnie said 'spark' that's code for . . .??????

THE TODGER!!!! OMG!!! That's the missing piece of the puzzle.

Another political controversy -- Watergate -- is perhaps the most illuminating: "Follow the money."

Nothing will prevent them from cashing in on the 50th thing not even 'Life.' If they can play, not a small issue, and the economics, insurance, etc, are favorable it will happen. The size (sorry Mick) and scope are uncertain, but it will happen.

Aint' no way they are going to say no to cashing in.

BTW, if they can record F-Was, so yesterday. Jack White. Or MickJ swallow hard and get Rubin. Don't play it safe and go out like Pussies!

The passion around here is incredible. It's one reason the Stones will keep rollin until they run out of roll!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home