Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: A review of the 12 bonus tracks on the 2011 “Some Girls” reissue.
Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: November 1, 2011 15:37

Whale
Gazza
So, let me see if I've got this right....

None of us have heard this record yet and we're pulling apart the review of someone who actually has?

And even begrudging their right to hear the record before they write a review of it?

Inspiring stuff.
It's not about this record per se.
It's about the fact that I and many others here are dying to hear a record and are willing to pay good money to do so.

My money is bad but it still buys things. Paying 99¢ for a download is not what some might call 'paying good money'.

Posted by: DragonSky ()
Date: November 1, 2011 15:45

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Gazza

None of us have heard this record yet and we're pulling apart the review of someone who actually has?

And even begrudging their right to hear the record before they write a review of it?

Inspiring stuff.

I'm sorry, Gazza, do you want your Occupy Journalism t-shirt or not? I need a decision. Disgruntled Stones fans won't wait forever...or actually yes, they will but they'll complain the whole time.

Funny how they're like Mick Taylor in that aspect.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2011 16:04

WilliamPatrickMaynard
Gazza

Inspiring stuff.

I'm sorry, Gazza, do you want your Occupy Journalism t-shirt or not? I need a decision. Disgruntled Stones fans won't wait forever...or actually yes, they will but they'll complain the whole time.

BTW, did we ever get a final answer on an actual target date for when the Stones have to sh1t or get off the can? I lost interest before that thread finished.

Sorry, I cant answer that just now. I'm on my way to a film theatre to queue for several hours to make sure I'm the first one through the doors to see 'Some Girls Live in Texas' later this evening. Even if it means standing for six hours and getting pneumonia as a result. I just cant bear the thought of a lesser fan being through the doors in front of me. It was bad enough that it was already shown in another cinema for one night four weeks ago when I was on holiday and that people who DONT own bootlegs of every show on the '78 tour actually saw this performance before I did. I was unaware these sort of mutants even existed until now! I was disgusted that the Stones and Eagle Rock didnt consult me in advance to seek guidance on a date for the premiere that was more convenient for me.

Date: November 1, 2011 16:11

Gazza
WilliamPatrickMaynard
Gazza

Inspiring stuff.

BTW, did we ever get a final answer on an actual target date for when the Stones have to sh1t or get off the can? I lost interest before that thread finished.

Sorry, I cant answer that just now. I'm on my way to a film theatre to queue for several hours to make sure I'm the first one through the doors to see 'Some Girls Live in Texas' later this evening. Even if it means standing for six hours and getting pneumonia as a result. I just cant bear the thought of a lesser fan being through the doors in front of me. It was bad enough that it was already shown in another cinema for one night four weeks ago when I was on holiday and that people who DONT own bootlegs of every show on the '78 tour actually saw this performance before I did. I was unaware these sort of mutants even existed until now! I was disgusted that the Stones and Eagle Rock didnt consult me in advance to seek guidance on a date for the premiere that was more convenient for me.

thumbs up

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: November 1, 2011 16:56

Gazza
WilliamPatrickMaynard
Gazza

Inspiring stuff.

you mean you didn't get an advance DVD? if you did...keep mum..WHALE will get upset. winking smiley

IORR............but I like it!

Date: November 2, 2011 12:15

You can find here some YouTube links to the older versions of the unreleased songs. Also some track details but that was already published in another thread.

www.fortylicksfanclub.nl
Forty Licks Fanclub on Facebook

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 2, 2011 15:29

...if they had added 'I need you', 'Misty roads' and 'Fiji Jim' instead of three covers would have been a perfect SG reissue. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 2, 2011 15:47

i agree kriffhard.
completely
jeroen

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:08

KRiffhard
...if they had added 'I need you', 'Misty roads' and 'Fiji Jim' instead of three covers would have been a perfect SG reissue. eye rolling smiley

+1

Date: November 2, 2011 19:47

...imho it's a wrong and inexplicable choice.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 2, 2011 19:51

KRiffhard

it may be worng, but it's explicable...i could explic it for you if you like.

Date: November 2, 2011 20:08

StonesTod
KRiffhard

Hi StonesTod,
if you have an explanation about the selection of three covers instead of "I need you" (imo a perfect single for this reissue), "Misty Roads" and "Fiji Jim" i would be grateful!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 2, 2011 20:12

KRiffhard
StonesTod
KRiffhard

Hi StonesTod,
if you have an explanation about the selection of three covers instead of "I need you" (imo a perfect single for this reissue), "Misty Roads" and "Fiji Jim" i would be grateful!

ok. here it is:

mick doesn't have a clue what he's doing

Date: November 2, 2011 20:24

StonesTod
KRiffhard
StonesTod
KRiffhard

Hi StonesTod,

ok. here it is:

thumbs up I would add the producer too.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2011 20:28

StonesTod
KRiffhard
StonesTod
KRiffhard

Hi StonesTod,

ok. here it is:

Sorry...yes he does.

Gotta leave some for either the SOME GIRLS UBER DELUXE edition, Emotional Rescue Super Deluxe, or Tattoo You Two!

Come on, get on board or the Stones train'll leave you behind!

Date: November 5, 2011 14:27

I just heard "No Spare Parts" on a local radio station and i have to admit that is really boring and repetitive sad smiley
Imo NSP is the worst option as single for this reissue...another mistake with the the unbelievable exclusion of "I need you", "Misty Roads" and "Fiji Jim".

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1600
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home